Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone a member of Ballitore gun club

• 08-11-2016 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Anyone a member of Ballitore gun club if so I would like to ask a few questions!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭skipking

i am a member of a couple of clubs one of them is ballitore.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Crow Pigeon and Pheasant

skipking wrote:
    i am a member of a couple of clubs one of them is ballitore.

Thanks what is the story about joining fees and whatever and also what does the gun club do? Thanks!

joining fees depend on where you live, if you live outside the club area it is dearer than for local members.
    there is also a junior membership fee, you would have to contact a member of the committee for the
    fees as i dont have them to hand. they rear and release pheasant and duck, during hard weather the put
    out feeders all over the club grounds. a few of them are very active vermin controllers. the club also has its own clay grounds.

skipking wrote:
    joining fees depend on where you live, if you live outside the club area it is dearer than for local members. there is also a junior membership fee, you would have to contact a member of the committee for the fees as i dont have them to hand. they rear and release pheasant and duck, during hard weather the put out feeders all over the club grounds. a few of them are very active vermin controllers. the club also has its own clay grounds.

Thanks I live just between calverstown and narramore there is a sign on the neighbours farm saying ballitore gunclub has it was part of the reason that got me interested! Also I like to do a good bit of shooting and hoped I could talk to others about it and go out shooting with them!

Also where abouts is it in ballitore and can I go to the gunclub in person as I don't like talking over the phone!

• Advertisement

pm me your number and i will see what i can do. as i am not giving out names or numbers on this site.
    i will give you a ring tomorrow.

if you ask around locally someone may be able to give you some names as i know at least one member
    lives on the road between naraghmore and calverstown. dont think there is anyone that you can just
    walk in and talk to. most people submit an application to any member which is then brought up at a
    committee meeting as it is a committee decision ta accept new members

skipking wrote:
    if you ask around locally someone may be able to give you some names as i know at least one member lives on the road between naraghmore and calverstown. dont think there is anyone that you can just walk in and talk to. most people submit an application to any member which is then brought up at a committee meeting as it is a committee decision ta accept new members

Ok thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Ok thanks!

What's worked for me in the past is to go to the local Garda Barracks and they might know somebody or a local firearms dealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

What's worked for me in the past is to go to the local Garda Barracks and they might know somebody or a local firearms dealer.

You have a better chance of seeing a unicorn than a Garda in ballitore station

• Advertisement

ballitore station closed a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

homerhop wrote: »
    You have a better chance of seeing a unicorn than a Garda in ballitore station

And you have an even worse chance of seeing me outside the Garda station in Ballytore looking for a member of the gun club.

Advertisement