Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black Friday tyres

• 08-11-2016 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at getting some rubber from either camskill or openo.

Do they have black Friday sales, or 11/11 sales.

Or should I just buy them now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just buy them now, there's no way of knowing what if any they will have on Black Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Camskill are working out cheaper with the weak sterling so if your not in a panic I'd hold tough, they have no sales really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't think I have ever seen Camskill have a flash sale or the likes. I have found tyreleader.ie prices to be very good too but haven't ordered from them yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I haven't looked at Camskill but anyone know how their prices compare again Eiretyres?

The Camskill website will give you the Euro equivalent including shipping to ROI when you go to check out your basket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Just buy them now, there's no way of knowing what if any they will have on Black Friday.

Black Friday is little over 2 weeks away.

I'll hang on, and see what happens price wise.

I know what I want, well I've short listed 3 different models, so I'll see which if any are discounted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Oponeo has always had better deals for me than Eiretyres.
    Plus Eiretyres have some stupid security requirements to buy from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I didn't even know Black Friday was a thing over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭VeVeX

bazz26 wrote: »
    The Camskill website will give you the Euro equivalent including shipping to ROI when you go to check out your basket.

The conversion rate on camskill is not what you'll get from your bank. Their rate vs your banks rate can make a big difference depending on your order.

example -
    225/40R18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 - £424.76 or €471.48 using their conversion. Even XE says €476.08. In actual fact you'll pay closer to €489 with your bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I thought this was going to be a thread on a brand of tyres called black Friday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Trump is forcing everyone to adapt Mercian values and traditions :eek:

On topic, I don''t know if they have bargains, you can wait and see if there is no rush. Or just go ahead and buy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I thought this was going to be a thread on a brand of tyres called black Friday :(

Guy in the tyre shop tells me that all the ... :eek: wait a minute, reverse, reverse!

Truckermal wrote: »
    Camskill are working out cheaper with the weak sterling so if your not in a panic I'd hold tough, they have no sales really.

Took the plunge and bought today

275/40RF18 99Y (*/MOE) EXT TL Pirelli Cinturato P7 Runflat

245/45RF18 100Y XL (*/MOE) EXT TL Pirelli Cinturato P7 Runflat

Not in any immediate need for them, but the exchange rate is good, and so are my finances at the moment, and i have plenty of room for storage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Ahh feic..

Eiretyres.com will be doing a Black Friday sale.

No good me.. But maybe someone else well benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Where did you see that EireTyres sale? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Just bought 4 tires from Sandyford Tyres, worked out cheaper than online and fitting, and zero hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Just bought 4 tires from Sandyford Tyres, worked out cheaper than online and fitting, and zero hassle.

Make model size of tyres?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

I have always found Hankook tyres cheaper in a bricks and mortar shop compared to online.

mikeecho wrote: »
    Make model size of tyres?

Fulda Sport Control 215 50 R16W.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I've always found Camskill to be the cheapest. Eiretyres always seem to be that bit dearer.

• Advertisement

The online savings did not stack up for me when you I everything into account. Maybe other sizes/brands throw up bigger online savings. I'd also be looking to support decent independent local tyre fitters like the one I mentioned. Who incidentally will also fit tyres purchased online.

It depends on the tyre brand and tyre size whether it is cheaper to buy locally or online. Most of the main stream brands and sizes can be bought locally for similar money as online when you take all costs into account. For anything high end or a not so common size then it is nearly always cheaper to source them online.

Promo code for eiretyres

"RDIEBLACK16"

5% off

Might be handy for anyone looking for winter tyres.

Advertisement