Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Presidential Election RESULTS THREAD

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Paleface

Not surprising to see liberals throwing the race card when they lose. Clinton lost because she is a shill for Globalism and a puppet for multi national corporations with no connection to working middle class Americans.

Obama's legacy

Lowest labor partipipation since the 1970's
    95 million out of the labor force
    Lowest homer ownership rate in 50 years
    43 Million Americans on food stamps, 12M more since Obama took office
    45 Million living in poverty, up 8M since Obama became President
    1 in 5 American families without somebody in the workforce
    1 in 5 Men 18-34 either in Jail or no Job
    Obama's term has ACCULMATED MORE DEBT THAN ALL 43 PRESIDENTS BEFORE HIM COMBINED.

But keep using the race card.

You are being very biased in your view of American politics to blame all of that on Obama whilst conveniently ignoring the presidents that went before him, particularly Bush Jnr!

Obama inherited a lot of the above and the worst depression since the 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

vetinari wrote: »
    Overheal, a lot of racists voted for Trump.
    By racist I don't mean the looking to hang black people from a tree kind but the I don't like the country being less white kind.

People love to talk about the out of work white factory worker when it comes to Trump. He won 50% of the white college educated male vote and 43% of the college educated female vote as well. Those groups are doing quite well in this economy. Those percentages are way higher than they should be for a candidate that offered them very little.

His entire slogan "make America great again" was white only. It was literally meaningless for non white people. You think black people want to go back to the fifties or sixties? It takes a lot of cognitive dissonance to look at the voting breakdowns and not see race as a major factor in this election.

That Slogan makes me laugh. When was America not great? What does it have to do to be great...again. Start another war, lol. We cannot roll back time or change the past. The man in the street clearly believes the BS.

Nody wrote: »
    I love Twitter and I have no time for Donald Trump's rabble rousing, but this is one of those times when I'm thankful for newspaper editors. I struggle to believe what she's saying, just in the same way as I struggle to believe that the video of two black guys beating up a white guy is some unprovoked 'revenge for Trump'.

Too many people invent this **** on social media. Remember that fake story about homophobic attacks on Cork by using Grindr to lure gay people? Crazy is crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

Trump is at heart an East Coast liberal and a frat boy. He is crude and sexist, and there are many other objectionable things about him, and he calls it as it is, particularly when he doesn't understand why some things take so long to actually get put into effect.
    I reckon he'll be like Giuliani when he took over in 1994 in NYC. He took a crumbling, dangerous, out of control city and tamed it. For example, there had never, in 40 years of trying, been a comprehensive and effective rail link between the city and JFK. Giuliani in less than 7 years got the job done, by putting an elevated rail track down the median of the expressways in Queens. Simple and effective.
    Trump will I expect do the same on the US economy, or at least try. He's a business man with an eye on what's good for his personal business empire, and if that coincides with creating jobs in the US, he'll do it. Other stuff like foreign policy he'll hand off to appointees
    The real fear, is however, those die hard religious bigots, like VP elect Pence, who will work to have Roe v. Wade overturned, as well as the SCOTUS ruling in Obergefell, which legalised same-sex marriage in the US. They will pack the Federal benches with conservative white judges, and seek to permit discrimination on "religious" grounds.
    I don't seek to justify his comments or behaviour, but he voices the frustration that the small guy feels with bureaucracy. I think of the local farmer who finds his SFP has been reduced, because someone in the Dept. has made a map error-not the farmer- and the farmer has to go to a solicitor and pay to get the map corrected, while the Dept. has no obligation to do anything, not even apologise for their oversight.It's the nuts and bolts of living.
    This is not meant as a defence of Trump, but he's now the reality. Trump does not frighten me, but those Republicans who could not stomach the sight of a black guy in the White House, or accept that a woman might be smarter than a man, or who want gay men and women to be forced to undergo conversion therapy, and who believe non-whites are mentally inferior, these are the ones who I worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That's the thing, Trump will have to pretend to be very conservative on things like abortion and gay rights to keep the evangelists and Tea Party types on board.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

vetinari wrote: »
    People have a peaceful right to protest.

Peaceful... absolutely. But there are a lot of reports that these protest are anything but peaceful. I hope Trump, once president, makes a mandate that there is a new sheriff in town and the type of protests listed below will no longer be tolerated, and these protesters immediately be arrested and fined heavily. And I wouldn’t mind if those fines go to help pay for the wall, even if it isn’t from Mexico. :P

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/11/riot-declared-in-oregon-as-anti-trump-demonstrators-damage-cars-buildings.html
    http://katu.com/news/local/protests-set-to-continue-thursday-meeting-point-set-downtown
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/11/11/trump-protests-arrests/
    http://www.theamericanmirror.com/video-anti-trump-rioters-brawl/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Amerika wrote: »
    Peaceful... absolutely. But there are a lot of reports that these protest are anything but peaceful. I hope Trump, once president, makes a mandate that there is a new sheriff in town and the type of protests listed below will no longer be tolerated, and these protesters immediately be arrested and fined heavily. And I wouldn’t mind if those fines go to help pay for the wall, even if it isn’t from Mexico. :P
    Aren't there already laws protecting people and property from attacks and vandalism?

Advertisement