Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part accommodation in Portlaoise

Options
  • 08-11-2016 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

First post so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice about part time accommodation in Portlaoise?

I have been working there for a year and live in Kilminchy. My rent is €300 a month.
    However I only work a 4 day week and most weeks I am there for 2 or 3 days max so I'm paying a lot of money for something I rarely use. As well as that I will be working in a different office in Louth from the last week of this month (November) and will not be returning to the Portlaoise office until January 9th. Ideally I would like to move out of the house I am currently in and move into a cheaper place (at the most €200pm) in January. But I'd like to have something a bit concrete before I move out.

Is there anywhere that offers part time accommodation? I'm 30 years old and female. I work 4 days a week with either a Thursday or a Friday off. I'm from Louth so I travel down on Sunday evenings and usually head home on Wednesday evenings after work.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

It's a tough one, €300 is not really that expensive for 2 or 3 days a week. €69 per week. Hard to see where you would find temporary accommodation for that price. You might find someone willing to rent you a room for around the €200pm a mark on the basis that you're rarely there but it's a risk you take if you like the place you're in?

Advertisement