Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Although January I thought Girouds goal was slightly better.

Think miki's was a bit more difficult and it looked more spectacular

I like the way Girou played it down though very un french of him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

You'd expect Arsenal, City and Liverpool all to win against Bournemouth, Burnley and Sunderland in this round of fixtures, West Ham away is always a bogey one for us but at least Spurs (hopefully) and/or Chelsea will drop points. West Ham haven't been fantastic since the stadium move so that is good for us and hopefully Noble is out for them aswell. Carroll can be a handful up front so hopefully Jones and Rojo keep him quiet.

Id be fearful if Blind starts aswell, Antonio has been very good this season, and if he's played on the right he could cause Blind all sorts of problems, hes great in the air and is pacey to go with it. Might be a game for Darmian and even then I feel he could get roasted aswell.

Going forward we should cause them a lot of problems, hopefully Mkhitaryan and Martial stay out wide for us and Carrick comes back in for Fellaini, although I could see Fellaini getting the nod to try negate West hams threat in the air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Folks, I'm hoping to head over to a game this season.

Mrs RM is due mid April so the only realistic one is Watford on the 11th of February.

I've put up a request in the ticket thread but are there any sites out there that are reliable for tix?

Not sure how many I need, probably 2 or 3.

2 for Watford should be easy from a supporters club, but 3 us always hard for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Im expecting a win today,last few away performances have given us good wins and the team is looking confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Hammers not great at home
    United coming to town
    A run of results to be ruined
    Draw written all over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I see Martial getting another goal today. If we can get Martial to perform like he did against Boro regularly then we will start battering teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Win would be so so nice today would really be a perfect run of results and momentum going into the pool game and keep the pressure on city and spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

How the **** are we still 6th if City lose and we win!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    How the **** are we still 6th if City lose and we win!!

They call it goal difference. Unless there's an 8 goal swing, we won't be overtaking them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

They call it goal difference. Unless there's an 8 goal swing, we won't be overtaking them.

Solskjaer is coming out of retirement for todays game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

duffman13 wrote: »
    You'd expect Arsenal, City and Liverpool all to win against Bournemouth, Burnley and Sunderland in this round of fixtures, West Ham away is always a bogey one for us but at least Spurs (hopefully) and/or Chelsea will drop points. West Ham haven't been fantastic since the stadium move so that is good for us and hopefully Noble is out for them aswell. Carroll can be a handful up front so hopefully Jones and Rojo keep him quiet.

Id be fearful if Blind starts aswell, Antonio has been very good this season, and if he's played on the right he could cause Blind all sorts of problems, hes great in the air and is pacey to go with it. Might be a game for Darmian and even then I feel he could get roasted aswell.

Going forward we should cause them a lot of problems, hopefully Mkhitaryan and Martial stay out wide for us and Carrick comes back in for Fellaini, although I could see Fellaini getting the nod to try negate West hams threat in the air.

Blind not in the squad I'm pretty sure.Not sure why. I'm confident of a win today, West Ham were absolute dirt against hull at home recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gerrard on Pogba:
    I think he’s got better and stronger week by week. He’s obviously a phenomenal talent.

I think coming with that big price tag early on has weighed him down a bit and Manchester United weren’t in the rhythm but I think now they’ve found his best position.

I think [Michael] Carrick complements him so well and now we’re seeing the Paul Pogba that we all expected to see and he’s only going to get better and better.

He’s young, he’s leggy, he’s got all the tools in the bag and there’s no doubt about it he’s one of the best midfielders now and he’s going to get better which is a scary thought being a Liverpool fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

I was a bit p**sed off about us still being 6th after five wins on the bounce but I had a look at the table after 14 games compared to now after 19.

If you ignore Chelsea we were a combined 34 points behind the four teams ahead of us after 14 games. That difference is now 17 points. Should we beat West Ham it will be down to 13 or 14.

Assuming Chelsea won't be caught we have literally halved how far behind we are in the last five games.

Put another way if this pattern continued we'd be second after 25 games (it won't but it illustrates how much progress we've made in the last five weeks.)

I'm praying for an early goal today, nerves aren't able for a repeat of Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Genius right here.

zerks wrote: »
    Gerrard on Pogba:

Gerrard surprised me in his punditry role. Not just because he said nice things about United/Pogba but he was actually interesting to listen to.

I had a preconceived notion that he would be dull as dishwater and wouldn't be able to hide his bias. I don't think he was overcompensating in hiding it when talking about United, he was very fair.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Genius right here.

Ask a stupid question...

Gerrard surprised me in his punditry role. Not just because he said nice things about United/Pogba but he was actually interesting to listen to.

I had a preconceived notion that he would be dull as dishwater and wouldn't be able to hide his bias. I don't think he was overcompensating in hiding it when talking about United, he was very fair.

It used to sicken a Liverpool fanatic mate of mine when he mentioned striving to be as good as Roy Keane who he held as the benchmark for midfielders.
    Saying that,I find him hard to listen to,it's just his monotone drone that gets to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I was a bit p**sed off about us still being 6th after five wins on the bounce but I had a look at the table after 14 games compared to now after 19.

If you ignore Chelsea we were a combined 34 points behind the four teams ahead of us after 14 games. That difference is now 17 points. Should we beat West Ham it will be down to 13 or 14.

Assuming Chelsea won't be caught we have literally halved how far behind we are in the last five games.

Put another way if this pattern continued we'd be second after 25 games (it won't but it illustrates how much progress we've made in the last five weeks.)

I'm praying for an early goal today, nerves aren't able for a repeat of Saturday.

They're only 6 points ahead despite winning 13 games in a row and they've got Spurs away on Wednesday. Liverpool have a very good chance of catching them, unfortunately.

Aguero,Stones and Silva left out of the XI by Pep.If Jose did that there'd be uproar in the media.

J. Marston wrote: »
    They're only 6 points ahead despite winning 13 games in a row and they've got Spurs away on Wednesday. Liverpool have a very good chance of catching them, unfortunately.

I meant by us, can't see us making up 13 points and we're essentially chasing second so I left them out.

Could've explained myself better, apologies.

Aguero,Stones and Silva left out of the XI by Pep.If Jose did that there'd be uproar in the media.

The lads on Sky were having a pop at him. To be honest those kind of decisions tend to bite you in the ass. Hopefully today will be the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

https://twitter.com/jamesrobsonmen/status/815925832791293952

First I've heard of anything like that!

• Advertisement

Guardiola has dropped him at least once this season and you can see the frustration of Aguero at times in matches and it tends to be because the way the team are playing. Hopefully they have a big falling out and they sell him. You wont replace him easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

adox wrote: »

https://twitter.com/jamesrobsonmen/status/815925832791293952

First I've heard of anything like that!
    Apparently he is unhappy with the positions that he is being asked to play in, he prefers getting in the box (which is where he scores most) but he is being asked to play a Messi like role which he is unhappy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Highly unlikely but I really hope City or Liverpool drop points today. Would make our game even more entertaining and nail biting!!

That Carlos Soler guy looks like an average enough central midfielder in the youtube video i just watched. Seems to sit deeper and start moves from his own half. Might be just the usual made up story trying to get the guy a pay rise or if its true Jose might be trying to get him while he's still young and cheap. Selling Schneiderlin and Depay would almost guarantee a midfielder coming in so wouldn't be surprised if we buy someone like that guy. Not many superstars will be sold in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Would be great if Burnely could bring some of their home form to the ethiad today.

I have a good feeling about it.

JINXED! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I see axel witsel has turned down a move to juve to join a promoted club in China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Lee Mason having another stinker in the city game. He's such a poor ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mewe wrote: »

yup

How are they still allowed to ref at this level.

Do they even get a slap on the wrist for dreadful performances

Don't mention Defoe.....don't mention Defoe....

mewe wrote: »

I find it outrageous how the FA can punish players and managers but don't take actions with referees!!

Headshot wrote: »
    yup

How are they still allowed to ref at this level.

Do they even get a slap on the wrist for dreadful performances

He's looks like he couldn't give a flyin fuk. For a top tier league he's not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

City Red card :D

Fernandinho red card

Hopefully Burnley can capitalise

Fernandinho just got the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

For once I allow Lee Mason having a shocker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What a dirty horrible tackle

Very deserved red card

Deserved red.

He got the red card decision right in fairness to him but he's still absolute mook.

Taking down the Christmas decorations and enjoying the scores as they stand. Fully expect Pool and City to win but its nice to see them work for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

4 match ban is it now for Fernandinho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'm watching the pool game. What's mason done wrong?

Both level at half time #daretodream

3 red cards in his last 6 games. Always had him down as a nasty player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Jayop wrote: »
    I'm watching the pool game. What's mason done wrong?

Nothing so far today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

3 red cards in his last 6 games. Always had him down as a nasty player.

Imagine if Fellaini had that record!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement