Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Pep is cracking up. Love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

GSPfan wrote: »
    Pep is cracking up. Love it.

We just don't understand what he is trying to achieve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pep is a spoofer

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Rod Munch wrote: »

Books need to be read to understand the genius of Pep :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Finally, I thought I was in a Pep thread!

Klopp going mad in an interview too. The pressure is showing on these guys. Its great stuff. Im convinced Jose's experience will see us through.

Just seen Pep on SSN and he was freaked out in their interview too. Also in the Press Conference. Ha ha. Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKW7S0BKLO_4k74LROB5_Vicc9m_lk3QSTce7NvMYFuWYOQwOs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Pep's struggles are pertinent to a Man United thread, Kevin Keegans meltdown is part of Alex Fergusons folklore and this is no different.

Direct rivals seem to be struggling but yes that's completely irrelevant, apologies we'll keep it specifically to UTD and keep away from Pep, Pool being held by a team in the relegation zone and wasting their win against City in the last round of games etc.

Thank you for your work in keeping this thread on course we'd be lost without you.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKW7S0BKLO_4k74LROB5_Vicc9m_lk3QSTce7NvMYFuWYOQwOs

Nah just wondering why yous are fascinated by Pep straight after winning a match? Inferiority complex because Pep dominated Jose in Spain?

Also he looks like he's doing a Jose impression in that interview!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

God forbid we take some pleasure in a rival manager showing signs of pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nah just wondering why yous are fascinated by Pep straight after winning a match? Inferiority complex because Pep dominated Jose in Spain?

David Moyes dominated Klopp and his 300 million team today. What's your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Can you feel it?

giphy.gif

You're here because you are looking over your shoulder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

pretty much since carrick has come back into the team

David Moyes dominated Klopp and his 300 million team today. What's your point?

Sure we didn't want to win! ;)

Right, gonna watch the darts, night lads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

bangkok wrote: »
    pretty much since carrick has come back into the team

/started playing Pogba in a here man midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Neither do the City fans..

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/manchester-city/10716209/pep-fails-to-gee-up-the-crowd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Song of the day - Sheikh, rattled and on a roll :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

zerks wrote: »

Thats because they were no fans there to cheer back.

• Advertisement

The Soccer forum is such a hilarious read once Utd start putting on the pressure
    Great to be relevant again
    Apparently all the ref decisions going our way all season now lol

Arsenal have a tough game tomorrow. Wouldnt surprise me if Bournemouth beat them. Then if Spurs and Chelsea draw we are laughing. Still in 6th place but within a win of jumping up a few places.

Range of Passing from Carrick today again was something else
    Love how verssatile he has become
    Jose could drop him in at CB, then by making another excellent sub he could pull him back to DM again once Smalling came on

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The Soccer forum is such a hilarious read once Utd start putting on the pressure
    Great to be relevant again
    Apparently all the ref decisions going our way all season now lol

But,but,but we are only 6th.:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I feel we can get a result against Liverpool in our next league game, and cut the gap to 2 points to them.
    That is why I am happy for Spurs to win on Wednesday.

This season could be like the season where we reeled in Newcastle for the title.

The top three strikers this season so far have been at Chelsea, United and Spurs.

Then points from the last 6 PL games form:
    1. Chelsea (top on GD) 6 wins 18
    2. United 6 wins 18
    3. Spurs 5 wins 1 loss 15
    4. Liverpool 4 wins 2 draws 14
    5. City 4 wins 2 losses 12
    6. Arsenal 4 wins 2 losses 12

United have found a winning formula, like Chelsea, Spurs loss is to us. A Spurs win or draw would mean we would have gained on all in the top 6 and would be number 1 for form in the league going into the Liverpool game.
    Got to stay positive, and not write off the title just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I always said I didn't want Pep at United and I think we are starting to see why. He is making the same mistake Van Gaal made and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see it finish exactly the same way.

Also, great to see another excellent performance from that pathetic manager on our sideline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

It's shocking that nothing has been said about what happened. Il try dig it out. It will have been snapped up on twitter. It was captured at a distance by Sky Sports during the live footage of the game. No replay however

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Just seen it was de gea's 250 game for us

God bless that fax machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rossi IRL wrote: »

He's so baby-faced, he makes Solskjaer look like a grizzled old man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Some very bitter tears from a poster of our opponents today in there own teams thread. Love it :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

They dont like us winning you know :D:D:D

Keep that foot on the gas and keep putting the pressure on the top 4

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Next up a pool side that have been run ragged by injuries. Klopps one trick pony method of management going to cost them everything this month through injury. We're going to smash the scum.

Right time for some blind optimism our 22 league game winning run starts today with A josesque 2-0 win.

1 down 21 to go

6 down 16 to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Utd's supposed good fortune with the ref didn't stretch to being awarded a penalty. Just one penalty awarded to Utd all season.

Need some falling over lessons from the experts. Playing them soon so the lads can get a look at their technique up close.

Jose's post-match presser...

Have to agree with him about the schedule - It is amazing for us fans watching, but some of the players looked quite tired out there today. Also, good to hear that Jose wasn't happy with the performance.

Anyway, another 3 points scooped up. It's been a massive December run for the team. The table below is from before the match v Everton, before this important Christmas run began...

IERFV97.jpg?1

The current table...

vKxJruz.jpg

Still 6th, but...

- At least 1 point gained on Spurs, possibly more depending on tomorrow's result.
    - At least 4 points gained on Arsenal, possibly more depending on tomorrow's result.
    - 7 points gained on City.
    - 5 points gained on Liverpool.
    - Gap between United and 2nd now 5 points, down from 10.
    - Gap between United and 4th now 1 point (could be 4 tomorrow if Arsenal win), down from 8.

In the words of Larry David, that's prett-ay good. It's swung from a number of fans discounting the team's chances of Top 4 and suggesting that going all-in on the Europa would be the best route to CL for next season, to now looking at 2nd as a realistic target. That's stellar work from all involved at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

That was easily one of our worst performances of the season in the 1st half, really slow, no creativity. Zlatan looked fairly frustrated. Lingard was really really poor, missed sitter aside his passing and crossing were terrible. Was surprised he was back after the half time break.

Rashford is so exciting. His pace & skill are obvious but such a good footballing brain from a 19 year old. Really hope to see more of him & Martial in the 2nd half of the year.

Liverpool are a different animal to anything we've faced in the last 13 games.

Big test ahead

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Some very bitter tears from a poster of our opponents today in there own teams thread. Love it :D.

What about their "Is Jose a busted flush?" now?

They are sickened that he is unravelling the tangled mess LVG and Moyes left behind.

Big test ahead

They really aren't, and I don't get why people are so worried about them.

They may beat us, sure, but they aren't exactly the invincibles and I see no reason why we should not be approaching that game with confidence. We already played them this season and the only thing I saw that day was a great managerial performance that totally nullified a flying Liverpool side. That was when we were in a bad run of results, we have only gotten more clinical from then so I don't think we should be too apprehensive at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Big test ahead

Animals eh

https://twitter.com/deludedbrendan/status/815964809502015488

• Advertisement

?width=630&version=3167773

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Big test ahead

Be interesting.

Last time, they were the team in crazy form, at home, and we were finding our legs so parked the bus.

Be interesting to see if we are more adventurous and confident this time round.

They really aren't, and I don't get why people are so worried about them.

They may beat us, sure, but they aren't exactly the invincibles and I see no reason why we should not be approaching that game with confidence. We already played them this season and the only thing I saw that day was a great managerial performance that totally nullified a flying Liverpool side. That was when we were in a bad run of results, we have only gotten more clinical from then so I don't think we should be too apprehensive at all.

Them beating Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Spurs would cause some apprehension for me.

Mourinho's tactics were fine last time given the circumstances but we need to be a threat this time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

carrick very good today, anyone have any stats on his passing?? dont remember him giving the ball away once, fantastic player to watch live

'I came on for Cantona and the crowd went 'Who the f**k is this?': Dessie Baker on his Man Utd years

http://www.the42.ie/dessie-baker-manchester-united-3157981-Jan2017/

Them beating Chelsea, City, Arsenal and Spurs would cause some apprehension for me.

And they might well beat us, they are certainly capable of it and in this league who knows. I just don't think they should be overrated, I'd be apprehensive if we were playing Barca or Madrid next week but not any of our rivals because frankly, ain't none of them all that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Usain Bolt must have been thinking, 'I love West Ham's stadium.'

madcabbage wrote: »
    I can't understand why Mata isn't our free kick taker, great technique by the man!
    I thinnk I read he has the highest scoring average from frees in the premiership era but some would tell u he cant kick it hard enough to get it over the wall :rolleyes:

No team spirit they said, can't motivate players they said

https://twitter.com/FutboIRussell/status/816012361018572802

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement