Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlock an old o2 phone

• 09-11-2016 9:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone here might be able to advise.

I found an old Nokia 5130 xpressmusic phone in mint condition at home and I was hoping to use it as a spare phone. However it is locked to o2 and I don't know how to go about getting an unlock code given that o2 are no more in Ireland.

I'm not a 3 customer so I don't think there's much point contacting them about it and I doubt they could help anyway.

Is my only option to go through a website and pay (quite a lot relative to the phone value) to get it unlocked?

Any suggestions greatly received!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,895 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

3 should be able to unlock it. I've had several O2 handsets unlocked by them before. Alternatively there are sites online that'll do it, or eBay may be cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    3 should be able to unlock it. I've had several O2 handsets unlocked by them before. Alternatively there are sites online that'll do it, or eBay may be cheaper.

Thanks for the reply. Were you with three when you asked them to unlock the o2 handset?

I'm with Vodafone so there's less chance I imagine that they would help me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Its an online form.

https://apps.three.ie/contact_form/unlockcode

Fill it out with the o2 number if you know it. They dont hold a grudge because you're with Vodafone now.

Advertisement