Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

Finally, I thought I was in a Pep thread!

welcome back hope you had a nice xmas i wont tell ou were i was in case you get upset again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hococop wrote: »
    Just seen it was de gea's 250 game for us

God bless that fax machine

https://twitter.com/d_degea/status/816019346069843971

Ha Pep on MOTD now. Gets better every time.
    Getting thick with the crowd at half time too. Bizzare.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

adox wrote: »

"Im so happy,believe me"

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

City were lucky to hang on in my opinion and the journalist earlier was right to ask about discipline problems I think the whole team has and signature should of been off too they were lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

They were are disgrace on Saturday too City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Pool on MOTD, seen some highlights earlier on youtube and they seemed to get quite a few decisions themselves.

They were are disgrace on Saturday too City.

They didn't look arsed to me on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

zerks wrote: »

Good

Like to see us break even with this transfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Liverpool game is massive now - it will be vital with regards momentum... on paper ourselves and Arsenal have a sightly handier run. With City, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea all taking points off eachother we would no doubt if we can continue winning be comfortably in the top 4 after Watford... After Watford we have City away. After next 5 the final top 4 will probably become clearer.

Next 5 -

United: Liverpool (H), Stoke (A), Hull (H), Leicester (A), Watford (H)
    Liverpool: United(A), Swansea (H), Chelsea (H), Hull (A), Spurs (A)
    Chelsea: Spurs (A)....... Leicester (A), Hull (H), Liverpool (A), Arsenal (H), Burnley (A)
    Arsenal: Bournemouth (A)...... Swansea (A), Burnley (H), Watford (H), Chelsea (A), Hull (H)
    City: Everton (A), Spurs (H), West Ham (A), Swansea (H), Bournemouth (A)
    Spurs: Chelsea (H)..... West Brom (H), City (A), Sunderland (A), Middlesbrough (H), Liverpool (H)

irishfeen wrote: »
    Liverpool game is massive now - it will be vital with regards momentum... on paper ourselves and Arsenal have a sightly handier run. With City, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea all taking points off eachother we would no doubt if we can continue winning be comfortably in the top 4 after Watford... After Watford we have City away. After next 5 the final top 4 will probably become clearer.

Next 5 -

Chelsea: Spurs (A)....... Leicester (A), Hull (H), Liverpool (A), Arsenal (H), Burnley (A)
    Arsenal: Bournemouth (A)...... Swansea (A), Burnley (H), Watford (H), Chelsea (A), Hull (H)
    Spurs: Chelsea (H)..... West Brom (H), City (A), Sunderland (A), Middlesbrough (H), Liverpool (H)

One thing I took from that:

Hull are fùcked!!

One thing I took from that:

Hull are fùcked!!
    Second from bottom too atm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Unravelling big time.

It's a beautiful sight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

i never wanted pep to get the united job anyway,its just my own opinion but i dont think he can handle pressure,he was with barcelona for a few years and he needed a break,sir alex managed the biggest club in the world for 26 years and was an older man you didnt see him looking to take a sabbatical, pep i think always tries to take the easy option like bayern and he thought he was taking the easy option again talking on this lot but it is only now he realizes what a tough job he has in the toughest league in the world,i think the man is on the brink of a meltdown,looking at match of the day i think most people will agree with me

United on MOTD right now.

Ah while I enjoyed it, let's not fool ourselves that he will more than likely get things sorted there sooner or later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

He got very wound up with those empty seats alright

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ah while I enjoyed it, let's not fool ourselves that he will more than likely get things sorted there sooner or later.

I think league success under him is going to be tough because of the competition (it 5 teams rather than zero, one or two) and the style he wants to use.

Its Europe he is there to crack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

i have my doubts,i think this guy is a bluffer,thats on borrowed time and is going to get his cumeuppance

• Advertisement

Valencia has so many brainfarts when it comes to positioning

Yeah he should be ahead of his CBs and got himself caught running too deep to keep the West Ham player onside.

Love what jose said about rashford it's good to be appreciated and he knows how to do it without going over the top and same with martial last time round but he still had the balls to leave him on the bench this time round and put faith in rashford changing the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I like Valencia and he's done a good job but hope to see a RB bought in this window or next one.
    Hopefully Valencia will be happy to be a squad/back up player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

primary 2 wrote: »
    i have my doubts,i think this guy is a bluffer,thats on borrowed time and is going to get his cumeuppance

Eamonn dunphy???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I love Valencia, don't think there's another right back in the premier league I'd swap him for.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I love Valencia, don't think there's another right back in the premier league I'd swap him for.

Bellerin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Tyson Fury wrote: »

I'm a fan of him too. I don't think people appreciate his work rate enough. He is literally playing as a right back AND right winger every single game. Yes he isn't the best attacking wise but he is quick, can beat a man, pretty strong and imo a solid tackler.

If there's one thing he lacks, it has to be his end product when crossing/passing into the box. But nevertheless I wouldn't replace him for anyone and I don't think Jose has any plans to do so either. The left hand side still needs work but hopefully Shaw can make a stamp down there once he returns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Valencia will make the odd defensive mistake and a few bad crosses but my esteemed colleague above is correct. He's a complete rhs of a team himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

irishfeen wrote: »

Next 5 -

Liverpool have already played Spurs away. The return game is at Anfield.

Liverpool have already played Spurs away. The return game is at Anfield.
    My bad your right, very tough game for both either way.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Bellerin?

Nah

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Valencia is a super athlete. He is brilliant to have in the squad but it is not good to be so reliant on him. We need competition for every position and right now Darmian is not up to it. Buying a solid right back to replace or compete with Valencia is the best thing we could do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Peps interview was bizarre to say the least.

Hopefully it's all starting to fall apart at Abu Dhabi city.

Think Pep has been surprised with how tough the premier league is.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Telling ya ill take the most horrible vile 1-0 win over Liverpool just to keep them ****ing quite for at least a week.

Some of the deluded ****e ive read from the shower they call fans on facebook and on here tonight.

Would be worse then England winning the world cup them winning the league........ The taught of it before bed uhhhhh :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Peps interview was bizarre to say the least.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, and his post match press conference, and him whinging at a bunch of empty seats.

Also enjoying the mental gymnastics on display in other areas.

6 game league winning streak, feels good. Form team in the league other then the obvious of course :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think everybody wanted Pep at some stage between 2012-2014 when his stock was highest but could understand, with respect to his achievements so far, that this league is a different ball game and was going to make or break the legendary status and cult following he accumulated debating his intertwined triangles and double pivot manoeuvres.

He had definitely earned the shot in my eyes but to be honest I'm glad how it's worked out now, we are playing some great football that wasn't there even in the late Fergie era and have a manager who has a real eye for talent and a passion for the club. Obviously Pep still has time to live up to his reputation but I'm happy with how things are at this club right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Not everybody, I have never been his biggest fan (I do respect his achievements obv, and do not think he is a poor manager or anything like that!), and I know I have not been alone in that for sure.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Rumour is Jose wants Harry Kane as the long term replacement for Ibrahimovic, rumour has the price tag at £80 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

RobertKK wrote: »
    Rumour is Jose wants Harry Kane as the long term replacement for Ibrahimovic, rumour has the price tag at £80 million.

Where's the rumour coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Headshot wrote: »
    Good

Like to see us break even with this transfer

Anything over £20M and I would be happy, considering we are probably going to lose half of the Depay investment. Morgan has a value, in the current situation Memphis not so much. Maybe a loan deal will give him the games to shine.

I was hoping or a few quid from the sale of Adnan also but looking at yesterdays match I think he has regressed. Lucky to get £6-£10 M for him, even in today's crazy market. Again it makes me angry thinking of the £8M transfer of Chico :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Thought the display was a bit flat last night, the players look like they need a rest. Hopefully now between this and the Liverpool game a few key players will be given the time they need to rest, in spite of the games in between. It was odd not giving Martial game time last night following on from his performance against Boro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

kstand wrote: »
    Thought the display was a bit flat last night, the players look like they need a rest. Hopefully now between this and the Liverpool game a few key players will be given the time they need to rest, in spite of the games in between. It was odd not giving Martial game time last night following on from his performance against Boro.

Jose did mention he didn't want to risk him unless really necessary after the bang on the ankle he got on Saturday.

I was hoping or a few quid from the sale of Adnan also but looking at yesterdays match I think he has regressed. Lucky to get £6-£10 M for him, even in today's crazy market. Again it makes me angry thinking of the £8M transfer of Chico :(

I actually thought adnan did well against Liverpool he went down easy a few times looking for fouls but he was full of energy and running and seems to be linking up well with defoe.... I don't think he is anywhere near united quality but he is definitely not worthless he is still young.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

jayo26 wrote: »
    I actually thought adnan did well against Liverpool he went down easy a few times looking for fouls but he was full of energy and running and seems to be linking up well with defoe.... I don't think he is anywhere near united quality but he is definitely not worthless he is still young.

I just expected a lot more from him he is still extremely young bu the talent he displayed to beat players in his breakout year was amazing. I just don't think he has progressed, but that's just my opinion. Still lots of time of course.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

astradave wrote: »
    Where's the rumour coming from?

The Metro, which misspelt Tottenham in their rules for the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

òk, so metro... lolers.

No way would 80million get you Kane. Its Spurs, its Kane, and the transfer market has moved on since they got more than that for Bale (and United apparently offered even more than they sold him for). You'd be looking at 100million or more to buy him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I just expected a lot more from him he is still extremely young bu the talent he displayed to beat players in his breakout year was amazing. I just don't think he has progressed, but that's just my opinion. Still lots of time of course.

His run and assist for the goal in the 4-1 loss the other day was unreal. He can have moments of absolute magic but is very inconsistent. Though consistency will come with age and games

I think we were all guilty of over rating him to begin with he came at a time when we needed a pick me up and he had one or two games but for the most part that season under moyes he was a lot of dazzling runs with no end product.

He scored two goals against Sunderland and I think he only got two for rest of the season and not many assist and he never got going against lvg at all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement