Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym parking early in the morning

Options
  • 09-11-2016 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

I sometimes attend the early classes and used to cycle in. With the onset of winter I'm prob going to drive but I've been caught out sometimes blocked by gates.

The external gates open at roughly 6.30 but it really depends on when they get there. Then there's the internal gates too. I've no idea how I can get to the gym car park before 6.30 without being blocked by one of these.

is there a guaranteed way in prior to 6.30? I normally use the Richview/Newstead entrance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭omicron

Ranjo wrote: »
    I sometimes attend the early classes and used to cycle in. With the onset of winter I'm prob going to drive but I've been caught out sometimes blocked by gates.

The external gates open at roughly 6.30 but it really depends on when they get there. Then there's the internal gates too. I've no idea how I can get to the gym car park before 6.30 without being blocked by one of these.

is there a guaranteed way in prior to 6.30? I normally use the Richview/Newstead entrance.

The N11 gate never closes. The internal gates don't close til 7am. Also any time I've ever gone for the Newstead gate at night it was open, I think it's open 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

Ranjo wrote: »

For the gym the gate your looking for is the Newsstead gate has both the UCD logo on it & the leinster rugby logo. It is one of the two gates which are always open the other being the main N11 gate.

Google street view of it https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3090203,-6.2374117,3a,75y,57.39h,84.49t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s9_s8uQYGqAKYMXsvkqZ3zg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

OK great thanks. I was using the other gate a bit further down where the AIB bank is, which I mistook as the Newstead gate. This one only opens 6.30ish.

Advertisement