Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Alexa and Echo FAQ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Just got the update for calling

https://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=16713667011

Not tried it yet.

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

Just got the update for calling

https://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=16713667011

Not tried it yet.

Anyone?

No, don't know anyone else with am echo/dot.

Wonder will it work between 2 devices in a house, as an intercom?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

It should work between devices on the same network and for people with the Alexa app on their device.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

How do you get the latest APK?
    When I try update from the play store its says its not supported in my country??
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

It would be better if it acted as a speakerphone connected to your mobile phone....anyone know if it could do that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hellrazer wrote: »
    How do you get the latest APK?
    When I try update from the play store its says its not supported in my country??
    Thanks

Its ok I found it

https://apkpure.com/amazon-alexa/com.amazon.dee.app

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

Gave it a go this evening. Handy enough. A bit of a delay at times.

Anyone else having trouble with the updated app? I can't get past the three dots on my S7.

App does take longer to open

Now newstalk not available on tunein?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Yeah newstalk isnt working for me at all

• Advertisement

Zulu wrote: »
    Yeah newstalk isnt working for me at all

Yeah she's messed up again.
    Really thinking of going Google home now.
    There's 3 FM channels that I listen to and it's getting nearly impossible to get any of them now on tunein.
    Newstalk is the worst though.And it was working a week ago.Getting frustrating now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Alexa is becoming a dunce...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

when i try for newstalk i get some canadian truckers podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Newstalk seems to be working for me again but can never get her to tell me the weather in Dublin.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Newstalk seems to be working for me again but can never get her to tell me the weather in Dublin.

Same here, she use to, but she seems to have gone dumb now. Can't even specify Dublin Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Newstalk is working if you call it newstalk radio.......but RTÉ Radio 1 is not recognised at all......and it used to work fine...!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭futonic

same for me. spin 103.8, nova and rte used to work. Now newstalk only. About 2 weeks ago the 'nova' went from our nova to a french nova and now gone completely. Very annoying. Was the most useful skill from me apart from dublin bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

FYI: Just got accepted to the SONOS / Alexa beta 7.4 program, it should finally be rolled out during June.
    What's Next:
    Over the next week, you’ll notice a Sonos (Beta) skill in the “Your Skills” section of your Alexa app. DO NOT attempt to enable this skill -- it will not work until we update you to the correct software. We’ll contact you when you can get started.
    We’ll add testers to the program in phases throughout the month of June, so don’t worry if you don’t hear from us for a couple weeks. We haven’t forgotten you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Just bought the Echo Dot and connected it up to my Spotify Premium account but Alexa tells me I don't have a Premium account or cannot see my play lists?

Anyone ideas?

• Advertisement

Just bought the Echo Dot and connected it up to my Spotify Premium account but Alexa tells me I don't have a Premium account or cannot see my play lists?

Anyone ideas?

Had some issues like that at the start. Had to set it all up via the website on my laptop, rather than by using the Alexa App. Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

anyone know how to play Newstalk on tune in? I asked to play Newstalk......Newstalk 106fM.....Newtalk 106 Ireland, I keep geting the young turks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭mossie

dbnavan wrote: »
    anyone know how to play Newstalk on tune in? I asked to play Newstalk......Newstalk 106fM.....Newtalk 106 Ireland, I keep geting the young turks!

Young Turks for me too, sometimes saying Newstalk FM Ireland does it, sometimes not

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Spotify and Tune In still working for me, along with news and sport but no weather at all.

Can't get Spotify to work at all, reset it and set it up with the laptop. Seems to have connected to Spotify but says it doesn't see any play list or artist I mention.

It's getting very close to going off the wall!

Can't get Spotify to work at all, reset it and set it up with the laptop. Seems to have connected to Spotify but says it doesn't see any play list or artist I mention.

It's getting very close to going off the wall!

Sorry I've no suggestion other than its faulty in some way? Does amazon have support or can you return it? Mine was reallying straightforward to set up and it worked straight away.

Does she doesn't everything else without issues?

Edit maybe try this

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Windows-Phone-etc/link-error-with-Amazon-Echo/td-p/1456990

368100 wrote:
    Sorry I've no suggestion other than its faulty in some way? Does amazon have support or can you return it? Mine was reallying straightforward to set up and it worked straight away.

368100 wrote:
    Does she doesn't everything else without issues?

Answers most questions without issue except weather.

Mainly bought it for Spotify though.

I'll have it another few days to see if it gets going otherwise its going up on Adverts

Answers most questions without issue except weather.

Mainly bought it for Spotify though.

I'll have it another few days to see if it gets going otherwise its going up on Adverts

Did you see the edit about registering through the amazon layla page?

368100 wrote:
    Did you see the edit about registering through the amazon layla page?

I done that today with the laptop after I factory reset it but still no joy

• Advertisement

2fm not working on Tunein

Anyone else?

Advertisement