Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote Control

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Howdy,

A word of warning to anyone that has 3rd party software on the Harmony for smart home stuff ,the latest software update removes and makes redundant this 3rd party software- version 4.15.206 is the new update

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

it was mentioned already, but got lost a bit back..

folks seemed a bit concerned about alexa/google home and the like, these aren't affected, it's the likes of Systems such as Vera, Domoticz, HomeSeer, HA-Bridge, Home Assistant and many more

list is quoted from here if anyone wants to read more about what's affected

https://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/index.php/2018/12/19/logitech-harmony-firmware-4-15-206-breaks-home-automation-systems/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Is there a URL or IP I can block to stop my two updating?

mossym wrote: »
    it was mentioned already, but got lost a bit back..

folks seemed a bit concerned about alexa/google home and the like, these aren't affected, it's the likes of Systems such as Vera, Domoticz, HomeSeer, HA-Bridge, Home Assistant and many more

list is quoted from here if anyone wants to read more about what's affected

https://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/index.php/2018/12/19/logitech-harmony-firmware-4-15-206-breaks-home-automation-systems/

My bad,had a link to put up but forgot it

• Advertisement

Is there a URL or IP I can block to stop my two updating?

Try here

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/logitech-harmony-removes-local-api/85523

Thanks, have the following blocked in Pihole

svcs.myharmony.com
    content.dhg.myharmony.com
    logging.dhg.myharmony.com
    myharmony.com
    sus.dhg.myharmony.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Was having problems with Alexa controlling tv

Is it the update that's causing this?

Was having problems with Alexa controlling tv

Is it the update that's causing this?

No, Alexa uses the cloud not local API

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Latest version of HA Seems to use websockets now ...thank god, my elite is arriving today

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

So got this today and I've run into a few problems. It won't turn on my ps4. When I start the ps4 it controls the interface and Netflix app but when I go into skygo it stops working?

Can't get it to change inputs.

Can't get it to control the sound on my q acoustics M4.

Am I doing something different wrong or is it just limited in what it can do?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

So got this today and I've run into a few problems. It won't turn on my ps4. When I start the ps4 it controls the interface and Netflix app but when I go into skygo it stops working?

Can't get it to change inputs.

Can't get it to control the sound on my q acoustics M4.

Am I doing something different wrong or is it just limited in what it can do?

Sony does not permit any remote other than their game controller to power on the PS4

Sony does not permit any remote other than their game controller to power on the PS4

Balls.

Should it work with skygo?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Balls.

Should it work with skygo?

No idea, don't have a PS4

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Logitech have actually launched an adapter in the US which now allows Harmony to turn the PS4 on/off:

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Receiver-Logitech-Harmony-Control-4/dp/B01K3VMBM0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545569645&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4+harmony+adapter

Also sounds like it might solve Mantis Toboggan issue with Skygo app.

Unfortunately not available in UK/Ireland yet and I'm not sure if the US one will work here. But might be worth checking out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Wondering if any one could help me with this
    I have 3 activites
    TV with Amp
    Netflix Xbox one with Amp
    Movies Linux PC with Amp

The linux pc has kodi on it and I have a vpn running on it which netflix xbox one uses's.

So when I switch on the activity xbox one to watch netflix I then have to go to devices and switch on the mini pc.

Is there any way I can map a button to do this.? While it uses very little power I'd prefer not to have it on 24/7
    I have it setup in the harmony app as a mediacentre pc. So when I try and add it into the actvities it messes everything up on the xbox front.
    Any help guys would be appreciated on mapping a button.

Lads I'll be sending back the remote as it's overkill for my situation next week but if anyone wants it in the mean time for €140 send me a pm.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone noticed their Harmony Ultime a little slow lately? I've reset mine and it still seems to lag for half a second longer than it used to. Very annoying. Notice it particularly with sky q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭jones

Only me so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Got the Elite during the week. Liking it so far.
    Can it be used to control Smartthings lights? Be very handy if it could.

Had also decided in the past few minutes that it's not paired with the Shield, even though it's still there as a Bluetooth device on the Shield. Removing and adding again didn't fix it.

Got the Elite during the week. Liking it so far.
    Can it be used to control Smartthings lights? Be very handy if it could.

Had also decided in the past few minutes that it's not paired with the Shield, even though it's still there as a Bluetooth device on the Shield. Removing and adding again didn't fix it.

It does ya

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/205653834-Logitech-Harmony-Home-Hub

A resync between remote and hub is the first thing I will always do when the remote starts acing up or not doing what I expect even delays etc. with button changes
    And the ususal advice would be to turn shield on and off after that also if it didn't fix it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Yeah, rebooting the Shield and removing it and re-adding it a few times sorted it.

Had used those instructions to add Harmony to Smartthings, but couldn't figure out the reverse. Sorted it out a few minutes ago though - set my location to US in the Harmony app, and Smartthings appeared as a Home Control device.

Had issues with the volume on the remote so resynched it again.

However when I press the volume up button it goes up in double figures so it gets loud.

Any fixes for this.. Googling as I type

Had issues with the volume on the remote so resynched it again.

However when I press the volume up button it goes up in double figures so it gets loud.

Any fixes for this.. Googling as I type

Sounds like it's sending the signal twice or getting a delayed signal. Bouncing off a wall or glass maybe? You can adjust individual devices to use either the hub only or one of the IR blasters only, you do this on the remote itself. I have to do this with my receiver, I have IR blaster 1 pointing direct at it and only it sending IR.

Sounds like it's sending the signal twice or getting a delayed signal. Bouncing off a wall or glass maybe? You can adjust individual devices to use either the hub only or one of the IR blasters only, you do this on the remote itself. I have to do this with my receiver, I have IR blaster 1 pointing direct at it and only it sending IR.

It's weird cause its just the volume up not down
    Since i did the learning feature with TV remote this only occurred.
    Still searching for a solution as soon as I get the tv back from junior ðŸ˜

Managed to fix it had to link tv remote volume button again. I think on the initial synch i kept my finger on the volume up remote and thus harmony remote was going up in double digits

Had to delete activity for watching tv and I have lost all my favourites

When I go into the activity and it has 49 out of 50 channels. I click on edit and then next and brings up the activity

It has Ireland but I cannot put in my cable supplier Virgin so that I can select my favourites. I can select activity and location Ireland but I cannot put in a provider and its saying provider note listed show all channels and then I have to manually put in the channel number for them

There must be a way of adding them as I have done it before with no issue?

Anyone on Virgin Media Ireland using this able to add favourites?

Posted over on the Logitech forum and they are useless. When I go to select TV provider and choose Ireland no option to select favourites etc so have to add them manually and not in order and some don't even appear.

I don't have any other activity set up to include favourites just wondering am I alone with this problem?

I have the Sky set up with my remote so dont know about Virgin.
    However,the last time Sky changed the channel line up etc. it took 2 to 3 months for the changes to make it through to the menu choice within the Harmony set up.
    It could be the case when they changed from TV3 to Virgin
    Have you synced your remote back to the Hub recently ?

• Advertisement

I have the Sky set up with my remote so dont know about Virgin.
    However,the last time Sky changed the channel line up etc. it took 2 to 3 months for the changes to make it through to the menu choice within the Harmony set up.
    It could be the case when they changed from TV3 to Virgin
    Have you synced your remote back to the Hub recently ?

Synch it a few times as change some activities. Its not the channel change its Virgin itself.

See the below image

https://ibb.co/sqVFWhg

No Provider listed for Ireland so cannot add channels. I know you can only have favourites on one activity but I have none. Previously it would provide a list of providers and choose virgin and channels would come up and you could add favourites and synch these to the remote

No such option now?

Advertisement