Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you been 'sexually assaulted/harassed by a woman?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Jaysus this thread would turn you off drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Many times, when I was about 15 there was a friend of my mother (38 and disgusting) that tried many times to have sex with me. Also opened the toilet when I was at the shower, and one day she brought me some adult magazines but wanted to se me masturbating. She died later of breast cancer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

leggo wrote: »
    Initially, when I read the title, I thought no, but then reading the thread a LOT came back to me:

I've got a lot of groping from drunk women working at gigs and in hotels. As most have said, it's just uncomfortable. You think you'd be like "wahey!" but seeing some mouldy thing with her eye-liner running, in a state, at her lowest point of desperation forcing herself on you doesn't do it for me.

I've been kissed a couple times while sleeping at parties and woken up during.

Came here to type almost exactly this.

One drunken stroll home, I was balancing on a bollard and went to jump onto the next one and of course missed, landing on my back on the pavement. At that point a friend of a friend who'd been out with us that night saw her chance and jumped on top of me. She pinned my hands down and tried to kiss me as I turned my head one way then the other to dodge her. I had no idea what to do, not wanting to hit a girl. In the end, I had to roll over and get on top of her to get away, worried all the time that some passersby would give me a kicking if it looked like in was attacking her.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

This conversation came up with myself and a few other friends a few months ago. The women were quite surprised to find out that 2 of the 3 men had had their asses pinched in nightclubs by women (I was one of them).

What I thought was interesting is that I suggested that it was more a case of "crazy girls night out banter" than out of any sexual motive and the reaction of the women in the group seemed to be "oh, that's alright then".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

superg wrote: »
    Yeah we can paint it as double standards but its not really. It's totally different. A woman grabbing me is not a threat to me but if I grabbed her she could certainly be fearful for her safety. Nobody should be grabbing anybody unless invited to of course but you'll get drunk people being muppets, difference being we can laugh it off but women can feel very threatened by it. I've had my arse pinched and comments made, was always quietly chuffed about the ego boost :D

A woman grabbing you IS a threat in terms of sexual assault ! Yes she mightened be physically capable of knocking you out or restraining you but by grabbing your parts or exposing you etc a sexual assault can be easily commited.

If a woman OR MAN is molested or exposed in this way the threat and damage comes from the molestation or exposure NOT the fact that one party is stronger than the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Standing at the bar last weekend this girl comes up behind me,reaches between my legs from behind and has a full on grope of everything.

Very uncomfortable.I tell her to basically **** off and I'm told that it was just a "bit of a laugh"
    I says what if I did that to you and she goes ...I'd have you in court!!!

2 hours later a bloke starts grabbing my wife's boobs on the dancefloor and she has a meltdown at me because I pushed him away only after her telling him to get lost 4 times and him not stopping.

Needless to say we had a blazing row over it.not about the groping but about me pushing this bloke away.
    I was probably wrong to react but I'm not going to see my wife upset especially when this idiot wouldn't stop or even get the message.

So a question maybe a bit off topic.how do others here react to seeing their wife/partner felt up in front of them???

Do you even react?
    Or put it down to "a bit of a laugh"

Maybe I'm completely wrong here or ott but i think you kept your cool remarkably well. If i witnessed my wife being felt up like that I'm fairly sure my fists would have come out (and by no stretch of the imagination am i a violent person). It may put me on the road to being done for assault but i couldn't honestly stand for that. Funny thing about it is this: I'm pretty sure the missus would be pissed of with me for causing a scene. Have to admit I'm kinda old school (think clint eastwood in gran torino) and i believe in chivalry and good manners. Going onto a dancefloor with the explicit purpose of touching up another man's wife...???.....that crosses a line imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

2 hours later a bloke starts grabbing my wife's boobs on the dancefloor and she has a meltdown at me because I pushed him away only after her telling him to get lost 4 times and him not stopping.

Needless to say we had a blazing row over it.not about the groping but about me pushing this bloke away.
    I was probably wrong to react but I'm not going to see my wife upset especially when this idiot wouldn't stop or even get the message.

So a question maybe a bit off topic.how do others here react to seeing their wife/partner felt up in front of them???

Do you even react?

I have to say I'd be very pissed off at my missus if she reacted like that, I'm by no means either jealous or violent but I just wouldn't stand for that, no way, no how. I'd definitely have punched him.
    Fair enough some bloke trying to chat up my missus or whatever while I'm there, it's being an asshole and what have you but it's ultimately harmless, and sure if she wants to take him up on the offer that's her decision, she's not my prisoner after all.
    But there's a world of difference in some twat who thinks he can charm her away from me and some dirt bird groping her - I am not having that! There's nothing funny about it so why would I write it off as a bit of a laugh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

I've had girl sit open legged on my lap when I was sitting down in a nightclub with some of the lads.
    I didn't mind because I just picked her up and sat her down beside me but still
    she just thought it was fair game or something, the lads found it quite funny but I still imagine if that was a lad cornering a girl, I imagine there wouldn't be as much laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Standing at the bar last weekend this girl comes up behind me,reaches between my legs from behind and has a full on grope of everything.

Very uncomfortable.I tell her to basically **** off and I'm told that it was just a "bit of a laugh"
    I says what if I did that to you and she goes ...I'd have you in court!!!

Do you even react?

Sorry man, but what the hell is wrong with your wife? If the roles were reversed, i.e. if she had confronted the groper, would you have a blazing row with her?

That kind of reaction would say to me she was secretly enjoying the groping.

• Advertisement
Advertisement