Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant search contacts iphone 6

Options
  • 08-11-2016 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭

Iphone 6

Open phone app. Contacts. Can see them all but search for a name and I get no results found. Even 1-2 letters, nothing. Its like its not seeing the contacts list.

Latest iOS 10.1.

Things Ive tried to fix.
    1. Hard reset.
    2. Open phone app > Contacts > Groups > Make sure all Contacts are displayed.
    I have All iCloud, facebook and gmail.
    3. Settings > iCloud > Contacts Off/On. This forces a merge of contacts from icloud to phone so I know the contacts are there.

None of above work.

What does work
    Settings > Spotlight search > Make sure Contacts is on.
    From phone home screen swipe right, enter a contact name and I can find the contacts, but this is spotlight search, not search from phone app.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Iphone 6

Open phone app. Contacts. Can see them all but search for a name and I get no results found. Even 1-2 letters, nothing. Its like its not seeing the contacts list.

Latest iOS 10.1.

Things Ive tried to fix.
    1. Hard reset.
    2. Open phone app > Contacts > Groups > Make sure all Contacts are displayed.
    I have All iCloud, facebook and gmail.
    3. Settings > iCloud > Contacts Off/On. This forces a merge of contacts from icloud to phone so I know the contacts are there.

None of above work.

What does work
    Settings > Spotlight search > Make sure Contacts is on.
    From phone home screen swipe right, enter a contact name and I can find the contacts, but this is spotlight search, not search from phone app.

Mine works ok, iPhone 6, 10.1.1.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Old bug. Something in your group settings iOS doesn't like. Gods knows what. Try disabling Gmail and Facebook contact syncing and see if you can get just get iCloud working.

I fixed this for a friend on iOS 9 last year by fiddling around with different things. I'm not sure if it came back. He had other issues which made me think his backup was corrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭clint_silver

I thought Id done a hard reset but must not have, this worked for me.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
    Press and hold on the Home button
    Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Contacts Search worked fine after.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I thought Id done a hard reset but must not have, this worked for me.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
    Press and hold on the Home button
    Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Contacts Search worked fine after.
    Yeah, as SP says above, it's an old PITA bug. Spotlight was the same from time to time. Hard reset normally does it though.

Advertisement