Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycotton 10 2017

Options
  • 09-11-2016 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Hello

Does anyone know when registration will open? Early December, maybe?

Determined not to miss it this year :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

December 8th was the date last year. You can enter by post if you miss out on the online reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Think it opened at 2pm last year so I was camped on the website from 1:45 onward & actually got to register around 1:59!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Website says details will be posted on 1st December
    www.ballycottonrunning.com

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭noelearly

Entry this Wednesday for online entry's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

can't access the site. arrgghh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

dont-panic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

This is horrible. I got to put my details in with a message on the top of the page saying "congratulations on securing your spot" and then it crashed going to the next page.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

503 Panic Service Unavailable

Someone forgot to feed the hamster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭webpal

i keep getting site cant be reached

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

Seems to have closed. I got as far as entering my details twice, but thereafter the page crashed

ah ffs. I got as far as the page where it says register, pressed the button and it froze. Now the button to register is gone. I'll have to try again at 8.

Don't forget Club members can still enter tomorrow and Friday or afterwards by post.

Finally got a page up, it seems to indicate that the first 1000 places are gone, the green Register button is gone

Might just post my entry!

I'm curious to know did anyone actually get to register?? I'd be amazed if it wasn't just crashing for everyone, can't imagine how anyone would have got through that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I got past the register page and actually as far as the checkout ...

.. and then it crashed.

Same as, thought I was finally through when I got to put in my credit card number and then it crashed. Rage.

zulutango wrote: »
    I got past the register page and actually as far as the checkout ...

.. and then it crashed.

F5 F5 F5. I got as far as the checkout entered my card details, and got a 502 error. I refreshed the page and got a confirmation number.
    2017 challenge - can you run Ballycotton faster than it took you to register?

Too late... So for all I know I'm in??

• Advertisement

Too late... So for all I know I'm in??

I don't know - possibly. Did you get a confirmation email?

A friend texted me to say he got in just now.

Also, I see a message on the Ballycotton Running home page saying they are in touch with Primo to sort out the technical difficulties and to be patient.

I got in just now.

Seems fine now,

2017 challenge - can you run Ballycotton faster than it took you to register?

Well, took me 1h20m to register - I'll be having a bad day if I can't beat that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just got in there for a friend. I'm not going to bother this year, as I'm doing other races, but damn, that site is slow.

People are still getting in so keep on trying if haven't gotten in yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Just got in a few minutes ago too....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

From ballycotton:

An additional 1000 registration will be made available this evening Wednesday 7th at 8pm. We expect this to be a little quieter so if you have friends or relatives who you were not able to register please try again at 8pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Gavlor wrote: »
    From ballycotton:

An additional 1000 registration will be made available this evening Wednesday 7th at 8pm. We expect this to be a little quieter so if you have friends or relatives who you were not able to register please try again at 8pm.

:D just being trying for the last hour have been kicked out of the server more times than TbL has passed through Dublin Airport :rolleyes:

Advertisement