Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy ways to buy Bitcoin

Options
  • 08-11-2016 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi first post (of many) on boards :)

Just wondering does anyone know where to buy Bitcoin online? I could also use PayPal but I hear somewhere that it's against PayPal terms of use?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I know a Nigerian Prince that could probably help you out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Did you even try a search?

https://www.bitcove.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Allinall

A lot of people will try and hoodwink you with talk of Nigerian princes and other rubbish.

PM me you bank details and I'll organize it for you.

You need to be very careful who you trust these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cosycosy

Hi,
    Can I jump in here and beg somebody to help me to understand Bitcoin. I recently bought and sent $250 worth of bitcoin to a you tuber in the US that my son was talking with - i was to buy some xbox stuff. Anyway, the guy claims to only have received half (i sent it in 2 transactions). I have asked him to refund me what he did receive and he said he would when it transfers back to his account which will take a month!?! What the hell...is this normal? I know nothing about bitcoin and regret getting this involved but I am $250 out of pocket and this little runt is now threatening to block me if I don't stop messaging him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

cosycosy wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can I jump in here and beg somebody to help me to understand Bitcoin. I recently bought and sent $250 worth of bitcoin to a you tuber in the US that my son was talking with - i was to buy some xbox stuff. Anyway, the guy claims to only have received half (i sent it in 2 transactions). I have asked him to refund me what he did receive and he said he would when it transfers back to his account which will take a month!?! What the hell...is this normal? I know nothing about bitcoin and regret getting this involved but I am $250 out of pocket and this little runt is now threatening to block me if I don't stop messaging him!

That reminds me, this is on tonight.

http://entertainment.ie/tv-highlight/Hacked/387384.htm

Might be worth a watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

Hi,

why the hell would give hard earned money to some random lil' **** on youtube in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Hi,

The beauty of bitcoin is that you can prove he received the transaction from the blockchain record. Look up how to do this.

Also, it usually only takes 10 mins or so to verify a bitcoin transaction.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Use a bitcoin vending machine.

Post a copy of the receipt here so we can *cough* check it's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Blockchain app is useful for IOS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

https://www.circle.com or https://www.coinbase.com are your best online options in terms of ease of use and trustworthiness, If you want to trade try kraken.com. If you want to buy in person localbitcoins.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Stoko

Bit late with 2 years :D but could use our new Irish Bitcoin Broker
    https://www.bitireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

When you see posts like this, it's time to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The Revolut card app is the easiest way to buy and exchange bitcoin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 notincluding

Hi first post (of many) on boards :)

Just wondering does anyone know where to buy Bitcoin online? I could also use PayPal but I hear somewhere that it's against PayPal terms of use?

Thanks
    stay away from bitcoin it's the greatest scam
    if you have to gamble play poker on pokerstars or bet on the horses

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

When you see posts like this, it's time to sell.

or make 1200% profit

Advertisement