Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Wood - Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LeeC1990

FYI, I just received my notice of closing yesterday evening!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lexi77

LeeC1990 wrote: »
    That's brilliant news. Delighted for you. It's finally happening😀

I know delighted!!! Looks like things are finally starting to get moving!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 james214

The Community Church is supposed to be built where the current Football Pitches are on the Dublin Rd - And not where the Proposed Park is planned to be in the Carton Wood brochure. This area is just empty fields currently.

Hi all,

How are you getting on with the snags? Any major issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 member2017

Lexi77 wrote: »
    Brd123 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Did they give you a date for your snag? I rang them last week and they just said mid sept
    Thanks

They said they plan on issuing notice of closure on the 25th and to make contact with my snagger to let them know it will be ready from the 25th. But I can't make an appointment for snag until I receive the notice of closure through email! On the 25th! Yeah I know... but I'm trying to look at it "glass half full"
    Are you still all set for the 25th Sept notice of closure and snagging? 
    Hi all,

How are you getting on with the snags? Any major issues?
    We're still waiting for confirmation on notice of closure and snagging. That mid-Sept snagging date is looking less likely!

member2017 wrote: »

We're still waiting for confirmation on notice of closure and snagging. That mid-Sept snagging date is looking less likely!

Yes we got our notice of closure last week and we got in to do our second snag yesterday but there's still a lot on the list which they didn't do from the first snag which was done in June.

Yes we got our notice of closure last week and we got in to do our second snag yesterday but there's still a lot on the list which they didn't do from the first snag which was done in June.
    Are you scheduled to move in beginning of October, given they mention 2 weeks from snagging? Just trying to figure everything out considering what little communication we have had. Our house is finished so not sure what the delay is in getting the notice of completion.

Are you scheduled to move in beginning of October, given they mention 2 weeks from snagging? Just trying to figure everything out considering what little communication we have had. Our house is finished so not sure what the delay is in getting the notice of completion.

Yeah I get the impression from them they want us to move in asap but there are still a lot of items on our second snag list now that they never completed from the first snag and a few new ones too. Very frustrating seeing as we did the snag ages ago. Plenty of time to fix any snagging items.

You might receive notice of closure soon as I had emailed them last week and they sent it to me later that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 med1989

Yeah I get the impression from them they want us to move in asap but there are still a lot of items on our second snag list now that they never completed from the first snag and a few new ones too. Very frustrating seeing as we did the snag ages ago. Plenty of time to fix any snagging items.

You might receive notice of closure soon as I had emailed them last week and they sent it to me later that evening.

Do you mind me asking, is your house in the bunch near where the showhouse was or in that central block closest to the road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

I know delighted!!! Looks like things are finally starting to get moving!!

Were they fussy as to when you could get out to do your snag seeing that you only did it yesterday?

med1989 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking, is your house in the bunch near where the showhouse was or in that central block closest to the road?

Yeah, we bought one of the terraced houses near the showhouse!

Quote:

Were they fussy as to when you could get out to do your snag seeing that you only did it yesterday?

No in fairness they weren't, I had to arrange for the surveyor to come back out so the earliest we could get in was Tuesday. Still a lot to be done from the first snag, so we'll have to go back again

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

That's a pain to go out a third but I'd say this time, when they are within grasping distance of your money they'll get it sorted! Good luck, and let us know here once your in!

I really hope so! Thank you, will keep you all posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seetheworld

I'm assuming we are new neighbours! We hope to have our paperwork through on Tuesday!

I'm assuming we are new neighbours! We hope to have our paperwork through on Tuesday!

Have you been given a move in date?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seetheworld

Have you been given a move in date?

As soon as they get our paperwork we can pick up the keys and move in. Should be end of week next week.

Are there any further developments or updates?

We haven't heard anything as of yet. I know our kitchens are fitted and carpets are down with the house cleaned so not sure what the delay is at this point.
    Hopefully others have a better update for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭you2008

told by agency pushed to Nov, for the F*** sick, moved on now .... the developer is hold the land from NAMA to push the price up and up for sure now at this stage:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Are you talking about the release of the second phase or your move in date from the first phase?

I'm still living in hope that I get notice of closure on Monday. As per builders email. Have my snagger bookedin for Tuesday... provisionly...please god I'll be in within the 2 weeks. I'm losing the will to live at this stage!!!!

I'm still living in hope that I get notice of closure on Monday. As per builders email. Have my snagger bookedin for Tuesday... provisionly...please god I'll be in within the 2 weeks. I'm losing the will to live at this stage!!!!

And... Monday for getting notice of closures has been pushed back again! Typical!

Is anyone, who's got their notice of closure already, any closer to getting their keys/moving in?

james214 wrote: »
    And... Monday for getting notice of closures has been pushed back again! Typical!

Is anyone, who's got their notice of closure already, any closer to getting their keys/moving in?

Did you get an email from AN this evening? We got nothing today but were told it would be today or Monday.

Any other info on when to expect an update for notice of completion?

Did you get an email from AN this evening? We got nothing today but were told it would be today or Monday.

Any other info on when to expect an update for notice of completion?

Yeah we got an email from AN earlier this evening. Delays with ESB - won't know more until next Wednesday supposedly.

I'm the same. Drove past the site this evening and locked up. So looks like no one has gotten keys yet. They gave the option to snag early without esb.. Think I might still go ahead with the if they let me. Let them get a start on fixing whatever before esb is connected..

james214 wrote: »
    Yeah we got an email from AN earlier this evening. Delays with ESB - won't know more until next Wednesday supposedly.

Cant understand why we didnt even get in an email in this case, are you by the show houses or the block in front of the road?
    The lack of information is very frustrating...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Brd123

Communication from AN is awful. Site looked better this time last year then it does today. They just don't seem to be in any rush. Today (sat) we saw 1 person on site yet in carton grove there was a lot of activity. Very frustrating

• Advertisement

Brd123 wrote: »
    Communication from AN is awful. Site looked better this time last year then it does today. They just don't seem to be in any rush. Today (sat) we saw 1 person on site yet in carton grove there was a lot of activity. Very frustrating

And in Hayfield! We were only saying its strange no one is working today given they are so behind in their timelines. Not suggesting people make a habit of working 6 day weeks mind :) Just when needs must...

I know we will all get the keys at some point, but some info would be helpful!

Advertisement