Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illuminated Display Box

Options
  • 08-11-2016 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I'm in the process of designing a Display box/ cabinet. I thought on the lines of a hinged framed shadow box. This crowd website gave me a few ideas http://www.shadowboxes.com/. I'm going post up a few photos of the prototype and work from there...i'd appreciate some advice as i'm progressing. Anyways....using whats around the garage atm.
    1. some cheap display lights from Ikea and
    2. a bit of 25 mm MDF cut to form the box sides
    3. plywood for backing
    4. 2 x 18mm crank Hinges.
    This will be what i will be using for the 1st model( if i'm lucky ...it could end up the finished article!).
    I still have to find some stock around my messy den to make up th front frame. the 25mm mdf is too big and heavy for it...so somethin lighter is needed. I'll rout a recess for the glass inlay.

Advertisement