Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycotton 10 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

FBOT01 wrote: »
    :D just being trying for the last hour have been kicked out of the server more times than TbL has passed through Dublin Airport :rolleyes:

Apologies, as my post infers it's only for my friends and family

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

50 mins and managed to get a spot this evening. That system is very very slow. Couldn't get my friend in. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭johndoe11

Appear to have registered here, got to the confirmation screen and confirmation number, but no confirmation email. Am i registered? My mate got an instantaneous email from primo.

Cheers.

appear to be no problem with website now, worth trying again.

I just went in and registered my friend. But I got a confirmation email straight away but I didn't get one when I registered myself earlier on.

I have the confirmation number so hope that the system is just updating the back log and this may explain the delay.

• Advertisement

Just had a look at my online banking, it's a pending transaction so all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

Just got in:D. Less than a 120 places left when I was in the queue .

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mdlb

I'm In..... Twice!!!

Site crashed as I entered my card details and I went again.....
    Worked the second time and then I got two confirmation mails!

Was on to Primo to throw one back.. so that should free up a spot for someone else

Looking forward to this as I got in this year but couldn't make it on the day.

mdlb wrote: »
    I'm In..... Twice!!!

Site crashed as I entered my card details and I went again.....
    Worked the second time and then I got two confirmation mails!

Was on to Primo to throw one back.. so that should free up a spot for someone else

Looking forward to this as I got in this year but couldn't make it on the day.

It wouldn't allow me register twice. I never got a confirmation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Gavlor wrote: »
    Apologies, as my post infers it's only for my friends and family

Well what do you know turns out we're friends as I know we're definitely not family :p

I'm in!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Just registered two entries just now, but site said they were down to last 10 entries. Should be good for club entries for the next two days (8th and 9th).

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Begs

I tried from 8pm to 8:45 entering my details repeatedly as it kept timing out. Gave up in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭vinny1313

Didn't even get close to registering at 2 or 8, rubbish rural internet mustn't have helped, hopefully will have better luck tomorrow or friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Do you just click on 'online entry' on Ballycotton running promotions for club entry? IU've been clicking away and it just says 'no entries available' and it's ten o'clock now!!!!!

ETA: It opened a minute after this and I registered three people in no time! No waiting for the order to go through etc. Hurray! We're in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

I was tied up with something yesterday so a friend was taking care of registering, judging by the flood of texts he had a lot of grief but finally got it sorted sometime before four.

Impressive number of comments on the dodgy registration site on the Running in Cork blog!

I THINK we're booked in? Got the confirmation page and an order number etc. but haven't got the confirmation email yet. Did the rest of you get emails?

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I THINK we're booked in? Got the confirmation page and an order number etc. but haven't got the confirmation email yet. Did the rest of you get emails?

Send Primo an email with your confirmation number. I never got an email last night after booking so sent them a screen grab of my confirmation number. Got an email around lunch time to day with confirmation and an apology for the delay

Send Primo an email with your confirmation number. I never got an email last night after booking so sent them a screen grab of my confirmation number. Got an email around lunch time to day with confirmation and an apology for the delay

Brill! Thanks! Did actually do that at lunchtime today, so maybe I'll hear from them tomorrow.

Thanks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I know it's not for a month, but does anyone by any chance have a course description (maybe from their report on years past?) (I don't mean a map -- I'm terrible with maps! :))

I remember the bit out of the village, and the bit past Ballymaloe, and I know there's a hill at about mile 8, and I remember the run into and through the village, but any more detail would be v appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

I know it's not for a month, but does anyone by any chance have a course description (maybe from their report on years past?) (I don't mean a map -- I'm terrible with maps! :))

I remember the bit out of the village, and the bit past Ballymaloe, and I know there's a hill at about mile 8, and I remember the run into and through the village, but any more detail would be v appreciated!

Search the cork running blog it's on it every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

The course is shaped like a lassoo - three miles out of town, around a four mile loop, then three miles back to town the way you came out. Sharp downhill in first half mile, then undulating for another mile. The course is then quite flat except for the net uphill closing mile and a half, finishing up the same hills you cruised down earlier.

My Garmin trace from last year: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1075602052

Race report: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98979983&postcount=1581

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tipping

This is one of my regular long run loops. Descriptions above are spot on.
    Only thing I'll add is the last 1.5 miles is a bit of a pain. It is undulating, goes up, flattens out, goes up, flattens out a few times. You keep thinking you're at the top of the hill but then there's another one. The hills aren't even steep but it does feel like a long drag at that point.

Other than that the start is really busy, streets are narrrow and you'll have gone the guts of a mile before you'll be able to get into your stride if you're starting anyway back.

Murph_D wrote: »
    The course is shaped like a lassoo - three miles out of town, around a four mile loop, then three miles back to town the way you came out. Sharp downhill in first half mile, then undulating for another mile. The course is then quite flat except for the net uphill closing mile and a half, finishing up the same hill you cruised down earlier.

My Garmin trace from last year: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1075602052

Race report: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98979983&postcount=1581

Thanks so much! That's fab! See you there? what kind of time are you going for (she said, checking out the competition :)).

tipping wrote: »
    This is one of my regular long run loops. Descriptions above are spot on.
    Only thing I'll add is the last 1.5 miles is a bit of a pain. It is undulating, goes up, flattens out, goes up, flattens out a few times. You keep thinking you're at the top of the hill but then there's another one. The hills aren't even steep but it does feel like a long drag at that point.

Other than that the start is really busy, streets are narrrow and you'll have gone the guts of a mile before you'll be able to get into your stride if you're starting anyway back.

Brill, thanks! I love the start, because of the song, all the crowds etc, and then Dick Hooper from Raheny is usually on that hill at 8 miles, so I have to look good there, and then I think, even thought there's more than a mile run in to town the straight road, and all the support once we get to the church(?) / school (?) and all the way in to the finish should keep us going!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭28064212

What's the start time for the race?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

28064212 wrote: »
    What's the start time for the race?
    13:30pm - All info is in the Race packs, inc race numbers, which should be dropping in people's letterboxes from Monday next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Condo131 wrote:
    13:30pm - All info is in the Race packs, inc race numbers, which should be dropping in people's letterboxes from Monday next.

I think there may have been a problem with my address during registration. In all the confusion I think I may not have entered my complete address. I did email the registration company be I got no reply. I should have followed it up but I just forgot all about it. Will I be able to sort this out on race day if my number doesn't arrive? My name is on the list of entries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Got my number in the post yesterday.

Advertisement