Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&E charges Ireland

Options
  • 08-11-2016 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I went to a&e with bad pains... I got seen by the triage nurse who gave me pain relief... I was left waiting so long after this that the pain went away and I decided to leave rather than see the doc... I let the nurse know.
    Will I still be charged €100 for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Answer: yes. You gave your name and address when you checked in, what happens after that doesn't really matter from an administrative perspective.

What has this to do with Dublin south?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ESMA

coylemj wrote: »
    Answer: yes. You gave your name and address when you checked in, what happens after that doesn't really matter from an administrative perspective.

What has this to do with Dublin south?

Thanks.... couldn't find a section to put this post under earlier & wasn't feeling great.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Incase anyone else comes across this thread...

... if you'd gone to your doctor first and they gave you referral letter for A&E, then you'd only pay doctor's fee (probably around the €50/60 mark).

Incidentally I can't speak highly enough of the Local Injuries Clinic in Loughlinstown. I had visited my doctor with what I thought was a pulled muscle. As it wasn't getting better I went back to doctor, got letter for Loughlinstown and was in and out in an hour (xray & consultation). Although it was a Thursday morning so that might have explained the speed - I was the only patient in the room for much of the hour.

From talking to the radiologist it appears the place is very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

shar01 wrote: »
    Incidentally I can't speak highly enough of the Local Injuries Clinic in Loughlinstown. I had visited my doctor with what I thought was a pulled muscle. As it wasn't getting better I went back to doctor, got letter for Loughlinstown and was in and out in an hour (xray & consultation). Although it was a Thursday morning so that might have explained the speed - I was the only patient in the room for much of the hour.

From talking to the radiologist it appears the place is very quiet.

Glad to hear you got sorted without any fuss or long wait. However that clinic in St. Columcilles' does not do emergency (A&E) care and it's only open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Outside those hours or if you have an injury or illness that may require admission to an acute hospital, you will be redirected to St. Vincents.

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/3/injuryunits/#St.%20Columcille%E2%80%99s%20Injury%20Unit

Advertisement