Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El Presidente Trump

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Clarebelly wrote:
    Just act and gtf off the stage.
    Just present your game show gtf to your solicitor's to file for bankruptcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

/insert 'Don't like it, go cry about it'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mattser

Clarebelly wrote: »
    Research then.
    It's not just speech that is free.

I don't want it controlled.
    I just have a pain in my bollox with "actors" mouthing off.
    Just act and gtf off the stage.
    Yer man Cunningham from game of thrones too is a wonderful actor that I admire, but he never shuts up about Syria.

Yea, they would get on your wick alright. I think they feel duty bound to back up De Niro after his rant went belly up.
    Every word the new President utters is dissected to death. Free speech my ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,092 ✭✭✭Christy42

Again, my dog is ace at fetching a stick, but I draw the line at his advice on how to wire a plug.

And yet Trump is president elect. I presume it is him you are referring to have not having experience in the area of politics?

mattser wrote: »
    Yea, they would get on your wick alright. I think they feel duty bound to back up De Niro after his rant went belly up.
    Every word the new President utters is dissected to death. Free speech my ass.

What is wrong about that ? Do you want people to just swallow whatever the president-elect says without thinking it over ? A man who has a history of lying ?

I understand it would be a lot easier for some people, but alas. That's not how things work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Again, my dog is ace at fetching a stick, but I draw the line at his advice on how to wire a plug.

Speaking of those unqualified for a role, how do you feel about Trump being elected?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭Clarebelly

Speaking of those unqualified for a role, how do you feel about Trump being elected?

Can't wait to see what he brings........ qualified or unqualified.
    We had financial regulators in this country that we were told were qualified, remember..........

Can't wait to see what he brings........ qualified or unqualified.
    We had financial regulators in this country that were qualified, remember..........

So actor commenting on politics despite being unqualified = bad

Businessman becoming president despite being unqualified = "ah sure give him a chance"

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Clarebelly wrote:
    Can't wait to see what he brings........ qualified or unqualified. We had financial regulators in this country that were qualified, remember..........

Financial regulators that were told that the banks were their 'customers'!

So actor on a whim commenting on politics despite being unqualified = bad

Businessman voted by the people of his country to become president despite being unqualified = "ah sure give him a chance"

Fixed your post there.

• Advertisement

Fixed your post there.

It's irrelevant. Would a popular vote magically make your dog more qualified to wire a plug?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭brickmauser

Streep reused the debunked story about Trump mocking a reporter who is disabled.
    He mocked him because the reporter claimed he could not remember Arab Muslims celebrating after the 9/11 attacks.
    An article the reporter wrote at the time showed he wrote about Arabs celebrating the attack.
    That was what Trump was mocking in his speech.
    Trump was called an Islamophobe for talking about Muslims celebrating the attack.
    When it was proven he was referring to reports at the time liberals ignored this and switched to a bogus story of Trump mocking disabled people.
    Even though that narrative has been debunked countless times they still cite it as Streep has done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Panrich

So actor commenting on politics despite being unqualified = bad

Businessman becoming president despite being unqualified = "ah sure give him a chance"

I'd rather see Streep as president. At least we know she can act like a politician.

It's irrelevant.

I beg to differ.

Streep reused the debunked story about Trump mocking a reporter who is disabled.
    He mocked him because the reporter claimed he could not remember Arab Muslims celebrating after the 9/11 attacks.
    An article the reporter wrote at the time showed he wrote about Arabs celebrating the attack.
    That was what Trump was mocking in his speech.
    Trump was called an Islamophobe for talking about Muslims celebrating the attack.
    When it was proven he was referring to reports at the time liberals ignored this and switched to a bogus story of Trump mocking disabled people.
    Even though that narrative has been debunked countless times they still cite it as Streep has done.

Bull****.

Trump said he saw thousands of Arabs celebrating in New Jersey, which was a complete lie.

These were his literal words:
    Hey, I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering.”

Only when he got called out on that he tried to change it to Arabs in the Middle East.

I beg to differ.

Why? We're talking about someone's qualifications, not popular opinion. You used the comparison with your dog wiring a plug to discredit Streep's input. Why can't the exact same logic be applied to Trump?

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    What is wrong about that ? Do you want people to just swallow whatever the president-elect says without thinking it over ? A man who has a history of lying ?

I understand it would be a lot easier for some people, but alas. That's not how things work.

Absolutely no problem with anyone questioning what he says. It's just that when Meryl etc. have a pop, nobody is allowed question them, without people harping on about freedom of speech.

Absolutely no problem with anyone questioning what he says. It's just that when Meryl etc. have a pop, nobody is allowed question them, without people harping on about freedom of speech.

There's a difference in questioning them and telling them to shut up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Donald has buried her in a retort. All ok now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,796 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

You need to read what you just posted. Of course they are allowed to be questioned but you haven't. What part of her statement do you question? You just want her to shut her hole.

Like your dog story. You will listen to your dog about sticks but not about wiring, despite the fact that you can't possibly know if they have done any research on the subject (you can't be with them all the time). ANd not only are no not willing to even listen to them, you want to stop them from even having the right to speak at all.

The exact same rule could have been applied to Trump. He had no political experience so should not have been allowed to be involved in any political discussions, let alone stand.

• Advertisement

You've confused two posters Leroy.
    Clarebelly is currently in talks with disgusting Hollywood liberals to develop Dog Mechanic, a gritty thriller. I hear Tommy Lee Jones is attached to voice the titular role and Oliver Stone has voiced interest in directing.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Bull****.

Trump said he saw thousands of Arabs celebrating in New Jersey, which was a complete lie.

These were his literal words:

Only when he got called out on that he tried to change it to Arabs in the Middle East.

The reporter he mocked reported on Arab Muslims in New Jersey partying after the 9/11 attack.
    The reporter denied he wrote about it and the article shows he did write about it.
    Trump mocked him for not remembering.
    Arabs in the Middle East celebrated the attack to in particular Palestinians who openly celebrate the murders of Jews too.
    Liberals are in complete denial about millions of Muslims who approve of Islamic terrorism and want to destroy Israel and America and force us all to convert to their hateful backward religion.
    Obama armed Islamic terrorists in Syria drawing Russia into the war to defend Assad's regime.
    Trump has decided on an alliance with Putin against Islamic extremism.
    The wisdom of this Trump policy is obvious and the ineptitude of Obama and Hillary has been totally exposed.
    They are reduced to attacking him for mocking the disabled although it never happened.
    Fake news.

The reporter he mocked reported on Arab Muslims in New Jersey partying after the 9/11 attack.
    The reporter denied he wrote about it and the article shows he did write about it.
    Arabs in the Middle East celebrated the attack to in particular Palestinians who openly celebrate the murders of Jews too.
    Liberals are in complete denial about millions of Muslims who approve of Islamic terrorism and want to destroy Israel and America and force us all to convert to their hateful backward religion.
    Obama armed Islamic terrorists in Syria drawing Russia into the war to defend Assad's regime.

TLDR: Damn liberals, damn muslims

Leroy42 wrote: »
    You need to read what you just posted. Of course they are allowed to be questioned but you haven't. What part of her statement do you question? You just want her to shut her hole.

Like your dog story. You will listen to your dog about sticks but not about wiring, despite the fact that you can't possibly know if they have done any research on the subject (you can't be with them all the time). ANd not only are no not willing to even listen to them, you want to stop them from even having the right to speak at all.

The exact same rule could have been applied to Trump. He had no political experience so should not have been allowed to be involved in any political discussions, let alone stand.

Confused puppy here.

TLDR: Damn liberals, damn muslims

Muslims extremists want to attack the US and the West and kill us all. They have to be stopped. Trump is unapologetic about this. Liberals are pretending their isn't a problem.

What is wrong with what Trump has said about Muslim extremists?

Trump opposed Iraq and opposed arming Islamists in Syria.

He wants peace with Russia.

Why is this an issue?

Once again the used tactic: Divert the point you earlier made into something completely unrelated.

Best knock it off, it doesn't work anymore.

He lied about muslims in New Jersey celebrating and was rightly called out on that crap. Kovalevski never wrote that he saw Muslims celebrating. Let's recap, shall we ? Since you seem to take your 'facts' from websites like catcholics4trump.com (the second Google hit if I look for 'trump mocks journalist arabs').

This is what he actually wrote:
    In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners' plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.

Kovalevski pointed out there were never any reports of that happening, only urban myths that Trump seemingly bought into for his own form of propaganda.

And if he was 'mocking a journalist' (once again, that's the sign of a sociopath, not a proper leader) why did he choose to do so by seemingly focusing on the man's disability ? He could have just used words but decided to mimic the man (and don't give me that crap about how he was acting like a journalist backing out of a debate, that's pathetic).

He said he never met the man or knew who he was, despite it becoming clear that Kovalevski interviewed him on several occassions.

The guy's a liar no matter how you try to spin it.

Muslims extremists want to attack the US and the West and kill us all. They have to be stopped. Trump is unapologetic about this. Liberals are pretending their isn't a problem.

Complete and utter bollocks. I don't think many people would have a problem if it was only the terrorists that Trump had an issue with.
    What is wrong with what Trump has said about Muslim extremists?

Trump opposed Iraq and opposed arming Islamists in Syria.
    Nothing. The issue is that he quite obviously has a problem with the non-extremists as well.
    He wants peace with Russia.

Why is this an issue?
    Putin is a maniac.

wow, this man, really is extremely immature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,092 ✭✭✭Christy42

The wisdom of this Trump policy is obvious and the ineptitude of Obama and Hillary has been totally exposed.
    They are reduced to attacking him for mocking the disabled although it never happened.
    Fake news.

He absolutely insulted the man's disability. Why else did he mimic it? It is not fake news. Just people ignoring facts to allow them to worship dear leader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Christy42 wrote: »
    He absolutely insulted the man's disability. Why else did he mimic it?

Yes - there is video of him doing it, yet he simply lies and says he never did.

Pfft, fake news, that's clearly Alec Baldwin :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I can't believe people are debating whether or not Trump has lied.

It's all right there in black and white folks. Great lies. The best lies.

When Trump speaks we should be examining what he says to find out what parts might actually be true and assume by default that everything out of his mouth is false to some degree or another.

As others above have said, Leroy, I think you're confusing me with someone else. I said nothing about dogs. I confuse myself sometimes.No sweat.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

seamus wrote: »
    I can't believe people are debating whether or not Trump has lied.

It's all right there in black and white folks. Great lies. The best lies.

When Trump speaks we should be examining what he says to find out what parts might actually be true and assume by default that everything out of his mouth is false to some degree or another.

4% of Trumps statements were true...... thats right folks 4%

70% were mostly false or worse pants on fire :rolleyes:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »

70% were mostly false or worse pants on fire :rolleyes:

Jeez, total MSM bias. They would say that, I mean Hillary and her crooked advisors and China and the Mexicans. Sure look at those actors with all their opinions. What do they know Never been in politics, leaving in the mansions and all their millions. :D

• Advertisement

There's nothing surprising about him lying about it. He's a liar.

The thing that should strike you is that the people who don't believe what's written in the newspaper, because they're such clever sceptics, will blindly swallow what ever demonstrable lie he feeds them.
    ECO_Mental wrote:

70% were mostly false or worse pants on fire

Who are you going to believe me or your lying eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Meryl Streep failed to mention it was people who said "F**K Trump" as they tortured a mentally disabled teenager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Who cares if he mocked a disabled reporter? What does that have to do with Job Creation or Immigration or healthcare or ISIS?

People are too caught up now a days with trying to elect a husband or a son in law instead of a leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

ebbsy wrote: »
    That stupid trollop Streep should stick to acting.

And she is even no good at that.

Oh dear, did her free speech offend you? :pac:

Who cares if he mocked a disabled reporter? What does that have to do with Job Creation or Immigration or healthcare or ISIS?

People are too caught up now a days with trying to elect a husband or a son in law instead of a leader.

a lot of people seem to think this to, theres something wrong with this thinking, something very wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

RobertKK wrote: »
    Meryl Streep failed to mention it was people who said "F**K Trump" as they tortured a mentally disabled teenager.

But but but but :D

Streep is just the latest high profile figure to play him like a fiddle, be couldn't resist replying like the petulant manchild he is.

Do his supporters not see this, or do they just not care?

RobertKK wrote:
    Right, but that has no baring on her criticism of Trump.

Were those scumbags elected to the highest office in their country?

Do you equate all critics of Trump with those who abuse the disabled?

Are you trying to shut down criticism of Trump or are you trying to signal your virtues? Both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Just what we need - a leader who demonstrates by example how to mock disabled people on TV and then lie about it.

That's your leader of the free world right there.

RobertKK wrote: »

Yes, the actions of a few ****ed up individuals is definitely a relevant thing to bring up here. I'm sure you or someone else will make a follow up post implying those against Trump somehow support such attacks.

I'd settle for someone that isn't a moron, tbh. Not sure what husbands or sons have to do with anything, or indeed what makes Trump a leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I think Trump was wrong to mock the disabled reporter, I think Streep was wrong to use it given the events of the past week which were far worse, and the people torturing the mentally disabled teenager seemed to support Clinton whom she had backed.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, and there is no evidence that what Trump did made the people torture the teenager.
    If anything it looks like they did it due to their hate of Trump and took it out on an easy white target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I have been thinking about this for a while and I know it’s going to upset a few people on here but I do think there are some serious legitimacy questions to ask about Trumps Presidency and he knows it himself and that is why he gets so upset when people question him.

1. Firstly he lost the popular vote (by a good bit) this hurts him because in any other democracy in the world he wouldn’t be president now. But I am will to let this slide because this is how the US votes so he won fair enough..

2. Non release of Tax returns, this is a big issue because Joe Public did not have full exposure to the Donald’s business dealings and who he is in debt to (Russians, Arab, Chinese, African dictators etc) we just don’t know and Joe Public needs to know who they were voting for they voted for a character a personality. We don’t know the real Trump

3. Russian Hacking this is complex but central to the whole legitimacy of his Pres. The Russians DID influence the election no matter how he tries to spin it. Trump used hacked Russian information for his benefit to discredit Clinton. He mentions wikileaks in the ACTUAL presidential debates numerous times (which are viewed by over 80million people) also in twitter, in his town halls etc etc. He also directly asked the Russians to hack Clintons email.... to say this didn’t affect some of the electorate is just wishful thinking.

4. Fake News and outright lies, Trump is a master at this and has made himself unaccountable for anything he says. Why this adds to the legitimacy question is that he was able to make outrageous promises that will never materialise and make statements about other candidates that were completely made up. This influenced a broad range of uneducated voters unduly that took everything he said as gospel. I just checked Politifact and only 4% of his statement were true. Yes that’s right 4%.....70% were mostly false and worse. Once again he duped people into believing he was something he isn’t.

The hypocrisy of the GOP is what is galling me at the moment it’s like they are drunk on power with control over the both houses as well they dont he care is an illegitimate President . I foresee Trumpski lurching for one scandal to the next, back tracking on ALL his promises and in two years time when the interim elections happen there will be a clear out of the GOP (like Obama in 2010 I think) they will lose the senate and maybe congress. Then the fun will start when proper investigations can be done.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Really, not only do you think this you actually posted it online! Wow.

Let me rephrase it for you to see it it makes it easier to understand.

Who cares if he mocked a disabled reporter person or group that was causing him some embarresment? I am neither disabled or a reporter so have no empathy at all for them. Once he doesn't talk about me like that and concentrates and other people the important thing is what does that have to do with Job Creation or Immigration or healthcare or ISIS?

Do you honestly think it is right for powerful people to use their position to publicly mock those that question them? And then when it is brought up to them use the media to lie about it. Do you think it right if you brought up some potential injustice that Kenny should be allowed to publicly ridicule you and your family? How about if you ever turn up a water protest or whatever, that they bring out stories on you to show you suck at football, or like porn? So instead of dealing with the issue you have raised they simply ignore it to make fun of you.

Because before you accept it for others you need to question would you be comfortable to be in their position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

And we're still over a week away from the inauguration. He's not even president yet and its a complete train wreck. After he takes power the infighting and squabbling will start in earnest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Really, not only do you think this you actually posted it online! Wow.

Let me rephrase it for you to see it it makes it easier to understand.

Who cares if he mocked a disabled reporter person or group that was causing him some embarresment? I am neither disabled or a reporter so have no empathy at all for them. Once he doesn't talk about me like that and concentrates and other people the important thing is what does that have to do with Job Creation or Immigration or healthcare or ISIS?

Sorry, how does this affect halting immigration and job creation?

Sorry, how does this affect halting immigration and job creation?

I didn't realise those were the only requirements for a powerful world leader.

Which jobs is he creating anyway. Good jobs, the best jobs?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement