Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake 18650 batteries?

• 08-11-2016 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

hi guys,

Just got 4 new LG HG2 batteries delivered today from ezsmoke.ie
    and i put them beside my older LG HG2 batteries i got from greyhaze.co.uk awhile ago and the text on the wrappers is quite a bit different.

Top battery in the picture is the new one.
    y8PRY0.jpg

Maybe they just changed the writing since i bought my last batch, but with all the fakes of this
    battery going around should i worry about it?
    What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Is there any other difference other than the text?

Seems like a small difference. They make them by the millions so I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

eeguy wrote: »
    Is there any other difference other than the text?

Seems like a small difference. They make them by the millions so I wouldn't worry about it.

Other then that....no not really,
    I just wanted to be sure because a fake could be dangerous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

The text could vary across different batches.

But considering the HG2s were heavily faked in the last year you should maybe do a bit more research.

Battery mooch released an image comparing fake to real so might be worth googling that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭judas1369

I posted this link in a similar thread on here about 6 months ago:-
    https://batterybro.com/blogs/18650-wholesale-battery-reviews/104619270-can-you-identify-the-fake-lg-hg2-18650-battery
    It should be of some help.

Advertisement