Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    No sign of spurs dropping points :/

Harry Kane is a beast, wouldn't mind him replacing Ibra eventually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »

Occasionally a beast

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I remember when some here thought £50 million was too much for Kane when the rumours were linking United with Kane back in 2015.
    Spurs won't sell and he makes them contenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Nalz wrote: »
    Occasionally a beast

Serious amount of goals, and getting better. Only 23 too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I think Kane will surpass Shearer's PL record. He's a top forward who will only get smarter at sniffing out chances. If he moves anywhere I'd say Old Trafford is his most likely destination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Serious amount of goals, and getting better. Only 23 too

I agree I think he will be excellent in 3 years or so.

A little inconsistent currently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Spurs are getting stronger as the season goes on. But they are gonna be in the Thursday Cup soon so they'll have to deal with that as ourselves have.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Nalz wrote: »
    I agree I think he will be excellent in 3 years or so.

A little inconsistent currently

20 goals in his last 22 away games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

adox wrote: »
    On MOTD now.

Lads my sky never recorded motd last night... what's the fastest way to get to see it?

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads my sky never recorded motd last night... what's the fastest way to get to see it?

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

20170101_150742.pngscreenshot windows 7

Not much to choose from them and I prefer Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    20170101_150742.pngscreenshot windows 7

Not much to choose from them and I prefer Lukaku.

I'd prefer Griezmann tbh. He is close enough to them too.. think he is better for the assists and key passes

Not to drag off topic but spurs must be a bit pissed that Chelsea have 24 hours more rest ahead of them
    That's where I'd expect us to gain the points once we do a job on west ham hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Haven't seen much of Griezman. Would he be quite similar to Aguero in that the has exceptional close control and touch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Wow no love for Mike Smalling today

And I was shouted down by everyone when I dared suggest he wasn't close to a top 10 Centre back in Europe a couple of months ago... only fourth best at the club now..

he left leadbitter in space yesterday for the boro goal.

As most have said today the team was set up so defensively last season he looked great but couldn't get into the worst England team in living memory ahead of the limited Cahill and Stones at the Euro's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

eagle eye wrote: »
    He went to the media and Mourinho talked about it and he has only played once since.

He is not as good as a lot of people seem to think. You sold a better defender to West Brom.

I can see Mourinho buying somebody in the summer if not this month. Smalling has no future at United imo with the main reason being the lead to the press. When you do something like that you are putting your own interests above that of the team and I don't think Jose Mourinho will have that going on in his dressing room.

I've always thought that he was overrated and two of my friends who attend five to six home games every year both think the same.

*edit never mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

brinty wrote: »

And I was shouted down by everyone when I dared suggest he wasn't close to a top 10 Centre back in Europe a couple of months ago... only fourth best at the club now..

As most have said today the team was set up so defensively last season he looked great but couldn't get into the worst England team in living memory ahead of the limited Cahill and Stones at the Euro's

You know how incredibly childish your post sounds? Do you feel vindicated in your opinions on him because he has got some criticism on here today by a couple of posters?

adox wrote:
    You know how incredibly childish your post sounds? Do you feel vindicated in your opinions on him because he has got some criticism on here today by a couple of posters?

I don't feel vindicated in any way

I've always said he's a limited player and people seem to be realising it now.

As you've said to others today "it's my opinion and I'm entitled to say it"

Isn't that the point of forums like this that people debate opposing points of view ...

What did he Leak to the press?

I'm open to correction but didn't Jose say he was fine to play,but wouldn't make himself available and then he came out and said he'd a broken toe??

• Advertisement

I don't feel vindicated in any way

I've always said he's a limited player and people seem to be realising it now.

As you've said to others today "it's my opinion and I'm entitled to say it"

Isn't that the point of forums like this that people debate opposing points of view ...

Of course it is and I've no problem with you holding an opposing opinion on him but it's just a bit cringe reading "oh people are finally copping on to what I said, I was right all along" type posts.

astradave wrote: »
    I'd prefer Griezmann tbh. He is close enough to them too.. think he is better for the assists and key passes

I think there is space for two top forwards of different qualities in the squad Griezman is more of a speedy winger/striker that can come in off the right and score goals and Lukaku of course is more of a central bully forward two totally different players. I agree I'd say Griezman is more likely at this stage.

Rewatched the goals from yesterday,stupid BBC commentator with his "they've resorted to long balls now" comment for Martial's goal.
    It was a superb chipped pass to the head of Zlatan which allowed him to cushion the header down for Martial to run onto without breaking his stride.The technique involved was brilliant from all 3 players.

zerks wrote: »
    Rewatched the goals from yesterday,stupid BBC commentator with his "they've resorted to long balls now" comment for Martial's goal.
    It was a superb chipped pass to the head of Zlatan which allowed him to cushion the header down for Martial to run onto without breaking his stride.The technique involved was brilliant from all 3 players.

Yeah I mentioned it last night. It took Shearer to actually give the due credit to the build up and finish.

I actually swore at the tv when I heard the commentator come out with that. :pac:

zerks wrote: »

Pogba was doing that all game with pinpoint accuracy i hate comments like that it's like stuff you find in a match thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I wouldn't use the judgement of any England manager as a stick to beat any player with.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Most of us are fickle.

Jose has a lot of support right now so if he decided to move Smalling on, people would support it now. It could work out like Welbeck or like Hernandez, that is the risk.

Smalling proved in the past he plays well when played on a regular basis. He is not playing regular ball now so a mistake yesterday can't be a surprise. I wouldn't like to see him leave unless its because of something going on outside of the matches we see.

beno619 wrote:
    I wouldn't use the judgement of any England manager as a stick to beat any player with.

Yea that's a very valid point 😋

It's more than implied in your OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

jayo26 wrote: »
    astradave wrote: »

I think there is space for two top forwards of different qualities in the squad Griezman is more of a speedy winger/striker that can come in off the right and score goals and Lukaku of course is more of a central bully forward two totally different players.  I agree I'd say Griezman is more likely at this stage.
    I wouldn't take Lukaku if he was the only choice. Kane has a far superior football brain and technical skills. I don't think Lukaku is much of a team player and I think his teammates don't really know what he's going to do much of the time. If he was in a United shirt I think he would be head-wrecking to be honest.

Giroud just did a Mkhitaryan. Wowzers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

GSPfan wrote: »
    Giroud just did a Mhkitaryan. Wowzers.

He topped it. Giroud's was way better. Incredible goal!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, that's incredible...

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Giroud with a scorpion goal there now....way better than Micky T's goal, onside too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

kop77 wrote: »
    Giroud with a scorpion goal there now....way better than Micky T's goal, onside too!

Hey lads look. Someone scored a better goal than your player.

• Advertisement

Proper clean hit too.. left the keeper with no chance

"Our scorpion goal was better than yours.." :pac:

They're scorpion goals. They were both ****ing epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Never....onside and all.. wow... must have made your day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

adox wrote: »
    "Someone else's team's player's scorpion goal was better than yours.." :pac:

They're scorpion goals. They were both ****ing epic!

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

Would not usually wish for a gooners win, but I'm currently last man standing and should they win, I stand to pocket €145.

• Advertisement

FYP

Ha. Only kopped that now. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It would be great if the teams ahead of us could start dropping points.

Doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

City dropped 3 yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

He really didn't though, the midfield left the defence woefully exposed for that goal, there were 5 players between the midfield and the back 3, leadbitter was in acres of space, Smalling was on Negredo, should have been way tighter alright but if the midfield track the runner it's never a goal.

Smalling/Jones/Rojo are almost interchangeable among fans, all are prone to a brain fart but all can look like world beaters on there day. What we need is one or two of them to actually add some consistency and we've a top notch player on our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Is there no match thread or Arsenal thread? Get a hobby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Christ it's incredibly harsh to go on about a debatable small mistake from a player playing the first game in months in a position that we all know takes a little while to get fully up to speed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

duffman13 wrote: »
    Is there no match thread or Arsenal thread? Get a hobby!

He must be gone out to the back garden in his full kit that he git from Santa practicing

How do you not remember City losing yesterday? :)

Also Spurs are taking on Chelsea soon and we have Liverpool after West Ham so plenty of points gonna be won or lost.

City play Burnley at home but then have Everton away, Spurs at home, West Ham away. Till be grand if we just keep winning ourselves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Top teams won't drop points every round.

We made up three on City yesterday. Just gotten keep winning our games. They will drop points sooner or later.

Anyone else having problems on mobile if the last post is the first post on the last page. It doesn't show up the last page until the second post goes on the page.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement