Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Wood - Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Brd123

member2017 wrote: »
    And in Hayfield! We were only saying its strange no one is working today given they are so behind in their timelines. Not suggesting people make a habit of working 6 day weeks mind :) Just when needs must...

I know we will all get the keys at some point, but some info would be helpful!

Exactly when needs must. AN said first people would be in by April so 5 months behind already you would think they would throw a bit of money at it and get a few heads working on Saturday. A lot of builders would be happy to do a few hours on a sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lexi77

LeeC1990 wrote: »
    FYI, I just received my notice of closing yesterday evening!!
    By my maths you should have closed already!. 2 weeks notice? Any update yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Lexi77 wrote: »

Received notice of closure Wednesday two weeks ago, our solicitor said Friday that ANs solicitor is still awaiting documents on their side, looking like week after next before we close, even though the notice of closure gave a strict 14 day window to close from issue on September 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LeeC1990

Nope, we've to go out for a third time now to check snags have been done. We were told our snags had been attended to on Thursday (but we'd been told that before and there was still a lot on snag). The foreman wasn't available Thursday and Friday so we rang another number we were given to ask him questions about some of the issues to make sure they were done before we took time off work for a third time! The man who we rang didn't know any of the specific issues of our house and was only there to let us in. So we told them we wouldn't be calling back until we'd spoken to the foreman first to confirm the issues have been amended. So frustrating.

Have you been given any date as to when you might get your notice of closure?

I was told 2 weeks ago it would be Monday and then Friday got an email about the esb. I thought they'd be fairly strict with the 2 weeks to close. That they'd be anxious to get the money rolling in. It's so frustrating. I'm living with folks since May and it's not doing any of us any good. And I know other couples are the same. It's taking the good out of it..

• Advertisement

I was told 2 weeks ago it would be Monday and then Friday got an email about the esb. I thought they'd be fairly strict with the 2 weeks to close. That they'd be anxious to get the money rolling in. It's so frustrating. I'm living with folks since May and it's not doing any of us any good. And I know other couples are the same. It's taking the good out of it..

I know it's so frustrating.

What did they say about the esb? Because the electricity was connected when we were doing our snag?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 med1989

It's annoying for all of you. They were so rigid with deadlines when we had to get back about changes but they don't seem to value their own commitments to deadlines.

They said esb let them down and it will be Wednesday before they can connect. Think I'll still try and snag beforehand if they let me. My solicitor has everything in place ready to close whenever we get the go ahead. Hopefully soon.

We're going out tomorrow to carry out our re-inspection (hopefully final one!). Is there any update with any of the rest of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 member2017

We're going out tomorrow to carry out our re-inspection (hopefully final one!). Is there any update with any of the rest of you?
    Nothing from us anyway. Still awaiting the email that was promised for yesterday. Rang AN and they are saying we should have an update in the next day or so.
    Great news that you get to do your final (fingers crossed) inspection! There seems to be a lot of activity on site today with some cars from people I am assuming are carrying out their snags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Bulter503

I take it that nobody got an email from AN so at this stage? First time posting, have been monitoring this thread since june! purchased in Nov/Dec 2016. have all the same concerns as the rest of ye :) trying to balance moving out of rented property with moving in to carton is proving VERY difficult :(

Hi all.

We were out doing our final inspection! The first few sales are due to close tomorrow apparently. So things seem to be moving and there was an ESB van out on site this morning so fingers crossed it'll all get sorted asap for yous!

Hi all.

We were out doing our final inspection! The first few sales are due to close tomorrow apparently. So things seem to be moving and there was an ESB van out on site this morning so fingers crossed it'll all get sorted asap for yous!

Was all the work done/ snags fixed on your own place?

med1989 wrote: »
    Was all the work done/ snags fixed on your own place?

Yep, more or less! Hoping the sale will close by the end of the week!

Yep, more or less! Hoping the sale will close by the end of the week![/quote

Fingers crossed for you. I got to do my snag yesterday. Inside was complete but a lot of unfinished groundworks. Still didn't get notice of closure but AN did tell me the first 5 homes due to close this week or early next week. Good news about esb on site.. Might mean notice of closure before the end of the week. And when we're all settled in our new homes we'll sit back and say it was worth it!!

Yep, more or less! Hoping the sale will close by the end of the week![/quote

Fingers crossed for you. I got to do my snag yesterday. Inside was complete but a lot of unfinished groundworks. Still didn't get notice of closure but AN did tell me the first 5 homes due to close this week or early next week. Good news about esb on site.. Might mean notice of closure before the end of the week. And when we're all settled in our new homes we'll sit back and say it was worth it!!

And you too! I have a feeling it'll all start taking off now! I think once the first few houses are in, the rest come quickly after. Exactly, we won't remember the hassle!

Email came through from AN today, "programmed for completion late November 2017" :( Going to have to re-apply for Mortgage for 3rd time now. Great fun.
    Also, there is an email from AN staff with the subject 'Letter' that i received today. When i contacted them i was told to delete it as its a virus so ye may want to be carefull!

Bulter503 wrote: »
    Email came through from AN today, "programmed for completion late November 2017" :( Going to have to re-apply for Mortgage for 3rd time now. Great fun.
    Also, there is an email from AN staff with the subject 'Letter' that i received today. When i contacted them i was told to delete it as its a virus so ye may want to be carefull!

Which group of houses is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭westsider

Do you mind me asking where in the estate your house is located? I also got that email from AN staff have deleted it now thanks!

Which group of houses is that?

Its the group of houses facing out onto the R157, on the West side of the road, no 42-38. Just fuming now at this stage. I was out on site ~ 10 days ago. All walls plastered, getting ready to start the tiling etc. Foreman said Mid november to me then, so this is just another kick in the teeth.

• Advertisement

Its the group of houses facing out onto the R157, on the West side of the road, no 42-38. Just fuming now at this stage. I was out on site ~ 10 days ago. All walls plastered, getting ready to start the tiling etc. Foreman said Mid november to me then, so this is just another kick in the teeth.

We bought in the row of houses opposite yours and we were told late November. They probably can't open that 'avenue' until houses on both sides are complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Leflem

We bought in the row of houses opposite yours and we were told late November. They probably can't open that 'avenue' until houses on both sides are complete.

@med1989 We have purchased a house in the same row as yourself (52-65) and yesterday I received an email confirming the house would not be ready until February 2018. We had been on site a few weeks back and had been told by the foreman the house would most likely be ready for snag in December. So this latest news of a delay from AN homes is very disappointing.

Leflem wrote: »
    @med1989 We have purchased a house in the same row as yourself (52-65) and yesterday I received an email confirming the house would not be ready until February 2018. We had been on site a few weeks back and had been told by the foreman the house would most likely be ready for snag in December. So this latest news of a delay from AN homes is very disappointing.

What a pain in the hole. This is the first I've heard of delays - getting no communication from them is ridiculous.

What a pain in the hole. This is the first I've heard of delays - getting no communication from them is ridiculous.

Zero proactive communication from ANH. The only way to get any information is to ask 3 times. The email contained no details or explanation for the recent delays.

Zero proactive communication from ANH. The only way to get any information is to ask 3 times. The email contained no details or explanation for the recent delays.

Has your house started yet do you mind me asking?

Has your house started yet do you mind me asking?

Yes, the house had been started, roof was on and the last time I was out they had started the external brick work. I'd say at this stage that is either complete or very nearly finished.

Quick question to those of you who have snag completed. Is there an attic stairs/stira in the house? Just wondering as this was in the show houses and i dont recall seeing it in ours when i was walking about a few weeks ago.

I asked when purchasing. Think they said I'd have to supply the stira and they would fit it for a cost? Didn't bother with it in the end.
    On a positive note...... I was able to drive into the estate today. No 18 to 25 and where to showhouses are has access. Got the impression one or 2 were occupied

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has finally received their keys and moved in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has finally received their keys and moved in?

Finally got keys last week, hopefully it starts moving quicker for everyone now!

Advertisement