Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie mountain biking spin-Saturday 26th November- Ticknock

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I'd be interested in the wicklow way spin I've been meaning to do it for a while now. I'll more than likely be sandbagging but I'll start out with ye no bother.

Is it a loop spin you have in mind or point-point

A gaggle of rug rats to consider so participation may be time dependant. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

I was thinking point to point for the first spin...
    Dropping transport to glandalough to see what i was up against.
    Did it years and years ago so would like to reccy half of it before committing to a full spin...say summer would be better for the full trip.

Sounds like a plan I may read up on those links Colm they may be enough to out me off. I got the mtb for the down hill bit ;)

Anybody know the way ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Here's another account of doing the WW https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1041430129259451&id=443581442377659&substory_index=0

Colm, might see you on that intro spin.

• Advertisement

Anybody know the way ;D

I'll be following you :D

Well holy shiiitee.. 130kms offroad and I won't mention the climbing :eek:

I'm packing the tent :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

It seems like the second half after Glendalough is pretty boring. I think a weekday would be best so as not to annoy too many walkers..

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭jmrc

if you are doing the Marley park to Glendalough, you need to start very early at this time of year due to walkers. especially if there are a few of you... by the way much more fun going Marley to Glendalough than the other way around... plus you can have a well earned pint in Laragh waiting for your lift...

Did the whole thing a couple of years back, stopped over in Glenmalour. second half was painful with not as much technical stuff and some killer road sections, still I'd think I'd do it again.... on the hard tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

i ll be out Saturday morning at ticknock for 8:30 - 8:45 kinda have a route in mind, dont use strava so just kinda pieced it together, rode it last Saturday, takes about 2 hours ish
    http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1373805961

• Advertisement

I registered an interest on the MAD spin but not sure i can commit to the times tomorrow....

Levi i cant open your link but might be interested in joining you as it fits my time schedule better.
    Send me a pm with your number ive to drive to Waterford so wont be near the phone for a few hours ill make up my mind on the journey if thats alright with you?

Advertisement