Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xt deore rear shifter

Options
  • 08-11-2016 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

This is all a bit new to me but am just installing a xt deore rear shifter and the indexing is only giving two clicks! first click puts rear derailleur into the middle of the cassette and next click takes it out to the largest cassette cog! It's a ten speed and brand new so I believe its ...er... nackered?or is there some different set up for xt deore levers?

Help please

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Not specific to Deore, but have you opened the shifter body and checked the cable end is snug and there is no frayed cable? Similarly check the inner cable moves easily through outers and isn't kinked or blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 boomwater

Yep there is no problem with cables and snug but even with the cable removed the shifter only operates two clicks. Surely it should have nine clicks?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

no offence, but are you sure it's the rear shifter you hooked the derailleur up to, and not the front shifter?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 boomwater

Har Har1 I know what you mean but no I have already installed the front shifter which works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

When you release the cable how many clicks can you get from the shifter? Is the rear derailleur free moving with the cable disconnected?

• Advertisement
Advertisement