Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Honest question but do you think a multi millionaire hosting a fancy party for his/her millionaire friends would have plastic bottles lying around?

The party Yaya was at was probably done by a catering agency and everything was probably laid out.

You mean the plastic bottles they come in? Catering agency? Ah here what party was he at with jugs of coke done by a catering agency. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

GSPfan wrote: »
    You mean the plastic bottles they come in? Catering agency? Ah here what party was he at with jugs of coke done by a catering agency. :)

A party where Sports people are at, we're they won't be drinking. Clearly there's going to be glasses/jugs with different refreshments. Talk about such a pointless argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

A party where Sports people are at, we're they won't be drinking. Clearly there's going to be glasses/jugs with different refreshments. Talk about such a pointless argument.

Oh dear

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Professional sports people should not be drinking (or eating) any processed products they do not easily know the source of.

Even standard foods like meat need to be traceable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Where did you see that he was at a party with sports people and looked after by a catering company? I only read in his statement that he was at a party and he drank from a drug that he thought was non alcohol coke?? Or is it filling In the missing gaps to suit your opinion?

He was more then twice over the drink drive limit he was drinking brandy and coke and no other ifs and bits will change that if it was a normal person he would be shamed.

Can people not understand that different refreshments go into different containers? Not every one is sluggin from the coke bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

So the party where they won't be drinking has jugs of vodka and Coke lying around the place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

So the party where they won't be drinking has jugs of vodka and Coke lying around the place?

Allegedly

Can people not understand that different refreshments go into different containers? Not every one is sluggin from the coke bottle.

Only one person said this so it's not people but yhh he was drinking from a drug it still don't take away from the fact he was twice over the limit and claimed he didn't realise it.

I think he knew well what he was doing but made up the story of the coke so that he aint admitting to intentionally drinking alcohol which is against his religion imagine the shame on him from his family. Certainly more plausible then not tasting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I've seen a fair amount of people bending over backwards to try and defend players that play for a team they support down the years, but this is not far off some of the posters in the Suarez racism thread.

It was actually brandy and coke judging by his statement which is an even stronger taste.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Where did you see that he was at a party with sports people and looked after by a catering company? I only read in his statement that he was at a party and he drank from a drug that he thought was non alcohol coke?? Or is it filling In the missing gaps to suit your opinion?

He was more then twice over the drink drive limit he was drinking brandy and coke and no other ifs and bits will change that if it was a normal person he would be shamed.

I never mentioned a catering company, I assumed there would be one of two like wise sports persons at the party, he should be ashamed of himself. I said he made a mistake and I belive him.
    I am not standing up for what he has done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Someone spiked the punch bowl.

That's 'the dog ate my homework' excuse for teenagers caught drunk by their parents.

It's not surprising that it's the best Yaya Toure could come up with, he has form for being a bit of a child. But I worry for any adult who not only doesn't find it funny he'd use such a stupid excuse but actually believes it! Parenthood may not be for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jeez, roll on the Boro game.

See here we are arguing about yaya and the pool player is not even been discussed anymore see how they did that...

#conspiracy

• Advertisement

Korat wrote: »
    Someone spiked the punch bowl.

That's 'the dog ate my homework' excuse for teenagers caught drunk by their parents.

It's not surprising that it's the best Yaya Toure could come up with, he has form for being a bit of a child. But I worry for any adult who not only doesn't find it funny he'd use such a stupid excuse but actually believes it! Parenthood may not be for you.
    Throwing personal digs at me to try and win.If you can't stay on point don't bother.

Can't they have both?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Jeez, roll on the Boro game.

Six points from next two games and the pool game could be for 4th place.

Can't they have both?

No they be over the limit for driving.

jayo26 wrote: »
    No they be over the limit for driving.

Yep got me there

• Advertisement

We need a football match, good God we need a football match. Anyone else reading the last few pages have the same feeling?

CeMzzqz.gif

Anyway, here are all of Paul Scholes 22 league goals from outside the box...

https://twitter.com/SemperFiUnited/status/814366863803105280

I had forgotten a fair few of them, nice to see them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I've seen a fair amount of people bending over backwards to try and defend players that play for a team they support down the years, but this is not far off some of the posters in the Suarez racism thread.

No one is defending him really. We haven't a clue what happened. Of course it's all bull**** the whole world of multi million players is a world of bull**** where players don't even know how to tax their cars.

stankratz wrote: »
    We need a football match, good God we need a football match. Anyone else reading the last few pages have the same feeling?

CeMzzqz.gif

Anyway, here are all of Paul Scholes 22 league goals from outside the box...

https://twitter.com/SemperFiUnited/status/814366863803105280

I had forgotten a fair few of them, nice to see them again.

One I love that Gif and 2 ah the memories what a class player he was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

adox wrote: »
    That's not an opinion at all though. I mean if you say " I don't think Liverpool will finish in the top 4" and when asked why you hold that opinion you say "because football is unpredictable and anything can happen" that's not anywhere near an opinion on the question asked. Sure I could say I think Chelsea will get relegated this season and if someone asks me why I hold that view, come back with "footballs unpredictable...". It's just nonsense.

Your last line above is the only bit of insight you have shed into why you hold that view.

Oh and you still haven't answered why you felt the need to refer to me as "love".

My opinion is what I want it to be, logical or illogical. According to your logic, Chelsea will win the league, the top 4 will stay as is, the bottom 3 will get relegated. Couldn't be arsed discussing this anymore to be honest. Take of it what you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    My opinion is what I want it to be, logical or illogical. According to your logic, Chelsea will win the league, the top 4 will stay as is, the bottom 3 will get relegated. Couldn't be arsed discussing this anymore to be honest. Take of it what you want.

Obviously he is asking if you have anything other then your instinct/gut feeling, whatever you want to call it, to feel so strongly that Liverpool will not make top 4.

It is also ok to simply hold that opinion for no other reason then your instinct but just say that, no need to argue about it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Awhhh that goal against Villa.. Sweet mother of fcuks.. Drooltastic!!! ❤️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

People are blinded by hatred and rivalry. The simple fact of the matter is that over the course of the 1st half of the season Liverpool are there or there abouts. If they continue with their form they will get top 4. I also think we will too.

I think City and Chelsea will make up the other numbers and Arsenal will fall off a cliff.

But hey its just My opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pheonix10 wrote: »

You haven't discussed it, that's the point. Don't put your opinion out there if you aren't prepared to say why you hold that opinion when asked.

A complete waste of time with some petty snipes thrown in. Well done.

Jorge Mendes saying a Chinese club offered to pay €300million for Ronaldo. Holy Moly.

Ronaldo was offered €100million a year.

Fair play to Real for turning it down but thats a sickening amount of money for all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/814611415503814656

The Chinese need to chill with their money :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Real Madrid saying a Chinese club offered to pay €300million for Ronaldo. Holy Moly.

Fair play to Real for turning it down but thats a sickening amount of money for all involved.

Real Madrid taking the moral high ground.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

People are blinded by hatred and rivalry. The simple fact of the matter is that over the course of the 1st half of the season Liverpool are there or there abouts. If they continue with their form they will get top 4. I also think we will too.

I think City and Chelsea will make up the other numbers and Arsenal will fall off a cliff.

But hey its just My opinion

I think only the most deluded of fans would say LFC are unlikely to get top 4 tbh.

Most of us can recognise what they look like at the minute. The mental fragility that has dogged them for years seems to be gone and that's down to Herr Klopp. I will be absolutely staggered of they don't get top 4. I will say however that this year is their best chance of getting it. Ourselves and City have had new managers this year and a lot of changes in terms of onfield personnel so I think this time next year both of us will be much better off points wise than we are. We also have substantially more funds at our disposal. Chelsea of course have a new manager too but the squad is in the main the same as last year.

Barring a complete capitulation or a massive injury crisis then them and Chelsea will IMO be 100% in the top 4.

I think ourselves and City will join them.

Real Madrid saying a Chinese club offered to pay €300million for Ronaldo. Holy Moly.

It's mental over there. Like the premiership bubble on steroids. They'll be bust before they've had the boom, the rate they are going at. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just checking out the morning papers,Chelsea want Chicharito....feck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'd say that's just willy waving tbh. No team could turn down a transfer fee of that amount for any player.

Except Daniel Levy.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

If you want the best player in the world, you need more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

zerks wrote: »
    Just checking out the morning papers,Chelsea want Chicharito....feck off.

As heartbreaking as it would be, I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a return to the premier league. Incredibly underrated player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rod Munch wrote: »
    I think only the most deluded of fans would say LFC are unlikely to get top 4 tbh.

Most of us can recognise what they look like at the minute. The mental fragility that has dogged them for years seems to be gone and that's down to Herr Klopp. I will be absolutely staggered of they don't get top 4. I will say however that this year is their best chance of getting it. Ourselves and City have had new managers this year and a lot of changes in terms of onfield personnel so I think this time next year both of us will be much better off points wise than we are. We also have substantially more funds at our disposal. Chelsea of course have a new manager too but the squad is in the main the same as last year.

Barring a complete capitulation or a massive injury crisis then them and Chelsea will IMO be 100% in the top 4.

I think ourselves and City will join them.

I think this year is the first year that all teams in the top 6 are averaging above 2pts per game after Christmas week.

It's hard to see much more improvement on that for the top 6.

Id say when Real heard the offer they looked at Ronaldo and said "You interested?". He laughed and said "Of course not". They then were like "Yeah neither are we". Probably dyin to take the money.

• Advertisement

So the Chinese really do own the whole world that is just mental.

Would Chico really come to play 2nd fiddle to Costa, didnt he leave us to get first team football

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

So the Chinese really do own the whole world that is just mental.

Would Chico really come to play 2nd fiddle to Costa, didnt he leave us to get first team football

Think it was more a case of leaving to actually play football. Moyes pretty much left him on the bench until the 85th minute or so and LVG had no time for him after the 4-0 loss to MK Dons.

Still sickened that we sold him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lindelof wasn't even in the Benfica squad for their match tonight.

https://twitter.com/PortuBall/status/814576040416841728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

astradave wrote: »
    Lindelof wasn't even in the Benfica squad for their match tonight.

https://twitter.com/PortuBall/status/814576040416841728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I wasn't in the Benfica squad for tonight's match.

Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I think Liverpool will still fall away a little down the stretch and finish somewhere between 5th and 7th, I don't see evidence of the mental fragility being gone yet, time will tell on that one as will the strength of their squad imo, this will leave them down eventually. The style of football and the nature of English football lead me to think like this. I could be wrong of course, but with how competitive the top of the league is I just see them missing out, even without the European games to contend with, same as I do Spurs because they are Spurs basically, when the going gets tough later in the season I expect them both to falter.

I think the top 4 will be made up of Chelsea, City, Arsenal and ourselves if we can maintain consistency, but I feel it will be a dogfight between ourselves and Liverpool. It would not shock me to my core or anything for them to finish above us and in the top 4 but I would be surprised. If we can stay in touch with the leaders coming in to the home straight we will have a great chance. Make no mistake, if Liverpool stay clear of injuries and maintain the level they are at over the second half of the season they will be battling it out for the title come the final few weeks and then it will obviously be a huge task to dislodge them, I am not sure there is another team that vulnerable in the top 4 either. Arsenal will probably qualify, tough to back against them not doing it when they always do and it is unthinkable that City will fall out also. Chelsea need about 12 wins and 2 draws to secure the title imo so no point in worrying about them dropping out.

We may actually finish this season in 5th place but having played really well to do so!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/814567922878312448

Don't know if they reliable but it seems memphis is going somewhere this window anyway. Been a massive disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

i no im going to p##s of bangkok but anyone else feel blind could do carricks job ?
    he's slightly faster,more vision going forward and defensively,read's the game as well as carrick and is much better under pressure.....

It'd be great if the Lindelof transfer was still on. I have been a massive fan of the boy for a good 10 days now.

Seriously though, despite the RoJones renaissance I still think the squad needs one more CB be it in January or next Summer. If that CB is attainable in January, then why not. He should be well bedded into the club by the start of next season and it will be less business to attend to in the SUmmer.

Jones, Rojo, Bailly, Smalling, Blind, Lindelof. Tuanzebe a possibility from the youths as he was called into first team training before Christmas. Out of the first 5 names there, would it be fair to say that Blind is the least natural CB? That despite deputising well there for us in the past, perhaps he is of better use to the team at LB? Even DM, should we get to see that again.

Of those names, there isn't an evident Rio, Vidic, Stam, Terry, Carvalho, Gallas, not yet. However, Jose has made effective pairings from Jones, Rojo, Bailly, Smalling, and Blind. I wouldn't put it past him to find/create another CB gem or two from those names when given the time with the players.

Interesting that the club aren't being linked with big money moves for the likes of Varane, Silva, Chiellini, Ramos, Boateng. Jose is looking for another Bailly apparently, and that is more than fine with me.

jambofc wrote: »
    i no im going to p##s of bangkok but anyone else feel blind could do carricks job ?
    he's slightly faster,more vision going forward and defensively,read's the game as well as carrick and is much better under pressure.....

I wouldn't think he's faster than Carrick or has more vision. He does have good positional sense most of the time but Carrick has a brilliant knack of knocking the ball off the opposition which is one of his greatest and most underrated strengths.

Neither are anything but a short term solution though imo. I'd trust Carrick more than Blind but neither against the stronger teams.

Lindelof is a fantastic name. I keep thinking he's one of the knights of the round table from Monty Python And The Holy Grail.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement