Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Great to get the result, but still, couldn't cope with doing it like that every week

would have been bulling if Zlatan's disallowed goal cost us points

There really needs to be proper evaluation of refereeing performances and whatever they do then, whether it's training or demotion or suspension or what, the FA need to do something.

Even aside from the poor ref display we should have been two or three up before they scored.

We have to be more clinical.

Masterclass in tactics from the bowld Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

To say I went a bit mental when Pogba scored would be understatement.

GET IN!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

Great subs, finally some threat and positive changes when a game is not going our way. We played fantastic but it was just one of those days. Changes made by Jose were critical to this result

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thats the sort of win that probably does better for the team's mindset than a boring rout would have. Fighting back against a parked bus, with a referee who is giving you less than nothing, and getting a hard fought win. Brilliant.

And the best part was that even at 1-0 down, I actually found myself confident we could still win. Not just scrap a draw, but actually win. I love Jose for reinvigorating that belief.

Martial easily MOTM which was brilliant to see again, but they mentioned on Sky, and it's true, we've finally got multiple match winners on the field; Ibra, Pogba, Martial, Mata, Mkhi and Rashford. That's one hell of a fun line up.

Buzzing after that. So happy with that. Jose has made watching United actually fun again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

What a f**king mental game!!! Just what we United fans needed before the New Year :p

To say I went a bit mental when Pogba scored would be understatement.

GET IN!!!!!

I roared the house down.

Pregnant Mrs RM was not impressed.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

What a feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Welcome back, MUFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jose with the positive subs that looked like costing us the game but we end up winning it. ****ing great.

Mason was beyond awful. Boro had a free reign to give fouls away without any cards. Enough has been said about Ibras goal. Of the three peno incidents he got two right, not a peno for Rashford or the Boro player but what about Martial? A shocking challenge. Stone wall peno every day of the week. And the ridiculous free for the high foot from a Utd player when a Boro player did a diving header to clear the ball? He should have action taken agains him for that display.

Anyway I feel ****ing great. The camera going up to Fergie after Utds second goal couldn't have been more apt.

• Advertisement

Its days like these where I wish I was at Old Trafford. The fans must be electric right now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mkhitaryan did very well again. Fair play to Pogba him and Martial were great, Rashford and Mata too. Sad for Ibra not getting the goal, Valdes and Traoré were bloody great for them today, Traoré was everywhere on the pitch Valdes looked unbeatable at times, ref was muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

adox wrote: »
    Season defining 15 minutes here you feel.

I've booked marked that post for later in the season !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Cool as a cucumber when the second went in
    I expected the second as soon as martial scored
    I was asking for the third to bury the match

Last season we don't win that match and pre December it's a draw

Things are on the up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Kudos to Mourinio he made very clever substitutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mkhitaryan did very well again. Fair play to Pogba him and Martial were great, Rashford and Mata too. Sad for Ibra not getting the goal, Valdes and Traoré were bloody great for them today, Traoré was everywhere on the pitch Valdes looked unbeatable at times, ref was muck.

If Traore can get some consistency and improve his finishing he could go on to be an excellent player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Pogba stood up when needed.

Anyway posting rubbish about Martial as in recent weeks about loans and whatever else - made look stupid.

I loved our FIFA 17 team that we ended the game with - minimum defenders, maximum attack.

deadybai wrote: »

He would have been slated for bringing Rojo on a couple of months ago. But he's a changed player. Loving him atm and his passion.

We need to see Jones and Rojo back on Monday!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

That win was so satisfying :)

Thought they were pretty obvious personally. Blind booked with their threat on that side and Mata better at breaking defensive lines then a Fellaini (who did fine today but became obvious we didn't need him with Boro playing like that ). Then going three at the back after going behind.

I guess the warming thing for me is he is doing it. Earlier in the season was making a bags of his decision making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Dunno who to support in the next game . Would nearly prefer a Liverpool win as we are pretty much aiming for top four and it's easier to catch City. Plus I hate City more than Pool. Who's everyone 'shouting' for? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

deadybai wrote:
    Dunno who to support in the next game . Would nearly prefer a Liverpool win as we are pretty much aiming for top four and it's easier to catch City. Plus I hate City more than Pool. Who's everyone 'shouting' for?

The draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rod Munch wrote: »
    I roared the house down.

Pregnant Mrs RM was not impressed.

:pac:

My 15 week old with a cold told me off no end when pogba bulleted in that winner!!

Pleased with Martial, Pogba and Micky. Even Fellaini was ok.

Probably Blind and Bailly were our worst performers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dunno who to support in the next game . Would nearly prefer a Liverpool win as we are pretty much aiming for top four and it's easier to catch City. Plus I hate City more than Pool. Who's everyone 'shouting' for? :pac:

Hedge your bets and don't support anyone. Then no matter what the result you win :pac:

We did all we could and got the 3 points. Hopefully this is the weekend where results around us go our way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Great to see players looking like themselves again. Martial was class, Rashford and Mata were brilliant when they came on.

That's the kind of win you want for a Mourinho team. He will hopefully milk everything out of the players on the back of that.

Shouting for no one really. Any result is potentially fine with me as I believe Chelsea are the only team out of sight of us.

Feel a Liverpool win. Been saying since season started hat City team is over rated and that defence is abysmal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

TheDoc wrote: »
    Thought they were pretty obvious personally.

Problem with the previous two managers was often not making the subs the team was crying out for, bringing on the wrong player, or bringing on the right player far too late. Can't think of many occasions where you could say either of them used the bench effectively. Many times we got caught out on the break late on or couldn't break down teams defending in numbers. It's been years since we've been turning games around late on. Great to see the team never giving up when everything including the officials seem against them.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Draw after late 22 man brawl resulting in points deductions and long bans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I was so frustrated throughout the game cause I was thinking how could the same thing happen over and over again.

Amazing feeling now though.

Oh and the ref was annoyingly dreadful.

On a negative note, Blind was really awful. Fair enough he's not the quickest and had a speed merchant against him but even allowing for that he was awful going in both directions.

His continuos crossing made Valencia look like Beckham they were that bad.

Herrera was pretty poor too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The highest point in 2016 according to Jose was the day he signed as United manager.

RobertKK wrote: »
    The highest point in 2016 according to Jose was the day he signed as United manager.

To think of the faux outrage at the start of the season and even after the Liverpool game by the usual and some on here about negative football etc.

It's been far from perfect and is still a work in progress but it's been a blast watching it and made a nonsense of those lazy comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

He took a sly shot at the ref there saying it would've been 3-1 if Fergie was in charge ie he wouldn't have had the stones to disallow Ibra's goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Best match thread in a few weeks. Lovely win. Buzzing. Only 48 hours till we go again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

On a negative note, Blind was really awful. Fair enough he's not the quickest and had a speed merchant against him but even allowing for that he was awful going in both directions.

What did Herrera do wrong to label him poor? Just curious. I would call his performance average and Blinds poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Every time the ball comes to Herrera 25-30 yards out... "Please don't shooo...aggggh"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Middlesbrough players feeling hard done by and thinking they deserved something from the game!

Get a fookin grip. Blessed you had a referee clearly on your side and a forcefield around your goal line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

TheDoc wrote: »
    Shouting for no one really. Any result is potentially fine with me as I believe Chelsea are the only team out of sight of us.

Feel a Liverpool win. Been saying since season started hat City team is over rated and that defence is abysmal.

Agreed Liverpool could do them today.

I'd be rooting for City or the draw.

Yes we got the much needed result in the end, but we can't let that farce of a refereeing performance float by like nothing. One of the worst I've seen in a very long time.

Ibra's disallowed goal, the countless fouls going uncarded, the 2/3 penalties we should have got, the time wasting by Valdes and I'm sure there's even more.

I swear referees should get suspended for performances like that. But anyhow, 3 points :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

To think of the faux outrage at the start of the season and even after the Liverpool game by the usual and some on here about negative football etc.

It's been far from perfect and is still a work in progress but it's been a blast watching it and made a nonsense of those lazy comments.

Yep that entire game today was very Fergie esque. Very much within the attacking and exciting finishes culture of the club

Nalz wrote: »
    What did Herrera do wrong to label him poor? Just curious. I would call his performance average and Blinds poor.

I thought he got caught on the ball a few times which is criminal when playing as the deepest midfielder. Also thought his passing was poor for a lot of the game and his shooting was points more than goals. He's had a great season a Utd so far and is an automatic starter of course but he does have these type games in him which is why I would never see him as a successor to Carrick and always have him further forward with Pogba and hopefully a new player behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

There was a blatant pass back and all in that game in the first half. Referee was shocking. For me the challenge on Martial when he was in on goal and ended up injured was a stone wall peno.

Yes we got the much needed result in the end, but we can't let that farce of a refereeing performance float by like nothing. One of the worst I've seen in a very long time.

Ibra's disallowed goal, the countless fouls going uncarded, the 2/3 penalties we should have got, the time wasting by Valdes and I'm sure there's even more.

I swear referees should get suspended for performances like that. But anyhow, 3 points :D

I thought there was only one real peno shout for us but it was as stone wall as they come. How he missed the challenge on Rashford beggars belief.

GSPfan wrote: »
    There was a blatant pass back and all in that game in the first half. Referee was shocking. For me the challenge on Martial when he was in on goal and ended up injured was a stone wall peno.

The free he gave against Bailly when he nicked the back off the player in front of him and the foul given against Martial in his own half when he went tumbling with the Boro player. I could go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

the constant fouling from Boro players and Mason was letting it all go.It was only in injury time he decided to book one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

I thought there was only one real peno shout for us but it was as stone wall as they come. How he missed the challenge on Rashford beggars belief.

The challenge on Martial after he shot and the Rashford one you mentioned are the two ones that I felt were stone wall penalties. There was 1 or 2 other dodgy tackles in the box that could have been penos but those two were the main ones i feel

A draw is my preference for the late game.

Followed by a City win.

Let Chelsea keep as much a gap as possible.

Welcome back Anthony Martial.

5 wins in a row. 16/18 points in December 2016 to make a very promising conclusion to a year which started in the toilet.

Happy New Year to you all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Still buzzing and absolutely delighted with how the team is playing.

Jose has done a wonderful job so far.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement