Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Presidential Election RESULTS THREAD

• 09-11-2016 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,370 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CNN are reporting that with 1% of the vote counted in Kentucky (western side of the state) has trump with 78 % of the vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The first 2 million or so votes are in (0.7%), could be a long night.

Screen_Shot_2016_11_09_at_00_21_15.png

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

That's an interesting pointer. The Dems were confident of turning that seat until last week.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

If he loses FL he can say good night. Clinton has an easier path there after

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Almost time to call it and go to bed!

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If FL and PA don't flip from 538 the race is called

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

If Trump gets Pennsylvania he has a chance? Outside one and a lot of things would have to go his way still.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

looking a bit red to me at 01:20

Screen_Shot_2016_11_09_at_01_19_54.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

These figures, if reliable, put Trump slightly ahead in Florida, but ~5% behind in North Carolina and Ohio. Most surprisingly though with almost half the votes counted, Clinton is 2.6% ahead in Texas! :eek:

http://www.electionprojection.com/presidential-election-results.php

Even at 91% votes counted Florida is too tight to call.

Clinton doing well in Ohio and N. Carolina but too early to predict anything.

Trump has to take all 3 states really.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

The Johnson vote could be significant if Trump loses states by 2 or 3%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

I think Clinton is just a little too far behind at this point to take Florida.

Trump = Texas (won)

put the kettle on:

hmmm.png

• Advertisement

Is there any red spray paint left?

redpaint.png

actually, it's still too early to call, but journalists are starting to change their tune...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

Trump is getting florida, virginia, ohio and maybe new hampshire, hes winning, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭japasca

Trump is looking to be having a great night so far! Ohio and Florida looking positive, and Michigan while early is looking positive for Trump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,689 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This is a lot closer than first thought. Defintely a shy Trump voter has skewed all the polls to some extent. Trump now looking likely to win Florida who have 95% of votes counted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,244 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Another hammering for the pollsters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,689 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Another hammering for the pollsters?

Something definitely amiss, NY Times now calling it a 80% chance Trump will win

NC = Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Muahahaha wrote:
    Something definitely amiss, NY Times now calling it a 80% chance Trump will win

It's increasingly looking like another Brexit night.

FLA = Trump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

THE MADMAN WON WISCONSIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

NOW IOWA!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

What is going on? What is America thinking? Holy ****

The people have spoken, well about 50,000,000 so far... 209 v 238

Amazingfun wrote: »
    THE MADMAN WON WISCONSIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not yet

Overheal wrote: »
    Not yet

4% lead, 83% counted.

• Advertisement

4% lead, 83% counted.

crazier things have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

We're gonna need a bigger basket! :):):):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,945 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

What's your thoughts perma?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,244 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If I was an American I would be asking why an alignment of the media and polling companies lied so strongly about the outcome of this election.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If I was an American I would be asking why an alignment of the media and polling companies lied so strongly about the outcome of this election.
    I highly doubt they lied; rather it shows the flaws in trying to do polls via fixed phone lines (which is the samey way it has been done for decades) in today's age of mobile phones and IP phones OR it was a freak year were Trump voters did not answer the phone / lied / where not in the area called (i.e. I think the method rather than the intent was the issue).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

I'd be asking why the director of the fbi is a ****ing traitor.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

vetinari wrote: »
    I'd be asking why the director of the fbi is a ****ing traitor.
    The only reason I can see going back to the initial review and public announcements is to set up a run for Senator or similar and wanted to make this part of his "legacy"; honestly short of that I can't figure why someone that senior would break decades of policy and flip flop like a fish over and over again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nody wrote: »
    I highly doubt they lied; rather it shows the flaws in trying to do polls via fixed phone lines (which is the samey way it has been done for decades) in today's age of mobile phones and IP phones OR it was a freak year were Trump voters did not answer the phone / lied / where not in the area called (i.e. I think the method rather than the intent was the issue).

It's literally Brexit again. This is the second time this has happened within a matter of months. For whatever reason, the polls got two votes that were solidly based on a platform of xenophobia wrong, and I worry its because when polling, people won't admit that fear to other people, but will happily vote for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Nody wrote: »

You couldnt see the bias in the media run up?

Where is Black Swan? I'm really worried that she might have stroked out on java and used that katana on herself. :P

Amerika wrote: »
    Where is Black Swan? I'm really worried that she might have stroked out on java and used that katana on herself. :P

She did an all night Monday night don't expect to see her till the afternoon

Overheal wrote: »
    She did an all night Monday night don't expect to see her till the afternoon
    She celebrated a tad too early, dontcha think? :)

Amerika wrote: »
    She celebrated a tad too early, dontcha think? :)

Quit trolling would ya

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Indeed! I wonder what else they could be lying about. RT seem to be better for the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It's literally Brexit again. This is the second time this has happened within a matter of months. For whatever reason, the polls got two votes that were solidly based on a platform of xenophobia wrong, and I worry its because when polling, people won't admit that fear to other people, but will happily vote for it.
    Why is this narrative about the polls getting it wrong, getting airtime? They really didn't. The result was completely within the margin for error on a national basis and there were plenty of polls calling a tie or a slight Trump lead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement