Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRI Grant - new build

Options
  • 08-11-2016 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,095 ✭✭✭✭

I understand from the FAQ on the revenue website that new builds are excluded, but reading further around it seems to be suggested that this only applies to works that are required to make the house habitable.

to that end, has anyone who has bought a new build successfully claimed under this after say installing wooden flooring after closing on the property, or having the property repainted after closing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rahzor

Hi - did you ever find out more information on this? I was under the same impression, that improvements like stira etc can be included?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 20,095 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

rahzor wrote: »
    Hi - did you ever find out more information on this? I was under the same impression, that improvements like stira etc can be included?

Thanks in advance

i believe they can be,

i have had a few things entered now i can claim them next year

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rahzor

So you haven't encountered any difficulty having not paid property tax yet? That's where I thought we might come up against a barrier because we're exempt for a year or two. Brilliant stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,095 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

rahzor wrote: »
    So you haven't encountered any difficulty having not paid property tax yet? That's where I thought we might come up against a barrier because we're exempt for a year or two. Brilliant stuff!

nope!

Advertisement