If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on 3d Tv's

Options
  • 08-11-2016 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Hey There,

Im doing some homework on upgrading one of the TV's at home, Ive been looking around on your site and all the active tv's list no included glass's included with the tv's other than with the passive tv's

I was wondering if you have any bundles that come with the tv + glass's.

Ive been thinking 4K, HDR, 3d and 55" Preferably Sony (very impressed with older sony tv's that we have) if you have any recommendations. Main uses are for film's and gaming

Many Thanks
    Evan

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hey There,

Im doing some homework on upgrading one of the TV's at home, Ive been looking around on your site and all the active tv's list no included glass's included with the tv's other than with the passive tv's

I was wondering if you have any bundles that come with the tv + glass's.

Ive been thinking 4K, HDR, 3d and 55" Preferably Sony (very impressed with older sony tv's that we have) if you have any recommendations. Main uses are for film's and gaming

Many Thanks
    Evan
    HI Creativedrinker, many thanks for the post
    With regards rto the glasses, we don't have any bundles as such including glasses, and as you say there aren't many manufacturers including the glasses with the TV. 
    We don't have any of the glasses for this listed in stock, but they are available from sony and online - https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/televisions-3d-glasses/tdg-bt500a

For a 55" Sony, if it's mainly for films and gaming, you would want something with a good high refresh rate, so I'd look at the KD55XD9305 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201883-bravia-kd55xd9305.aspx at €2079/£1599 - a stunning 55" Smart 4k 3dTV with 6 year warranty and delivery included
    We have this one available from our UK warehouse on a 3-5 day delivery

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Thanks for the reply Brian! 

I'm going to continue on doing my homework as thats a bit out of budget but I'm going to hold out to Black friday/Jan.

Also I was wondering if you could let me know if you have the Sony Turntable PSLX300 and the Sony STRDN1060 A/V Receiver in stock, And is there any chance of a boardsie deal if you do :rolleyes:

Many thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Creative,

I cant say for sure yet, but we will launch our Black Friday deals on Boards before anywhere else in Ireland so keep your eye out.

Sony PSLX300 and Sony STRDN860 are both available from stock at the moment but if you are looking at the 1060 you really should look at the Denon AVRX2300 - its may not be a HUGE amount more expensive ;) ;) and its massively better than the 1060 ( which is no mean amp to be fair!)

Keep me posted and thanks again for the Post,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hey John,

Thanks for the recomandation! I picked the Denon up today along with a shiny new tv  :D:D. A massive thanks to George for helping me out today!!

Now to hope it doesn't annoy the neighbours :p

Thanks
    Evan

Hey John,

Thanks for the recomandation! I picked the Denon up today along with a shiny new tv  :D:D. A massive thanks to George for helping me out today!!

Now to hope it doesn't annoy the neighbours :p

Thanks
    Evan
    Thanks Evan,

Thanks for the Biz - its a beautiful piece of kit and you bagged it at a great price - Can't believe George was in such good mood yesterday as his beloved Dem room was closed yesterday ( stuffed with stock)!

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hey John, 

Ive a quick question on sound. With the Denon system I'm using some of the speakers from my old system for centre and rear.

I've been noticing that the centre speaker is terrible with audio as I've 2 100w book shelf speakers R&L now.

My query is about the Cambridge Audio Minx Min 12/21, would you recommend one of these as a good centre speaker? Im a bit tight for space on my unit and as much as I want a nice big centre I can't really fit one that easily..... I was thinking on running 2 min 12's in series or one min 21? What would you recommend?

Also does the Min 21 come in black? the site only has white

Thanks
    Evan

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey John, 

Ive a quick question on sound. With the Denon system I'm using some of the speakers from my old system for centre and rear.

I've been noticing that the centre speaker is terrible with audio as I've 2 100w book shelf speakers R&L now.

My query is about the Cambridge Audio Minx Min 12/21, would you recommend one of these as a good centre speaker? Im a bit tight for space on my unit and as much as I want a nice big centre I can't really fit one that easily..... I was thinking on running 2 min 12's in series or one min 21? What would you recommend?

Also does the Min 21 come in black? the site only has white

Thanks
    Evan
    Hi Evan.

The MIN 21 is now discontinued and has been replaced by the MIN22.
    This would work well enough as a centre as it is designed to do so in the MIN22 5.1 system.

As for connecting two of these together in series I would have no idea how this would sound as it is not something I have ever seen someone do.
    I imagine it would not have the desired effect you are after.

MIN22 currently priced at £119.00 each
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201035-minx-min22.aspx

You could perhaps look at the Monitor Audio Radius 200 priced at £159.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12548-black-gloss-315769.aspx

Would sound much better than two MIN22 connected together.

Let me know what you think, any questions please drop me a post.

Hey Guys,

Im interested in a Pair of Kef Q300's and a Kef Q200 Centre, Im just wondering do you have them in Walnut colour too or only black?

Im also looking at picking up another LP5 turntable too.

Any chance on a nice deal for all 3 :)

And do you have these in stock?

Thanks
    Evan

Sorry for the bump, just I'm thinking on popping up in the morning it these are in stock

Creative - apologies you had to bump us - I'm a little snowed under!

We only do the Q200C / Q300 in the black finish at the moment and we hold stock centrally so we dont have it available for collection - we can order them in for you but we can deliver that bundle to you no problem:

Kef Q200C Black
    Kef Q300 Black
    Audio Technica ATLP5

This system is already discounted and currently is discounted to just £778 - I can do it for you at £699 / €869 including delivery - the best price I can see the same system online in the ROI is €1355 :eek:.

If you would like to order just drop me a PM / Mail and I'll get it sorted for you,

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Thank you very much!! Im excited to get my hands on the speakers :D Christmas round two!

Many thanks!
    Evan

Hi John,

Thank you very much!! Im excited to get my hands on the speakers :D Christmas round two!

Many thanks!
    Evan
    Evan,

thanks for popping in today - hope the guys looked after you!

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can ever assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.