Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

stankratz wrote: »
    Welcome back Anthony Martial.

5 wins in a row. 16/18 points in December 2016 to make a very promising conclusion to a year which started in the toilet.

Happy New Year to you all.

Was thinking manager of the month, then I remembered conte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Martial class. Don't ever doubt him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Pool hit the front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

stankratz wrote: »
    5 wins in a row. 16/18 points in December 2016 to make a very promising conclusion to a year which started in the toilet.

If I stay on the craft ale then next year is going to start in the toilet too ;)

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Headshot wrote: »
    Still buzzing and absolutely delighted with how the team is playing.

Jose has done a wonderful job so far.

Makes some change from last season watching us being a goal down and playing umpteen passes backwards.This season we actually try to get results.

Jose remembered that Hayley is doing the studio coverage of the game.:pac:

manchester-united-manager-jose-mourinho-reacts-on-the-sidelines-after-picture-id630721322

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Hopefully teams start to get the feeling now that coming to us and sitting back probably won't get you the joy it would have over the last couple of years. A bit of fear factor has been missing and it would be great to get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

That felt good, like the United of old. Dug deep and got the points. Whatever you're at tonight lads have a good one. Onwards to 2017!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Nalz wrote: »
    My 15 week old with a cold told me off no end when pogba bulleted in that winner!!

That 15 year old paying rent? If not then get him/her out on there ear :)

To be fair some really good performances again today, thought Mkhitaryan got a little sloppy in the second half but hopefully someone has a word with Herrera and his balloon shots

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/815240533698375681

Best game of this season from Tony M.

duffman13 wrote: »
    That 15 year old paying rent? If not then get him/her out on there ear :)

To be fair some really good performances again today, thought Mkhitaryan got a little sloppy in the second half but hopefully someone has a word with Herrera and his balloon shots

I mean, I'm generally with you, but he said 15 week old. They generally need a few more weeks because they can survive out of the streets on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Hopefully City turn things around like they did vs Arsenal. Routing for just the draw of course

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Feels like an important performance by Martial. Getting closer to a definitive XI.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Presently I would say Smalling is at number 4 in the CB pecking order.

3BBC8BEC00000578-4078328-image-a-1_1483204019105.jpg

3BBC8E9500000578-4078328-image-a-149_1483202934330.jpg

What a waste of money...............lol.

The French connection...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Giggs won't be Swansea manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Im actually delighted we didn't get Pep, imagine the defence with him in charge

astradave wrote: »
    Im actually delighted we didn't get Pep, imagine the defence with him in charge

He will get them right eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

He will get them right eventually.

I actually disagree on what I have seen so far this year pep looks very one dimensional when it comes to tactics and substitutions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

jayo26 wrote: »
    I actually disagree on what I have seen so far this year pep looks very one dimensional when it comes to tactics and substitutions

Yep.

He has had two teams that could generally outscore the opposition at will so defense was never a problem.

He does not have that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

A win on Monday would just be lovely

• Advertisement

He will get to buy who he wants to get his plan A working. Writing him off is silly, same as when people were writing Mourinho off. City still have lots of passengers in that squad that need to move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

the endless money to spend Im sure he will get the players in that he wants.Im not saying he will replicate his Barca days but I wouldnt write him off yet.
    Didnt he want 2 or 3 more players in the summer who Im sure were for defense where he seems to have the biggest problems.

Saying that Im glad Jose was the manager United appointed.He looks to be the right man for the job.

I'm having a little chuckle here.

Earlier on in the season we were the subject of much merriment from some Enoch Old Pussycats for parking the bus, for hoofball.

Yet over the last few games they have been involved in there has been hoofball and bus parking.

But Klopp is a genius for changing his tactics to suit the opposition.

Who'd have thought a manager would change tactics depending on the team they are playing.

Apparently its only busted flush managers that do things like that, until Klopp does it.

Seriously, the level of myopia from some people is beyond parody.

Its just delightful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Endless money can not buy a working defence look at the players they have bought and they still dont have a solid back four.

They must have spent the guts on 200 million on center backs and they looking like van dijk could be the next addition to it but the way he has set them up the center backs are constantly exposed and look unorganised you could put ramos and godin in that team and they still would be soft defensively.

• Advertisement

Jose always wanted to be manager of United.
    Pep is being paid a reported £20 million a season, and City is not a glamour team like his previous teams. Not many footballers grow up dreaming of playing for City, unlike teams like United, Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona and dare I say it even Liverpool who have a far more glamourous history than City.
    Teams like Arsenal and Chelsea have the bonus of being in London.
    City pay an excellent wage, but where is the glamour and prestige?

RobertKK wrote: »
    Pep is being paid a reported £20 million a season, and City is not a glamour team like his previous teams. Not many footballers grow up dreaming of playing for City, unlike teams like United, Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus, Barcelona and dare I say it even Liverpool who have a far more glamourous history than City.

The only reason they are where they are is because of us.

They always have been and always be the ugly step sister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Endless money can not buy a working defence look at the players they have bought and they still dont have a solid back four.

Was never a big fan of Joe Heart but this decision alone was enough for me to know pep really doesn't understand the premier league and all he's done after this howler is prove he still doesn't understand it or is not willing to adapt to it and it's going to be his down fall.

zerks wrote: »

some of his long range passing today was unreal and he makes it look effortless .A few he hit to Miki were unreal.
    Pity he ****ed up 2 or 3 short passes but no ones perfect :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

RobertKK wrote: »

Lol that is the biggest load of bollox I've ever read, most footballers don't care about the glamour and prestige. City were able to attract players like Silva, Aguero, Yaya, De Bruyne etc and they'll be able to attract more world class players with a manager like Pep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Rod Munch wrote: »
    The only reason they are where they are is because of us.

They always have been and always be the ugly step sister.

Lol... surely better to wait to start mocking them and Pep until the most expensively assembled team in the world overtakes them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jaysus City were absolutely gutless. Looked like they couldn't be arsed if it just didn't happen.

Liverpool weren't great but wanted it more and deserved the win. Awful game though.

Johner wrote: »
    Lol that is the biggest load of bollox I've ever read, most footballers don't care about the glamour and prestige. City were able to attract players like Silva, Aguero, Yaya, De Bruyne etc and they'll be able to attract more world class players with a manager like Pep.

Yeah but what have those mercenaries won?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Yeah but what have those mercenaries won?

2 Premier League's, 2 League Cups and an FA Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Can't believe there were some posters here recently doubting if Liverpool would finish in the top 4. I'm starting to hope that Chelsea just continue winning because Liverpool don't look like dropping many points in the near future.

adox wrote: »
    Jaysus City were absolutely gutless. Looked like they couldn't be arsed if it just didn't happen.

Liverpool weren't great but wanted it more and deserved the win. Awful game though.

Did either keeper actually make a save? Shocking quality from 2 top 4 teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Big game against Pool in two weeks

Point an Anfield looks an even better point now. Though let's never talk about Red Monday again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

3 points off 3rd place on new years eve. Who'd have thunk it :)

OH and Chelsea play spurs on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Just 3 points behind City now gives me a lot of hope.

Hopefully we see Spurs or Arsenal drop points tomorrow

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Lol... surely better to wait to start mocking them and Pep until the most expensively assembled team in the world overtakes them?

What does the current league position have to do with anything?

The fact of the matter is that they were bought out because Manchester is a global football brand.

The reason it is is because of United.

But thanks for playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

zerks wrote: »
    Did either keeper actually make a save? Shocking quality from 2 top 4 teams.

Probably not but Liverpool scored a lovely goal and never looked in any sort of trouble despite not playing great.

3 points off 3rd place on new years eve. Who'd have thunk it :)

OH and Chelsea play spurs on Monday.

Hopefully Watford and Palace can play outta their skins tomorrow and do us a favour .

Probably not but Liverpool scored a lovely goal and never looked in any sort of trouble despite not playing great.

Aguero didn't have a single touch in the liverpool box today... thats incredibly impressive.

• Advertisement

The post match panel needed Dunphy.:pac:

"Pep is a spoofer,a busted flush,the emperor has no clothes"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement