Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.mybills.ie/

Options
  • 08-11-2016 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

does anyone use it? is it any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Yes I find it brilliant and easy to check past payments and it's FREE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

what payments do people generally use it for? i know they have a list but im just wondering if its helpful?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Bob Z wrote: »
    what payments do people generally use it for? i know they have a list but im just wondering if its helpful?

Tesco credit card mostly, esb from time to time and Irish Water in the past (not any more :) ).

It is handy if you have few bills to pay as you can do it all on one page and without typing your card number and details over and over on few websites. Never had an issue with any payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I pay my phone bill and Littlewoods with it. It is such a handy service.

I pay my phone bill and Littlewoods with it. It is such a handy service.

going off topic but how does little woods work can you pay up for gifts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

wonski wrote: »

Tesco credit card mostly, esb from time to time and Irish Water in the past (not any more :) ).

It is handy if you have few bills to pay as you can do it all on one page and without typing your card number and details over and over on few websites. Never had an issue with any payments.
    Could you just have any of these set up on on-line banking and pay directly from your account?
    Sorry, I'm not seeing the advantage of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

dobsdave wrote: »
    Could you just have any of these set up on on-line banking and pay directly from your account?
    Sorry, I'm not seeing the advantage of it.

I only started using it to pay off Tesco credit card tbh.

Added two or more payees to this account as it was more convenient - using account number only rather than full account number was a convenience after sortcode/account numbers were discontinued (SEPA payments etc).

The main advantage is that you can pay all of your creditors at the same page rather than sending separate payments to them separately using online banking;)

I have four accounts registered and can pay them off all at the same time using my debit card:

401271.png

Main and only advantage really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

is that good?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

is that good?

With certain firms with unreliable billing practices, yes - very much so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Are you aware that direct debit payments are highly regulated in this country? I would trust a direct debit going from my bank to my utility than some intermediary who is passing on the payment. I would trust a major bank or utility with my payment details than some third party company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Eh?! So you are saying multi-billion euro banks don't know basic DD rules? I find that very hard to believe. A company that has DD is vetted by the bank and signs a contract with the bank. If there is a dispute, the money is easily wired back to you. There as checks and balances in process along the way such as clearing houses, laws etc.

But hey if you trust an entirely unregulated third party to pay your bills over highly regulated banks that is your choice

newacc2015 wrote: »
    Eh?! So you are saying multi-billion euro banks don't know basic DD rules? I find that very hard to believe. A company that has DD is vetted by the bank and signs a contract with the bank. If there is a dispute, the money is easily wired back to you. There as checks and balances in process along the way such as clearing houses, laws etc.

But hey if you trust an entirely unregulated third party to pay your bills over highly regulated banks that is your choice

Said banks have often shown a lack of knowledge of basic regulations here - PPI, card protection, etc. We have threads here of banks showing no knowledge at all of SEPA rules

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

newacc2015 wrote: »

A good example is virgin media. They can bill you even when you've told them you're cancelling. If your billing cycle falls within your notice period (which it mostly will, being 30 days notice), you could be billed for a months service in advance the day before your service ends.
    Virgin media will show the credit on your account but will not refund you unless you specifically ask them afterwards. If you leave it there a few years, they write it off.
    There is the facility with DD to recal a direct debit, Virgin will facilitate this, as they have to - but will charge you a €50 admin fee for doing so.

So yeah, there are set rules but it's not always that simple.

My bills is run by an post isn't it?

Its basically a post-office-less version of the counter Billpay that many people have used for decades. There are very good reasons for such a service to remain and it makes sense for them to allow it online also.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I would have thought the main attraction of post office over the counter payments is people who get benefits paid in cash in the post office that would never hit a bank account.

Makes sense that they'd branch out but possibly it would never replace the over the counter element for a lot of people.

Advertisement