Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munich to St. Anton by train

Options
  • 09-11-2016 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Quick question - Has anyone traveled from Munich to St. Anton by train? Is it difficult, or should I rent a car?

or from Salzberg to St. Anton

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

cormee wrote: »
    Hi,
    Quick question - Has anyone traveled from Munich to St. Anton by train? Is it difficult, or should I rent a car?

or from Salzberg to St. Anton

I've gone from Zurich to St Snton a few times no issues and an amazing train ride through the alps.. my mates have done the train from Munich and you have to change at one station other than that no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

It takes between 4 & 5 hours with 2 or 3 changes (from the Airport & changing at Kufstein)

Check out www.bahn.de for all the info on all train journeys. If there's a group of ye, you could get a group ticket for the Germany leg of the trip.

Driving would take just over 3 hours. Reports of delays at the border and the time it would take to pick up your rental, I'd say you might be quicker on the train in total.

We've always flown to Zurich for St Anton, it's just over 2hrs drive away.
    Salzburg is a 3hr train or drive away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭a148pro

Also done Zurich - book your ticket in advance on Austrian website and its very cheap, think it was 40 euro return for me. But think aer lingus flights used to arrive slightly too late to catch the train, not sure if that's changed. Train from airport to zurich hb and then on to St anton brings you right to centre of town

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

according to Wikipedia it appears you go via Innsbruck

I looked up
    https://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml

and put in munich airport and st. anton am alberg and it seemed to come up with a result

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭fmlarnapairce

useful info here on train travel

• Advertisement
Advertisement