Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Wood - Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bey130

Considering they don't seem to have dates for ESB, fire and home bound approval it seems that even October could be ambitious. With everything your solicitor will have to do, sign off from council and QS considering that we don't even have a snag date (not sure if you do) it seems like a never ending process.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LeeC1990

We haven't heard anything since we were told about Mid September for our re-snag. When you say this date is now looking ambitious - were you speaking to Nevilles?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 member2017

bey130 wrote: »
    Considering they don't seem to have dates for ESB, fire and home bound approval it seems that even October could be ambitious. With everything your solicitor will have to do, sign off from council and QS considering that we don't even have a snag date (not sure if you do) it seems like a never ending process.
    No we don't even have a snag date yet but I know the house pretty much finished internal, and externally it's all done too.
    When I spoke to the council they mentioned there should be someone on site pretty regularly to sign the cert for each house so it doesn't seem like that is the major delay... 
    LeeC1990 wrote: »
    We haven't heard anything since we were told about Mid September for our re-snag. When you say this date is now looking ambitious - were you speaking to Nevilles?
    We spoke to the site foreman and his exact words were that moving in mid-September was ambitious. At least you have gotten somewhere getting to re-snag. Did you find many issues first time around? As we are yet to complete snagging for our house it would be good to get an idea of the amount of issues you found.

member2017 wrote: »
    No we don't even have a snag date yet but I know the house pretty much finished internal, and externally it's all done too.
    When I spoke to the council they mentioned there should be someone on site pretty regularly to sign the cert for each house so it doesn't seem like that is the major delay... 

We spoke to the site foreman and his exact words were that moving in mid-September was ambitious. At least you have gotten somewhere getting to re-snag. Did you find many issues first time around? As we are yet to complete snagging for our house it would be good to get an idea of the amount of issues you found.

Ok thanks, did he say what has caused this further delay? This is so frustrating, we've had to move home too. To be honest yes we did have a lot on our snag list, a lot of which were cosmetic stuff just like untidy work, or cutting corners such as screws missing from every door in the house. But there were also other more important bits such as there's no drains for our house and the gutter in all the terraced houses are connected with no downpipe, some damage in the attic, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

We were told Monday that they hoped to issue a date for Notice of Closing by the end of the week but atm they are looking at mid-September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 member2017

LeeC1990 wrote: »
    Ok thanks, did he say what has caused this further delay? This is so frustrating, we've had to move home too. To be honest yes we did have a lot on our snag list, a lot of which were cosmetic stuff just like untidy work, or cutting corners such as screws missing from every door in the house. But there were also other more important bits such as there's no drains for our house and the gutter in all the terraced houses are connected with no downpipe, some damage in the attic, etc.
    No he didn't mention anything other than not getting in mid-September. Good to know about what you noticed during snagging, it's something else we can add to our list on what to watch out for. Thank you :)
    Quintis wrote: »
    We were told Monday that they hoped to issue a date for Notice of Closing by the end of the week but atm they are looking at mid-September
    What is involved in the Notice of Closing? Does this mean they can start providing people with completion dates

member2017 wrote: »
    What is involved in the Notice of Closing? Does this mean they can start providing people with completion dates

Essentially that the house is ready and they are ready to sign over the house and request payment

• Registered Users Posts: 39 med1989

Quintis wrote: »

Would you mind updating the thread here if and when you hear from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kateb1

Hi all, I'm looking at purchasing in phase 2 of Carton Wood. My main concern is that my kids will have some other kids to play with in the estate, I have a 7.5 yr old girl and 2 yr old boy. I'll have to move her school to the local girls school too which she is not happy with.

I'd love some feedback from anyone on the following if you have any further info:
    - Quality so far of the homes (any major issues found?)
    - What is the actual walking distance to the main street? (is it 10 or 20 mins)- I haven't actually walked it.
    - Anyone else have kids moving in?
    - Any news on the proposed park? or is there a playspace allocated in the estate?
    - Driving to M50- is it best to go back out to Leixlip and join the N4 or go through Maynooth main street and down Straffan road to join the N4?

Sorry for all the questions :) I have to do as much research as possible before we commit.
    Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dfd84

kateb1 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm looking at purchasing in phase 2 of Carton Wood. My main concern is that my kids will have some other kids to play with in the estate, I have a 7.5 yr old girl and 2 yr old boy. I'll have to move her school to the local girls school too which she is not happy with.

I'd love some feedback from anyone on the following if you have any further info:
    - Quality so far of the homes (any major issues found?)
    - What is the actual walking distance to the main street? (is it 10 or 20 mins)- I haven't actually walked it.
    - Anyone else have kids moving in?
    - Any news on the proposed park? or is there a playspace allocated in the estate?
    - Driving to M50- is it best to go back out to Leixlip and join the N4 or go through Maynooth main street and down Straffan road to join the N4?

Sorry for all the questions :) I have to do as much research as possible before we commit.
    Thanks in advance!

I would say its around 10-12 mins to main street. No plans for playground or park in area that im aware of? However there is soccer pitch between carton grove/wood and carton avenue.
    From experience its faster to drive towards leixlip and get on M4 at celbridge interchange.

• Advertisement

Thanks dfd84, I see from the latest site layout I received from the estate agents there is a proposed park and playground. The playground is sited in the green area in front of the proposed creche. I hope it's built and not just a thought by the builders :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 med1989

Thanks dfd84, I see from the latest site layout I received from the estate agents there is a proposed park and playground. The playground is sited in the green area in front of the proposed creche. I hope it's built and not just a thought by the builders :)

Have you been given a date for the launch of the second phase yet?

Phase 2 is due to launch Autumn (End of Sept I was told ). I want to view a house but they're not open for viewing until the week leading up to the release of phase 2.

Just saw this on savills:
    * Savills is delighted to announce the Launch of Carton Wood on the 7th & 8th of October 2017 from 11am to 1pm*

Currently available from phase 1 = 1 x 4 bed detached (Type H) @ €460,000 & 1 x 5 bed detached (Type D) @€;525,000

Mix of 3 & 4 bed semi-detached and 3 bed Tce in phase 2 – Type A, B, C & E

No pricing to give out yet. Last phase 3 bed semis were c. €355k, 4 bed semis from €410,000, 3 bed Tce from c. €300,000

Built by Anthony Neville Home.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭westsider

Phase 2 is due to launch Autumn (End of Sept I was told ). I want to view a house but they're not open for viewing until the week leading up to the release of phase 2.

* Savills is delighted to announce the Launch of Carton Wood on the 7th & 8th of October 2017 from 11am to 1pm*

Currently available from phase 1 = 1 x 4 bed detached (Type H) @ €460,000 & 1 x 5 bed detached (Type D) @€;525,000

No pricing to give out yet. Last phase 3 bed semis were c. €355k, 4 bed semis from €410,000, 3 bed Tce from c. €300,000

Hi we've bought in end of Feb phase hope to get in by end of year if lucky! Have a 7 year old daughter and 5 year old son so plenty of play mates around hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Walk to girls primary school is very short. Boys would be longer obviously. Secondary schools will be a trip but ring roads should be in by time your kids start.

99% of time go to Intel for motorway, unless you are leaving at 7am or earlier. Always for the way home. 1 set of traffic lights and no traffic.

That soccer pitch is due to be converted to some sort of community church.

Thanks ixus and westsider. I see from the plans (ref 098) that there is supposed to be a playground and park. I'm looking forward to the move. I work on the Naas road so it shouldn't be too bad via N4. I'm in the process of selling at the moment so looking forward to setting up new roots.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

I saw this on Savillls website yesterday but seems it has been taken down today! We bought in February and have been told Q1 2018 for completion for our house as it's one of the last in phase 1 being built, we really want to revisit the showhouse so hopefully the open viewings will take place that weekend!

Homeslice, what was the original move in date you were to told?

We were originally told October/November, then November/December, December/January and now Q1! Have to note though that construction hasn't started on our house yet (unfortunately) so that's probably cause for some of the delays. We had been told that construction would start July but was recently told that it'll be sometime in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 NM123

We were originally told October/November, then November/December, December/January and now Q1! Have to note though that construction hasn't started on our house yet (unfortunately) so that's probably cause for some of the delays. We had been told that construction would start July but was recently told that it'll be sometime in September.

Hi, When were you told "Q1"? We also bought in Feb and the last we were told (about 2 wks ago) was Dec/Jan. Our house has just gone up.

Has anyone from the first group received news of a snag?

• Advertisement

We were told Q1 last week

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Woods Girl

What exactly is a community church? It will be a shame no longer having the football pitch.

Pity about the football pitch being converted, it would have been great.

Ixus - how do you know the pitch is being converted into a community church?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lexi77

Looks like things are finally starting to move. Have been told notice of closing will be issued in 2 weeks time... should be in by 2nd week of Oct. Was originally told April. So happy now I could cry....tears of happinessðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 40 NM123

Lexi77 wrote: »
    Looks like things are finally starting to move. Have been told notice of closing will be issued in 2 weeks time... should be in by 2nd week of Oct. Was originally told April. So happy now I could cry....tears of happinessðŸ˜

Thats great news, fingers crossed no further delays! Keep us posted how it goes. Did you complete your snag and any issues are now resolved?

NM123 wrote: »
    Thats great news, fingers crossed no further delays! Keep us posted how it goes. Did you complete your snag and any issues are now resolved?

Can't do snag until I receive notice of closing and I think I have 2 weeks to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Brd123

Hi,
    Did they give you a date for your snag? I rang them last week and they just said mid sept
    Thanks

Brd123 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Did they give you a date for your snag? I rang them last week and they just said mid sept
    Thanks

They said they plan on issuing notice of closure on the 25th and to make contact with my snagger to let them know it will be ready from the 25th. But I can't make an appointment for snag until I receive the notice of closure through email! On the 25th! Yeah I know... but I'm trying to look at it "glass half full"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Just ring your snagger & let him / her know it will be "around" the 25th. I'm sure they will accommodate you. That's what I do with my customers. There needs to be some degree of flexibility on both sides. A day or so either way won't be the end of the world

• Advertisement

NM123 wrote: »

Assuming they don't want anyone moving in the weekend of the open houses for the next phase, the second week of October makes sense

Advertisement