Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joshua V Molina December 10th

• 28-10-2016 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,729 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Eric Molina is rumoured to be getting the fight...Not a bad fighter, and did fairly well against Wilder, but should be taken out against AJ.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

walshb wrote: »
    Eric Molina is rumoured to be getting the fight...Not a bad fighter, and did fairly well against Wilder, but should be taken out against AJ.
    what are you on about? Molina is terrible the bloke was stopped in a round against Arreola big deal he beat a shot to ****e Adamek, The fight won't see 6 rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Molina confirmed

Absolutely awful fight Molina got done in a round by 'Arreola FFS, Hearn and Joshua really taking the mick with this type of dross on PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Absolutely awful fight Molina got done in a round by 'Arreola FFS, Hearn and Joshua really taking the mick with this type of dross on PPV.

Ah they will fill the card up with "title" fights in an effort to sell it. One of the Yafai brothers is fighting for a World Title & Whyte vs Chisora is on for the British HW title.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Ah they will fill the card up with "title" fights in an effort to sell it. One of the Yafai brothers is fighting for a World Title & Whyte vs Chisora is on for the British HW title.
    Whyte Chisora was supposed to be on November 26th to headline now it's been moved to try justify this garbage PPV. The Yafai fight is really good Whyte Chisora is ok but both guys are fairly average, Quigg probably fighting a no mark and Burton Buglioni is a decent trade fight, A PPV though not in a million years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnRock

Joshua should have been fighting Haye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,729 ✭✭✭✭walshb

pac_man wrote: »
    Just watched Chisora throw a table in a press conference. Same premeditated nonsense. Why don't the board start dishing out bans for his behaviour.

The guy should be banned and arrested. This kind of thuggish behaviour cannot and should not be tolerated by anybody, hype or not. Hearn and his crew should be ashamed of themselves dealing with the likes of this thug.

Plus he's absolute garbage as a boxer. Pure crap!

Chisora is a joke, the stuff he does is embarrassing, not least because he's not actually very good, it's one thing doing stuff when you can deliver in the ring but Chisora has lost every major fight he's had, he tried acting like this with Vitali and got beat, tried it with Haye and got KO'd, Fury schooled him and Pulev beat him easily. The man's a thug Mike Tyson without any of the ability. The show on Saturday is mostly terrible, Ortiz vs Dave Allen is a disgrace, shame on the BBBOC for sanctioning the fight and shame on Hearn for putting at best an English level fighter in with a world top 5 guy. Burton vs Buglioni is a good domestic fight and Yafai vs Conception is really good 50/50 world title fight. The main event, Ortiz v Allen, Quigg fight are all garbage. That'll be 20 quid lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Chisora is without a doubt the biggest clown in boxing. The man is unhinged and shouldn't be allowed a licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Danye

That'll be 20 quid lads.

You don't have to pay it though?

The way people are going on it's almost as if they have to pay for the fight. If people don't like the card just don't buy it.

Danye wrote: »
    You don't have to pay it though?

The way people are going on it's almost as if they have to pay for the fight. If people don't like the card just don't buy it.

It should be included in the subscription imagine the uproar if United and Liverpool games were an extra 5 quid a week. Boxing fans get shafted any have decent fight you have to pay extra for, Tennis fans don't pay extra to watch Wimbeldon, Golf fans don't pay extra for the Ryder Cup or Masters so why do boxing fans have to pay extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Truly bizarre stuff from Del Boy yet again. Certainly let's himself down as I think he comes across as a decent bloke most of the time.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

It should be included in the subscription imagine the uproar if United and Liverpool games were an extra 5 quid a week. Boxing fans get shafted any have decent fight you have to pay extra for, Tennis fans don't pay extra to watch Wimbeldon, Golf fans don't pay extra for the Ryder Cup or Masters so why do boxing fans have to pay extra.

I totally agree with you. If I were the promoter I would want as many people as possible to get eyes on Joshua. They could then create a bigger following for the real money makers (Wlad, Fury, Haye, Wilder) & people would then be more likely to buy those as they would have a type of investment in him.

The guys is a promoters dream. A good looking, charming & exciting heavyweight. They seem to want to kill the goose before the real golden eggs come along.

AJ on PPV a while now. Truly bizarre. Am I missing something? An ok style. Yet to actually beat a credible opponent. As dull as dishwater. Have I missed something?

AJ on PPV a while now. Truly bizarre. Am I missing something? An ok style. Yet to actually beat a credible opponent. As dull as dishwater. Have I missed something?

Dull as dishwater in what way?

Dull as dishwater in what way?

No personality. No charisma. No heartbeat. Dull...

I don't expect him to be Ali. But for PPV, considering the other factors I mentioned, I could probably see him PPV if he had something about him..

No personality. No charisma. No heartbeat. Dull...

I don't expect him to be Ali. But for PPV, considering the other factors I mentioned, I could probably see him PPV if he had something about him..

Ah I think he comes across as very warm & charming in his interviews, very genuine. Alot of these guys now adays seem to want to be controversial or shocking, AJ just seems like a nice guy. It could easily be a front of course but that is what I see.

There is a fierce competitor in there, I genuinely believe that the better the opposition the better we will see from him.

I do 100% agree that these fights on PPV are a joke but I can also understand why he is viewed as a PPV star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

This is hardly PPV.... I'd pay to watch Wlad v AJ but this is Eurosport at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Danye

All fair points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

PPV buys are low apparently ...... Del Boy miraculously then goes all WWE and throws something.

Hearn trying to earn yet again here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

You would think a very conservative company like Sky would have a word with Hearn over using somebody like Chisora. Both are massive part of boxings image problem.

I just seen an ad for the event tomorrow and they have excluded the Chisora fight on the graphic.

Ah I think he comes across as very warm & charming in his interviews, very genuine. Alot of these guys now adays seem to want to be controversial or shocking, AJ just seems like a nice guy. It could easily be a front of course but that is what I see.

There is a fierce competitor in there, I genuinely believe that the better the opposition the better we will see from him.

I do 100% agree that these fights on PPV are a joke but I can also understand why he is viewed as a PPV star.

I like AJ. I just think to date and recently nothing stands out and warrants this PPV nonsense.

Take even his style. He does nothing all that exciting. Quite predictable, upright, stiff and calculated. Nothing screams excitement. Effective no doubt, but against very ordinary opposition. I guess it's all down to the weakened standards of what is quality and what is entertainment and what is a star.

It just makes you think how big a star Mike Tyson would be today if he was around. Tyson was not a nice person, but by god he oozed menace and mystique and aura, as well as his style being very exciting and explosive and dynamic. The world's most impacting sports star in the 80s, no doubt.

You would think a very conservative company like Sky would have a word with Hearn over using somebody like Chisora. Both are massive part of boxings image problem.

I just seen an ad for the event tomorrow and they have excluded the Chisora fight on the graphic.
    True i mean this is the company that apologize for bad language in the corner at 3 or 4am, Chisora might create interest but it's the wrong kind of interest, all people like him do is give ammunition to people who say boxing is for thugs and shouldn't be allowed. I could tolerate Chisora if he actually delivered in the ring but he never has, his performance in the 2nd Fury fight was awful as was his display last time out against Pulev. This stuff only really works when your a Mike Tyson "baddest man on the planet" ect but when your a guy like Chisora who's lost every significant fight in your career the act wears thin.

Chisora Whyte is off BBBOC suspending Chisora indefinitely, Major blow to the PPV sales i'd imagine, a lot of people would have bought for this fight over the main event, People who already bought it should be offered a refund.

sorry may not be off, just saw some stuff on Twitter but nothing concrete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Did Chisora bite Whyte after that Gloves are off thing on Sky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fight goes ahead, 25 k fine for Del Boy

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

25k is very small for what he's probably getting, should have taken half his purse something that would really hurt his pocket. Hopefully Whyte beats him and it's the last we ever see of Chisora the man's an embarrassment to the sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Schwanz wrote: »
    PPV buys are low apparently ...... Del Boy miraculously then goes all WWE and throws something.

Hearn trying to earn yet again here.
    Why would Chisora jeopardise his pay day and risk a fine in order to make Hearn money? Chisora doesn't get a cut from pay per view buys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It's not an act from Chisora, the guy is tapped in the head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭HenryHill

xtal191 wrote: »
    Did Chisora bite Whyte after that Gloves are off thing on Sky?

He did, theres a video going around twitter, you can hear whyte screaming about being bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

25k fine, 2 year suspended sentence and the fight is no longer for the belt.

Chisora sounded pretty down about it earlier but in fairness he got off lightly, not his first indiscretion.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

25k fine, 2 year suspended sentence and the fight is no longer for the belt.

Chisora sounded pretty down about it earlier but in fairness he got off lightly, not his first indiscretion.

Dont think either of them be too bothered not winning the British title theres more at stake here. Winner gets a shot at deontay wilder for the WBC belt

I like AJ. I just think to date and recently nothing stands out and warrants this PPV nonsense.

Take even his style. He does nothing all that exciting. Quite predictable, upright, stiff and calculated. Nothing screams excitement. Effective no doubt, but against very ordinary opposition. I guess it's all down to the weakened standards of what is quality and what is entertainment and what is a star.

It just makes you think how big a star Mike Tyson would be today if he was around. Tyson was not a nice person, but by god he oozed menace and mystique and aura, as well as his style being very exciting and explosive and dynamic. The world's most impacting sports star in the 80s, no doubt.

Pretty much agree with all of that, when you think of how devoid the heavyweight division has been of a non Klit star in the last 15 years you can see people want to build up the likes of AJ & Wilder.

The PPV stuff is nonsense & I have serious doubts about the effectiveness of it as a continous business model. Outside of Mayweather, Pacquiao & Canelo, I don't know of a fighter who has a big enough following for PPV.

As I said I would want as many eyes as possible on AJ at this piint in his career and then get the big money fights once the following is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭megadodge

Truly bizarre post.

Considering your obsession with power, you totally ignore the most obvious thing about Joshua - his power!

And no, just because he isn't as explosive as Tyson or as crude as Wilder doesn't mean his power isn't legitimate.

You crazily rate Wilder the pick of the bunch (note you're not getting anybody agreeing with you), yet talk about credible opponents???

Am i missing something? Is everybody else missing something?

Not sure I ever even mentioned AJs power in my "bizarre post." I mentioned his style.

Anyway, power alone for me doesn't mean that someone is PPV material.

I consider several factors

Maybe slow down and actually read what people are writing and things may not seem so bizarre. Nothing surprising here, as you have a habit of jumping in with both feet.

And Wilder has next to nothing to do with my "bizarre" post. I am wondering why AJ is PPV and has been for a while now.

BTW, AJ vs. an actual world beater I could understand as PPV.

Wlad vs. Aj I'd pay for. AJ vs. Fury I'd pay for. AJ vs. Haye I'd pay for. AJ vs. Wilder I'd pay for......

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Romulus45

The only thing he's got going for him is his athleticism and power. When he fights someone who can actually box he'll be found out. Whyte almost floored him and who would say Whyte is a world level boxer? Defensively he's there to be hit. Not convinced until he beats someone worth their salt.

Romulus45 wrote: »
    The only thing he's got going for him is his athleticism and power. When he fights someone who can actually box he'll be found out. Whyte almost floored him and who would say Whyte is a world level boxer? Defensively he's there to be hit. Not convinced until he beats someone worth their salt.

Fair points. He has power and can box. I think his chin is fairly decent. We've been over this many times, the Whyte shot was hard and clean. He took it and recovered. I mean, why diss him because it briefly affected him? Why not praise him for taking it and firing back? He's a man, not superman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Romulus45

Fair points. He has power and can box. I think his chin is fairly decent. We've been over this many times, the Whyte shot was hard and clean. He took it and recovered. I mean, why diss him because it briefly affected him? Why not praise him for taking it and firing back? He's a man, not superman.

Fair enough he took it well but he can't afford to be as reckless as he's been when he fights world level fighters. He's left himself too open at times then necessary and other fighters will be looking at that. I just don't get the hype surrounding him and the media circus that follows him. You have to remember too we have not seen him go the distance in a ring yet but then again it's not his fault he's knocking out everything in front of him. I reckon Vlad would fancy him to be honest. That would be the true measure of his boxing ability.

Fair enough he took it well but he can't afford to be as reckless as he's been when he fights world level fighters. He's left himself too open at times then necessary and other fighters will be looking at that. I just don't get the hype surrounding him and the media circus that follows him. You have to remember too we have not seen him go the distance in a ring yet but then again it's not his fault he's knocking out everything in front of him. I reckon Vlad would fancy him to be honest. That would be the true measure of his boxing ability.

No issue with most of this. I have said the thing as regards him yet to face a world beater. I don't at all understand the PPV angle with him to date and recently, as I outlined in posts.

How disgraceful is the mismatch between Luis Ortiz and Dave Allen? Is he promoted by Matchroom and if so why would they turn a young lad into a sacrificial lamb for Ortiz?

How is Ortiz not fighting for a world title or a final eliminator instead of fighting a guy who may or may not be up to winning a British title? Pretty shameful stuff from Hearn.

Anyone bought this or buying this?

Anyone bought this or buying this?

Not in a million years.

How disgraceful is the mismatch between Luis Ortiz and Dave Allen? Is he promoted by Matchroom and if so why would they turn a young lad into a sacrificial lamb for Ortiz?

How is Ortiz not fighting for a world title or a final eliminator instead of fighting a guy who may or may not be up to winning a British title? Pretty shameful stuff from Hearn.

Ortiz looked awful in his last fight against malik scot (BUM)

HenryHill wrote: »
    Ortiz looked awful in his last fight against malik scot (BUM)

Ah come on now, that was about 20% down to Ortiz, Scott was an utter joke that night. And even allowing for that poor Dave Allen would be wiped out by Malik Scott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Anyone giving Molina a chance? I thought he looked rather decent against Wilder who did look to have a bit of an off night. I don't think he'll have much to fear knowing he lasted a good while with Wilder so I am hoping he doesn't just b*tch out and let Joshua walk him down before the inevitable. I'll definitely be throwing a few euros each on Molina round 1,2,3,4,5. Odds of 100/1 and 125/1 are too good for Heavyweight Boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭section4

I don't think Joshua been tested yet
    But I think wlad is way past his best
    And I don't think aj beating wlad prove anything
    Except he beat an old man, against fury
    You could see vlad was just too slow
    That comes with age, and he will be slower now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭clubwelly

For anyone who's interested Katie is the floater fight for tonights card so you can be on anytime after 8pm. Below is the link to the full running order

http://www.matchroomboxing.com/fight-nights/joshua-v-molina/

• Advertisement
Advertisement