Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish travel/hotel size toiletries

Options
  • 08-11-2016 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My google-fu is failing me, is there any decent Irish soaps, shower gels, etc. that come in small sizes? We have a B&B and the toiletries we use currently are ok but nothing special, ideally I would like to get good quality Irish made products but I just can't find any. The closest I can get is Orla Kiely but they are UK based, I was hoping to get something from here.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Not much help but maybe you could contact some of the Irish companies you like and see do they do travel/sample sizes? They may be willing to sell to you?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

• Registered Users Posts: 6 belgrade

Not much help but maybe you could contact some of the Irish companies you like and see do they do travel/sample sizes? They may be willing to sell to you?
    That's plan B alright, it's a shame it's as hard to find some, we are just one B&B and have over a thousand guests a year, aside from us buying some, if it's a good product there is a good chance some of our guests may start buying it for themselves afterwards. Hotels and B&Bs could offer easy exposure for cosmetic brands, particularly new ones.
    Not cheap but they should do a bulk price.

thehandmadesoapcompany.ie/sho....Qw2j3fgi.dpbs
    This looks good, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I see Voya all the time in hotels. In B and Bs it's usually a generic brand in my experience...I assume because its less expensive and doesn't cut into profits. I would contact local toiletry companies and see if they have any. if you can't think of any companies I would get on to the local enterprise board and see if they have any on their books.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Most hotels seem to use Voya or the Handmade Soap company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 belgrade

Voya...that was the one, I just couldn't think of it's name, I kept thinking it was aveeno for some reason.

Thanks folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I was going to mention Voya too. I've loved the wee bits I've gotten in hotels from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Stayed in Doonbeg golf club a few years ago (pre Trump) and they were using some local Burren company/products which were very nice. Can't remember the exact name, had Burren in the title, will look it up tomorrow and update.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Another +1 for Yova. I've been to their place in Sligo and used their products over the years, they are very good. Whereabouts in the country are you - there might be local producers near you. Also do you have a lot of foreign guests - if you do, use this as a bargaining tool when sorting pricing and if they can provide you with some promotional material.
    I have to say quality products in a hotel/B&B make a difference to me - I hate the smell of a lot of hotel toiletries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Voya are really nice, they were the first brand to spring to mind :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement