Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

United are looking to sell morgan close to the fee they signed him for and rightly so, he is premier league proven, im actually disapointed we didnt see more of him in a utd shirt as he will do well with whatever club signs him next.

Depay on the other hand, depay was signed for 25m, only showed glimses of what he can do, his attitude on the pitch seems very poor and his decision making is shocking, combined that with high wages for a young player i think we will do well to get 14-15m for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

We can only hope that a chunk of the Memphis fee was in add-ons etc and they we may not have to pay them (maybe there was an appearance based add on which might explain why we haven't seen much of him - same with Morgan??)

Money back from Morgan, High sell on % or buy back for Depay (on top of whatever fee we get) would be preferable for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

stankratz wrote: »
    worst case Ontario

What comes around, is all around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

GSPfan wrote: »

Indianapolis Jones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I had such high hopes for Schneiderlin. Was delighted when we signed him and thought he was a perfect addition to our midfield. It's a real shame it didn't work out.

Herrera on the other hand has been going from strength to strength. He's every bit as important to the team as Carrick has been, albeit in a different way.

Get ourselves some cover for Carrick now and we are well stocked!

Both Morgan and Memphis going to Everton in January would be a handy deal, get two birds stoned at once. It's not rocket appliances.

Both Morgan and Memphis going to Everton in January would be a handy deal, get two birds stoned at once. It's not rocket appliances.

20 bucks for to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Jose has a much better strike rate already in the transfer market than his two predecessors so I'm not really concerned who comes in or out during this transfer window. This boss knows what he's doing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Korat wrote: »
    Jose has a much better strike rate already in the transfer market than his two predecessors so I'm not really concerned who comes in or out during this transfer window. This boss knows what he's doing. :)

Well in fairness if your signing one of the best strikers in the last 10 years+ and giving him £200k+ a week and paying £90m for another guy you'd be expecting them to do well:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Well in fairness if your signing one of the best strikers in the last 10 years+ and giving him £200k+ a week and paying £90m for another guy you'd be expecting them to do well:D

He fairly pulled Bailly out of the sky all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Despite recent performances I would have Baily over Rojo ever day of the week. Rojo still feels like an utter liability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Zlatan was a steal at the princely sum of zero pound. Every player at a big club gets paid well, no real need to mention wages there.

You can spend a lot of money on a player that doesn't work out.
    Bailly and Mkhitaryan both look to be top signings too.

His signings have been impressive so far,

I thought he was fairly highly regarded with Espanola? I'd also argue he hasn't really had much game time due to injury but has looked good when he has played.

Not if you're a LFC on a Utd thread you wouldn't.

Zlatan was a steal at the princely sum of zero pound. Every player at a big club gets paid well, no real need to mention wages there.

You can spend a lot of money on a player that doesn't work out.
    Bailly and Mkhitaryan both look to be top signings too.

His signings have been impressive so far,

Was it not reported Ibra got a massive signing on fee?

Mkhitaryan has had three brilliant seasons and i really think he'll be your best signing looking back in a few years.

Edit: I think I read your post wrong. I was just mentioning wages because if your giving a player that level of wages you know he's going to be decent.

Not if you're a LFC on a Utd thread you wouldn't.

That doesn't even make sense? When have I ever said neither would do well?

I have said Pogba hasn't done as well as expected but has done ok all the same.

ah he wasnt out of the sky in fairness, he was excellent in la liga with villerreal and was already an ivory coast international player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

bangkok wrote: »
    ah he wasnt out of the sky in fairness, he was excellent in la liga with villerreal and was already an ivory coast international player

Right, but Depay, Schneiderlin, Di Maria, Falcao, Schweinsteiger etc weren't exactly unknowns and all flopped. Right now, it's looking like 4/4 for Jose, which is really good. Won't maintain at that level, but it's bodes well nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I'd rather they looked back at the Martial deal if they wanted to learn some lessons.

Eh?
    They paid a lot but he has been a success no question. Still years and years left in him.

• Advertisement

MUTV is free on sky at the mo for some reason for some.

Right, but Depay, Schneiderlin, Di Maria, Falcao, Schweinsteiger etc weren't exactly unknowns and all flopped. Right now, it's looking like 4/4 for Jose, which is really good. Won't maintain at that level, but it's bodes well nonetheless.

Depay is hugely talented and loads of clubs were after him. It's hard to know what went wrong but the guy easily could have made it.

Falcao was a little different though as he was only coming back from a serious injury so it was hard to know how he'd recover.

Schweinsteiger was coming near the end of his career but I thought he would do a lot more, although he was injured for most of his first season.

Schneiderlin plagued with injuries as well.

Di Maria, waste of space when the chips were down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

You never are certain of anything in the transfer market though. A lot of it is just denial and error.

But if we sell them for a large transfer fee then Jose has the right to say "I toad a so".

That doesn't even make sense? When have I ever said neither would do well?

I have said Pogba hasn't done as well as expected but has done ok all the same.

Apologies, I was generalising as I don't follow the opinions of individual posters.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Eh?
    They paid a lot but he has been a success no question. Still years and years left in him.

Am presuming he means that we structured payments based on his success, rather than all up front, so that deal can be learned from. If we had done Memphis similar, we wouldn't have been stung as much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/813315948325335040

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

They do that now and again.Usually **** all on it to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Everton should be knocking down the utd door for Morgan and Depay.

They especially need Morgan, what they have in CM is awful at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Nice to see Everton drop points. Hopefully we build the gap away from them and closer to the top 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

You never are certain of anything in the transfer market though. A lot of it is just denial and error.

But if we sell them for a large transfer fee then Jose has the right to say "I toad a so".

WBA reported today to have bid £13 million for Morgan. In a world where Bolasie goes for £30 million that is derisory.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

zerks wrote: »
    WBA reported today to have bid £13 million for Morgan. In a world where Bolasie goes for £30 million that is derisory.

Except context is important. Bolasie was a key player for Palace, who was coming off a good season and who they would not have wanted to be rid of. Schnederlin is a player who can't even make e bench for us and who we seem to be trying to get rid of. Of course Morgan will go for significantly less than Bolasie.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Except context is important. Bolasie was a key player for Palace, who was coming off a good season and who they would not have wanted to be rid of. Schnederlin is a player who can't even make e bench for us and who we seem to be trying to get rid of. Of course Morgan will go for significantly less than Bolasie.

Oscar is going for 50m and wasn't picked. I know China is a different story but still 25m should be gettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lord TSC wrote: »

The fact benteke went for the same money liverpool bought him for means we should easily make our money back with Morgan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

13million is a low ball offer and rightly so it was rejected.He cost 24m and even though it hasn't worked out he is 27 and was one of the best cm's in the league 2 years ago.
    United should be holding out for close to what they paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Its simple enough, he has a value and he should not be sold for less then that. Putting down those markers in the transfer market may not bring amazing results in this particular deal but it is important for future dealings and will stop a lot of the stupid low ball bids for players and up the overall value we get for players in the long run.

Of course he will most likely go for a little less then we paid, but his value has not diminished much in all honesty.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jose says Memphis also asked to leave. Asking to leave has influenced how is not selecting him now and admits that they were informed a good offer would be made for Memphis.
    “I have to say that in the past couple of months my decisions in relation to Memphis were influenced by the feelings and information that he would like to leave in January and that we were going to have a real offer that we would be willing to accept,” Mourinho said. “That obviously influences me.

“The players who are not having many chances to play, we don’t have the right to stop them leaving. What we have is the power to say, ‘No, I don’t accept this offer’. Until now – zero.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/30/jose-mourinho-would-disaster-losezlatan-ibrahimovic-injury/

Ducker reckons the WBA offer for Morgan was 18 million.

Remember Steven Nzonzi formerly of Stoke? Currently tearing it up in La Liga and has a buyout clause of €30 million, City and Juve are both in the hunt for him.
    For that price we should be looking at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

No. I thought so too once, when he was at Blackburn I think. But no.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

it was 18m last week

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/23/west-brom-morgan-schneiderlin-manchester-united-bid

bangkok wrote: »
    it was 18m last week

Jamie Jackson knows nothing so.

• Advertisement

Woodward must be getting the hang of things by now so I'm hoping for some good returns on the unused goods in the inventory. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Jamie Jackson knows nothing so.

Jamie Jackson knows nothing for around two years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

DM_7 wrote: »
    Jose says Memphis also asked to leave. Asking to leave has influenced how is not selecting him now and admits that they were informed a good offer would be made for Memphis.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/30/jose-mourinho-would-disaster-losezlatan-ibrahimovic-injury/

Ducker reckons the WBA offer for Morgan was 18 million.

That was my theory about why Mata played less before he left Chelsea, United were determined to buy him and Jose knew he was leaving.

I can't see how any club will offer the same amount that Utd bought them for.
    Depay or MS can't get in the squad...never mind team. It's clear that Utd are looking to sell although Jose doesn't want to say it.
    They are probably on big wages between them and eventually they will be sold at last minute whatever best deal comes.
    I'd say both will go for between 13-20 million each

I can't see how any club will offer the same amount that Utd bought them for.
    Depay or MS can't get in the squad...never mind team. It's clear that Utd are looking to sell although Jose doesn't want to say it.
    They are probably on big wages between them and eventually they will be sold at last minute whatever best deal comes.
    I'd say both will go for between 13-20 million each

Why do wages matter? Assume they would both take a huge cut if they actually really wanted to move.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Why do wages matter? Assume they would both take a huge cut if they actually really wanted to move.

Huge wages and not getting a sniff near the starting squad....

If I was another club I'd be thinking... utd will sell eventually. Not this early but I guarantee they will sell ...and it won't be for what each was bought for.

Winston Bogarde is the original example of the wage being too good to leave.

Up to the player and his agent of course but if they're being paid a wage they could never get or increase on at a future club, why move?

Of course wages matter, look at bastian sweigsteiger, perfect example. Happy to take home 250k a week at United and not play.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Winston Bogarde is the original example of the wage being too good to leave.

Up to the player and his agent of course but if they're being paid a wage they could never get or increase on at a future club, why move?

Its Memphis and Morgan. They are not on prohibitive wages for other clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Happy new year you bitches ye all know nothing :):)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement