Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

GSPfan wrote: »
    We need to take Zlatan off free kicks. He's bloody awful. Pogba would be much better.

This. As much of a legend hE is get him off the frees lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I can't understand why Mata isn't our free kick taker, great technique by the man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

GSPfan wrote: »
    We need to take Zlatan off free kicks. He's bloody awful. Pogba would be much better.

I dont know why he is taking them I read a few weeks ago he hasn't scored a free kick since playing for barca or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Another 3. Unbeaten for the rest?

There's getting carried away.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Time to read the Abu tears on the match thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

jayo26 wrote: »
    I dont know why he is taking them I read a few weeks ago he hasn't scored a free kick since playing for barca or something.

No problem with him taking that one at 2-0 in the last few minutes. Another goal would have put him joint top scorer in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Another well earned 3 points. Ibra is so reliable for a goal he should be called the postman. Was nice to get the bit of luck back with the offside after the one he had ruled out the other day.

Poor performance from the officials again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

gunners have a tough enough away match tomorrow.

Be great to see some points dropped there also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Love even being one nil up the fight to get more is there again, Rashford is a super super sub made such a difference Mata too glad he got a goal proves his worth to the team dynamic. Only way is up baby.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

2 games in 2 games.

Zlatan says yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

a victory thanks to crap officials but we have suffered crap officials all season so I don't care. We needed a win today and we got it. a decent bit of recovery time now til the next game. Get the players freshened up. Ibrahimovic and Herrera in particular, imo, looked exhausted towards the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

AH that's surely bs. But yea he's awful at free kicks when you have pogba and mata let one of them take them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lovely win. I dont really care about their whinging either. They should have had player sent off anyway.

Poor in first half but got motoring in 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Feck it, after not getting the 2 pens and perfect goal vs Boro ill take it.

Ref was bad for both teams today. West ham could have potentially ended up with 8 or 9 on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Did zlatan not score a free kick against arsenal or Chelsea in the champions league last season

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Realistically, not the best performance. We relied on two dreadful calls from the officials to get the advantage, and De Gea had to make two top class saves.

But don't care. Another win, another match unbeaten. 2 points gained on Liverpool. Slowly but surely, we're catching up. If we had won even 2 of the 4 games we absolutely threw away, we'd be in joint second right now.

My love for Jose knows no bounds right now, and a part of me can't help but get frustrated that we absolutely wasted 3 years on Moyes and LVG. We can but keep marching on.

A serious discussion needs to be had about the dreadful refs. Every game, it feels there's two or three absolutely horrid moments from them.

AH that's surely bs. But yea he's awful at free kicks when you have pogba and mata let one of them take them.

Yeh it is I just Googled it and he scored a few for psg I must look for where I read it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

sky88 wrote: »
    Did zlatan not score a free kick against arsenal or Chelsea in the champions league last season

I am 100% sure I've seen videos of him scoring in his PSG jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Standard of refereeing in the most expensive league in the world is nothing short of farcical this season, disgraceful even. That being said what a talent Marcus Rashford is, tremendous player so direct coming inside. Terrorised the West Ham fullback for the short while he was on. Hope I see more of him in the second half of the season than I did the first. Mourinho in the last 7 or 8 games making all the right decisions during the games

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

bangkok wrote: »
    do we hope chelsea beat spurs or spurs win or a draw???

A draw or a Spurs win.
    It won't matter to Chelsea once we beat Liverpool.

We are going for the title.
    Spurs win would put us 10 off the leaders.

We just keep winning and then it doesn't matter a whole lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

no hes not...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3qv-pXJDIY

Stop giving away our tactics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Someone explain to me why leaving the ground in the tackle was apparently ok in this instance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

RobertKK wrote: »
    A draw or a Spurs win.
    It won't matter to Chelsea once we beat Liverpool.

We are going for the title.
    Spurs win would put us 10 off the leaders.

We just keep winning and then it doesn't matter a whole lot.

Bit too much bravado there.

Chelsea win all the way, get them 8 points ahead of Liverpool.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I am 100% sure I've seen videos of him scoring in his PSG jersey.

he has scored a few with them. he will bury a free kick against liverpool!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Has pro F posted at all during our winning run? #coincidence

Someone explain to me why leaving the ground in the tackle was apparently ok in this instance?

He didn't go in with two feet or studs straight up and his foot wasn't overly high. The tackle on Miki in second half was more dangerous as it was over the top of the ball in my opinion.

He didn't go in with two feet or studs straight up and his foot wasn't overly high. The tackle on Miki in second half was more dangerous as it was over the top of the ball in my opinion.

But leaving the ground in a tackle means ur not in control and are a danger to anyone you connect with. He did connect with Jones just below his arse.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Bit too much bravado there.

Chelsea win all the way, get them 8 points ahead of Liverpool.

It is not bravado, if Spurs win, it will be down to 10 points and we have come from further behind to win the title.

At this stage of the season, a title chasing team should not be drawing with Sunderland.

G Neville strangely said it wasn't a red but if they appeal it will be turned down as the player was out of control in the tackle.

If that's true then it's a red!

• Advertisement

But leaving the ground in a tackle means ur not in control and are a danger to anyone you connect with. He did connect with Jones just below his arse.

It was never a red. If refs sent players off for having both feet off the ground in tackles there'd be three or four sent off every game.

adox wrote: »
    It was never a red. If refs sent players off for having both feet off the ground in tackles there'd be three or four sent off every game.

That's kinda the point. They don't want anyone leaving the ground in the tackle anymore and it is dangerous and is a grey area as regards trying to win a ball or hurt someone.

Jose has become very diplomatic when it comes to referees, one feels Ed told him to say nothing - no rants.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

RobertKK wrote: »
    Jose has become very diplomatic when it comes to referees, one feels Ed told him to say nothing - no rants.

Or he decided it's not worth the hassle from the F.A

But He was never In danger of breaking leg or Doing damage it's a physical game at the end of the day it's not possible to always have one foot on the ground. He may of not been in control but his foot wasn't up or shaping to do damage it was just a hard tackle.

That's kinda the point. They don't want anyone leaving the ground in the tackle anymore and it is dangerous and is a grey area as regards trying to win a ball or hurt someone.

How much more can the game be sanitised. You can leave the ground and still be in control. Tackling by definition is dangerous. It's all about context.
    Yellow cards are given out like confetti these last few years. I'd hate to see that happen with red cards too. It was a ridiculous decision.

The refs should start facing sanctions for these huge decisions they are getting wrong and the influence they are having on games.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Or he decided it's not worth the hassle from the F.A

Yes, I suspect Ed would have said to him, that it is not worth the hassle. Sometimes you can say more by saying nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

3BC9799800000578-0-image-m-5_1483384182013.jpg

Apparently it was the quickest red card of the season.

Not sure if Sky have mentioned it....

• Advertisement

the officials had a bad day today..... that hand ball by the west ham player was the most blatant handball you will see all season and not even a yellow given

I'll leave it on this point. The reason you can't leave the ground in a tackle is that if your opponent is vulnerable and if you hit them you can't stop cos you're off the ground.

Jones didn't have his leg broken because he wasn't caught on the lower leg or didn't have his leg pinned to the turf. The West Ham player had no control over this and that's the point.

The player has no way of controlling the tackle once he takes off. Hence it endangers the opponent and that is why they are trying to stamp it out (excuse pun).

I'll say no more as I'm on my own I'd say but I don't see why people are moaning about it.

Is Pep really starting to crack up across in the blue side of the city?

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/815974959055065092

https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/815969367183659010

slavan bilic talking about a player making a meal of it....

Laurent Blanc says hello Slavan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

bangkok wrote: »
    slavan bilic talking about a player making a meal of it....

Laurent Blanc says hello Slavan

It was still a bad challenge, didn't deserve a red but still was a poor one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

zerks wrote: »

wow he's losing it

I laughed at the end

Journalist: "Thanks Pep"

Pep: "Pleasure"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

City have been poor recently and perhaps there is pressure starting to fall on Pep as he has never been in a position like this before scraping away for at best second place.

Headshot wrote: »
    wow he's losing it

I laughed at the end

Journalist: "Thanks Pep"

Pep: "Pleasure"

Had to laugh about him talking about the keeper. Possibly the worst signing he will ever make.

The reported £20 million (salary) pension top up a year by the oil owners of City has him thinking of retirement.
    Who could blame him, he has to build an actual team this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

adox wrote: »
    Had to laugh about him talking about the keeper. Possibly the worst signing he will ever make.

Yup

He rather sacrifice a dominate keeper in the box for a keeper that is good with their feet

For Joe Hart's faults he is a miles better keeper

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement