Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance cover

Options
  • 08-11-2016 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭

I use my car for private use, drive into work and drive home. I work on a building site and my boss has started to ask me to go to other sites during the day. Will my car insurance cover me if I have an accident while driving to another site during work hours?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

gifted wrote: »
    I use my car for private use, drive into work and drive home. I work on a building site and my boss has started to ask me to go to other sites during the day. Will my car insurance cover me if I have an accident while driving to another site during work hours?

You need class 1 insurance for that i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

You may need to inform your insurance company. My employer required me to get business cover for this exact circumstance, however because it was less than 5000km a year for the business purpose, they didn't charge me anything to add the business cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭gifted

Thanks,

Ive got comprehensive insurance so I better check with insurance company to see am I covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Comp cover and class of use are different things....class 1 minimum.

If your taxiing workers from site-to-site then expect higher cover cost if your underwriting team are flexible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Also, be careful to check whose liability is covered i.e. does the business use indemnify the employer ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement