Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

adox wrote: »
    Lindelof is a fantastic name. I keep thinking he's one of the knights of the round table from Monty Python And The Holy Grail.

I keep Imagining it as a cheap beer from lidil...

Or the writer on TV show Lost, Damon Lindelof, a show which promised much but delivered little on that by its conclusion. He was also responsible for the final script for the movie Prometheus. A movie I was looking forward to but left the cinema afterwards feeling a little sillier for watching.

Hopefully Victor Lindelof, if signed, will bring redemption for the Lindelof name. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Exactly what I think of when I hear his name, Lost and the anger it brought

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Lads, the first 3 seasons of Lost were brilliant. We can sell him in year 4.

All new to me I never watched lost :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Watch his other show The Leftovers. More depressing than Moyes reign but a good show

Unearthly wrote: »
    Watch his other show The Leftovers. More depressing than Moyes reign but a good show

That's actually my favourite show of the last few years. The acting is top notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

stankratz wrote: »
    Or the writer on TV show Lost, Damon Lindelof, a show which promised much but delivered little on that by its conclusion.

How dare you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Lads, the first 3 seasons of Lost were brilliant. We can sell him in year 4.

Nah you are remembering it wrong, season 2 was awful as a whole as they had to pad it out with filler episodes. One was Hurley running around the forrest chasing his imaginary friend.

If you all want a perfect show then watch Spartacus. No time travel or parallel universes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lost was awesome and I loved the ending.

Spartacus is also brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

If United don't have a 'buy back' clause after selling Chico for a paltry £8M then I just give up on the Board.

The way United play currently I feel would totally suit the guy compared to the lethargic BS Moyes and Van Gaal produced. It still annoys the f*ck out of me he was allowed to leave and for such a small fee when he produced goals.

Regardless of his ability overall, you need players like him who deliver. Pedro is a perfect example at Chelsea, not good enough to be a first teamer but will still score when needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

If the last two seasons of Lost were a dog you'd have to put him down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Does Herrera not play further up the field? Would that not mean he is going to be in a much better position to provide key passes and interceptions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Does Herrera not play further up the field? Would that not mean he is going to be in a much better position to provide key passes and interceptions?

He roves imo, he has so much stamina and never seems to tire even though he presses from the front right to the back. He's like an upgraded version of Three lung Park.

From what I've seen of Kante this season it seems he does the same.. pressing and intercepting all over the park with Matic having a fixed position, I'm open to clarification on that though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If United don't have a 'buy back' clause after selling Chico for a paltry £8M then I just give up on the Board.

Buy back clauses seem non-existent in English football, for some reason. I, too, would love if we did, but I reckon the majority of "big" English clubs seem to think once they sell a player, especially one past 25, then there's no real point of buy backs. Also, I reckon clubs buying the player will fight any such clauses, so when we're trying to facilitate players moving away from us, we don't seem to push for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Forbetdelsen(The Killing) is probably my favourite show along with Breaking Bad.

Just to keep it on topic it will be interesting to see the team selections for the next two games considering their close proximity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

astradave wrote: »
    He roves imo, he has so much stamina and never seems to tire even though he presses from the front right to the back. He's like an upgraded version of Three lung Park.

From what I've seen of Kante this season it seems he does the same.. pressing and intercepting all over the park with Matic having a fixed position, I'm open to clarification on that though.

I thought that Herrera would have a relatively high position in a heat map for the season but I thought Kante played beside Matip in a DM two.

Maybe your right though because I haven't seen as many Chelsea games as United ones this season.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I thought that Herrera would have a relatively high position in a heat map for the season but I thought Kante played beside Matip in a DM two.

Maybe your right though because I haven't seen as many Chelsea games as United ones this season.

He would probably have a high position on the heat maps as United are attacking considerably more than defending this season. Kante would be the most comparable player to Herrera in the league, the lad is a terrier, he doesn't sit and wait, he chases everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Shaw back fit but fit enough to start. Rooney still out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

astradave wrote: »

hmm that's disappointing.

He needs a loan move desperately

Headshot wrote: »

Judging by sound of jose he won't loan him but he may sell him of the right offer comes in.

Headshot wrote: »

I'd say he has asked to be sold, same as Morgan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jose also ruled Rooney out of tomorrow's game, and said no bids have been submitted yet that we would accept.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Definitely looking to sell. I think his wages are outrageous. Take anything they can get and get rid asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If he has asked to be sold, that's fair enough

I would of preferred a loan move and then see how he gets on and judge it in the summer. He may come back a transformed player and utd may still want to sell we could get more money.

We'd be lucky to get over 15m now tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Balls opening up a can of worms from yesterday :)

https://www.balls.ie/football/roberto-firmino-drink-driving/355460

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

depay will be sold for probably half what we paid for him. a total flop for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

bangkok wrote: »

Been a "dead ball" expert might help in getting some of the cash back :D

• Advertisement

Been a "dead ball" expert might help in getting some of the cash back :D

here is a video of all the free kicks he scored for us.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'd hope for more than 10m for him really...

Liam O wrote: »
    I'd hope for more than 10m for him really...

i would say in the region of 14m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Hopefully the board or whoever did the deal learns a valuable lesson.
    Straight in at no.7
    Ridiculous wages
    Unproven
    Bad attitude

Can't stand the sight of him. He thinks he is the next Ronaldo because he had a decent season in the Dutch league?
    F***k off

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I really wanted Memphis to succeed but he always looked like he couldn't be arsed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

We'd easily get 18-20 million for Memphis
    He's what 22/23 bags of potential and all that
    No reSin to the k we couldn't get that
    If wba offered 18 for Mo and it's rejected you'd think an other English club would offer that much for Memphis

Oh howya Sam ,what's that 25m and a payment into a Cayman Islands bank account in the name of your first cousins wife's fathers dog... DONE

Come on if a team is foolish enough to pay 16 million for balotelli we can surely get more then that for memphis he still has bags of potential and don't seem to be a trouble maker.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Come on if a team is foolish enough to pay 1y million for balotelli we can surely get more then that for memphis he still has bags of potential and don't seem to be a trouble maker.

he is on massive wages and thats why the transfer fee wont be high

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

jayo26 wrote: »
    Come on if a team is foolish enough to pay 16 million for balotelli we can surely get more then that for memphis he still has bags of potential and don't seem to be a trouble maker.

Pity Celtic don't have any money.

Rodgers loves a loose cannon that plays by his own rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Hopefully the board or whoever did the deal learns a valuable lesson.

I'd rather they looked back at the Martial deal if they wanted to learn some lessons.

• Advertisement

I'd rather they looked back at the Martial deal if they wanted to learn some lessons.

martial is class

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How big can they be?

Rooney is on massive wages, i would be surprised if his basic wage was even half Rooney's. More like 2/5ths.

Most Premier League teams can afford that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Realistically if we got 30 million sterling for Memphis and Schneiderlin combined we would be doing well

DM_7 wrote: »
    How big can they be?

Rooney is on massive wages, i would be surprised if his basic wage was even half Rooney's. More like 2/5ths.

Most Premier League teams can afford that.

not really, memphis is probably on 100k or more a week, to put that into perspective, Everton are about to smash their wage structure and give Lukaku 100k a week. Alexis Sanchez is on 130k a week at arsenal. Depay will have to take a massive hit on his wages wherever he goes unless

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ya,maybe some Chinese club wants to do a deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Robson99 wrote: »
    Realistically if we got 30 million sterling for Memphis and Schneiderlin combined we would be doing well

I would be hoping for a bit more .MS is proven in the league so should be looking for a decent wedge of the fee paid back.20m isn't huge cash anymore and there is plenty of teams that he would walk into no hassle.
    Depay has plenty of talent and is still very young so you would be hoping a team will take a chance on him but there doesn't seem to be many rumours of teams wanting him.

I hope Jose is a bit more stubborn when it comes to transfers.United have been a bit of a soft touch when it comes to transfers the last few years .

I'm quite disappointed in how Memphis' time at United has turned out. The hype when we signed him was huge and rightfully so. Granted, the PL may be a level higher than Eredivise, but worst case Ontario I wasn't expecting his United career to turn out just this bad after the form he showed at PSV.

Only for the fact that United signed Angel DiMaria, Memphis would be my most disappointing signing at United in recent times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Shouldn't accept less than 40m for the two of them combined.,

stankratz wrote: »
    I'm quite disappointed in how Memphis' time at United has turned out. The hype when we signed him was huge and rightfully so. Granted, the PL may be a level higher than Eredivise, but worst case Ontario I wasn't expecting his United career to turn out just this bad after the form he showed at PSV.

Only for the fact that United signed Angel DiMaria, Memphis would be my most disappointing signing at United in recent times.

Tee hee :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

not really, memphis is probably on 100k or more a week, to put that into perspective, Everton are about to smash their wage structure and give Lukaku 100k a week. Alexis Sanchez is on 130k a week at arsenal. Depay will have to take a massive hit on his wages wherever he goes unless

Probably less than 100k.

His basic would probably be similar to Bolasie or Lukaku now. It wouldn't be a massive hit to his wage to earn a top level wage at another premier league club.

His wages are not high enough to stop a good transfer fee if a team rates him highly. He is marketable, plays a position/role that attracts a premimum, age, potential for improvement all factor into the fee.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement