Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Saver a/c

Options
  • 09-11-2016 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,

We will be looking for a small mortgage next year.  Can you tell me if there is any advantage in opening a Mortgage Saver account.  My husband owns our home, but we will be applying for a mortgage to do renovations.  The house is in my husbands name, so i presume that means he is not a first time buyer?  Can you tell me if we should just keep saving or open one of these accounts?

Thanks,

Emma

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon oEmmao, 

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

There are many advantages to the Mortgage Saver account for existing home owners including the ability to open this account as a sole or joint account easily online here. You will also have the option to make additional lump sum lodgements to the account and will have instant access to the money when you need it. Although, the first time buyer offer would not be available in your situation, you'll still receive the fantastic interest rates seen here.

We also offer another option for customers who wish to borrow against their existing mortgage for home improvement purposes and you can read more about this here

If you'd like to speak with one of our dedicated mortgage advisers you can use this link to request a call back, Facetime or Skype or make an appointment in your local branch. 

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to get in touch here again. 

Elaine 

Advertisement