Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation Recommendation

Options
  • 08-11-2016 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Currently I am using Lancome Teint Idole ultra 24 hr which has been a perfect match for my skin during the warmer months, however with the changing weather I find it is now slightly too heavy for my skin and tends to dry it out despite keeping up with my daily skin care regime.

I have dry skin in general which has been made worse with the cold weather, Can anyone recommend a medium/full coverage foundation that is suitable for dry skin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

SingItOut wrote: »
    Hi,

Currently I am using Lancome Teint Idole ultra 24 hr which has been a perfect match for my skin during the warmer months, however with the changing weather I find it is now slightly too heavy for my skin and tends to dry it out despite keeping up with my daily skin care regime.

I have dry skin in general which has been made worse with the cold weather, Can anyone recommend a medium/full coverage foundation that is suitable for dry skin?

Nars all day luminous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sarahfinn

Try Jane Iredale. You can only get this in salons but it's the best foundation out there and I've used everything! My skin is so dry it flakes but this makes it look super smooth and healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 19 makeuplover

mine currently is urban decay all nighter loves it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Mine is the sensual skin fluid in #2 from Kevyn aucoin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Think i've used that brand of Lancome foundation. For night wear or long lasting wear and smooth application i'd suggest is MAC. Benefit I find dries out my skin but find with my combination skin that MAC, No7 and Lancome has suited me the best for liquid foundation. The powdered or mousey/cream foundation doesn't suit my skin makes my skin cakey and flakey. I've heard good reports about Urban Decay foundation. I use to use Elisabeth Arden for a while but bit too strong for my complexion.

Estee Lauder looks like fake tan on me its really for sallow skin I think. I used Max Factor before when in my Teens but now in my 30's it wouldn't suit me the texture has changed since and they stopped stocking the foundation I use to buy. A lot of it is trial and error. Have you tried other brands? Inglot and Artdeco are good ones to try if you fancied a change. Sleek and Nars are nice ones as well. Stella and Bobbie brown are ones to look into too they do nice make-up. Depends on brand and budget you looking for as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement