Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

This will be an amazing week for United if Bournemouth pulls this off and Spurs lose or draw tomorrow:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Cheeky bid for Sanchez in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

stankratz wrote: »
    On topic...

United's recent run of 13 games unbeaten in all competitions is the longest run since Sir Alex was in charge. He last oversaw a strong unbeaten run with 18 games in 2012/13. It was Jose's Real who ended it on the night of Nani's harsh red.

Whether Jose can stretch this run out to 18 or not in this competitive PL season is hard to tell, but at 13 at the moment it is a tremendous run in fairness. Obviously the last 7 wins in all competitions make it so, if the run of draws had have continued we'd be looking at it from a different angle.

Looking at the next few games, Reading at home in the FA Cup is a win on paper, but for whatever reasons, be it the giant-killing history of the competition, maybe I'm still a bit PTSDed from the last 3 seasons and find the current run too good to be true, whatever, I'm not marking it down as a United win until some goals are scored.

Likewise against Hull in the EFL next Tuesday. It's easy to look beyond these matches because we're all eager to get to the next league game and keep that train rolling, but it will be interesting to see how Jose treats these two tournament games coming up. As much as I want to see some underused and/or younger players get minutes, I do want to see the club advance as far as possible in all competitions.

Reading is a must win, we could do without a replay, and therefore I hope Jose fields something resembling a strong, surefire side rather than an experimental one. Hull the following Tuesday, because it's the first of two legs and it's at home, I think that is the game Jose could and should rest some of those surefire players.

Although they got the job done yesterday, some of our own players look like they could do with at least one game's rest. Pogba, Herrera, Ibra, Valencia, guys who have played a lot over the last couple of congested weeks, hopefully they won't play both games before the next league match.

13 games now, we've two winnable cup games that bring it to 15. Liverpool is the real tough game in the next few. After that it's Stoke, Hull, Hull, Leicester & St Etienne before we play City.

If we can beat Liverpool (or draw), then there's no reason we can't beat that 18 game run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Oh arsenal howere I love your f ups even if they somehow come back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Welcome to January arsenal ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Listen to Niall Quinns delight as he realises Arsenal wont be overtaking City if they lose.

Less of the jinxing lads....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Better keep an eye out for Arsenal Fan tv later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Monreal injured now

• Advertisement

Fooook jinxing. Ive been saying consistently the last two weeks that teams above us are gonna drop points and saying we are gonna win all our games and it hasn't jinxed anything.
    We're not here to take part.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

Come on Bournmouth. Arsenal dropping points,

It has to be said that Eddie Howe has Bournemouth playing some great stuff.

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Better keep an eye out for Arsenal Fan tv later

Haha my initial thought was this too!!! The rants and breakdowns are top quality :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Only in out of the cold. Happy days!

astradave wrote: »

He's auditioning for the Arsenal job in the Summer here. Not sure if he is doing well or not though! :)

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »

He looks a class manager but the problem for him will be stepping out of a squad he's built who have total faith in him into one full of primadonnas and stars that will wonder wtf he is. That applies to any of the top clubs.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Fooook jinxing. Ive been saying consistently the last two weeks that teams above us are gonna drop points and saying we are gonna win all our games and it hasn't jinxed anything.
    We're not here to take part.

Pretty sure GSP never said that :pac:

The way it is all tightening up ahead of us we are gonna get to a stage where a win will see us leapfrog a few teams all at once.

Id be worried if I was a City or Arsenal fan. I don't think they are playing well at all and Spurs United and Chelsea look solid. Liverpool have the ability to lose the odd game but they are playing well and can score at will.

stankratz wrote: »
    Pretty sure GSP never said that :pac:

No he said "I am not impressed by your performance" to Matt Hughes. Closest he ever came to trash talk!

No he said "I am not impressed by your performance" to Matt Hughes. Closest he ever came to trash talk!

And still, devastating at that for Matt Hughes!

For anyone not watching, Bournemouth are playing some lovely stuff against Arsenal. Great that United have gotten that fixture out of the way already, and with the 3 points too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

The saddest studio panel ever

The way it is all tightening up ahead of us we are gonna get to a stage where a win will see us leapfrog a few teams all at once.

Id be worried if I was a City or Arsenal fan. I don't think they are playing well at all and Spurs United and Chelsea look solid. Liverpool have the ability to lose the odd game but they are playing well and can score at will.

Yeah if Liverpool ever managed to tighten up at the back they'd be a real serious contender. It's strange how they are scoring so many goals when I really don't rate too many of their attacking players over a lot of the players in the other top sides. Lallana is playing really well this year and I didn't think he had that level in him, Mane is a really good player too as is Coutinhio. However the rest of the attack and midfield is pretty average stuff but they seem to create loads of chances at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Lads its Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Jayop wrote: »
    Yeah if Liverpool ever managed to tighten up at the back they'd be a real serious contender. It's strange how they are scoring so many goals when I really don't rate too many of their attacking players over a lot of the players in the other top sides. Lallana is playing really well this year and I didn't think he had that level in him, Mane is a really good player too as is Coutinhio. However the rest of the attack and midfield is pretty average stuff but they seem to create loads of chances at the minute.

In fairness to Klopp he is getting very good performances from the attacking players .
    They should have bought a good keeper and a LB in the summer.

Lads its Arsenal.

Arsenal's annual explosion this year will possibly cost them more than their title challenge though. The top four battle has never been more competitive and this could well cost them.

yabadabado wrote: »
    In fairness to Klopp he is getting very good performances from the attacking players .
    They should have bought a good keeper and a LB in the summer.

He really is and he has them all playing above their level imo. Can't organise a defense though. Only one team in the top 8 have conceded more than them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Arsenal shítting the bed in spectacular fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Ohhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I like this Fraser guy at Bournemouth. Seems like a guy I could be friends with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Bournemouth are not a bad side! Bellerin roasted, think it's the worst I've ever seen the guy play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Remember when Arsenal were laughing at us? Right back at ya

Wouldn't see Valencia wimping out like Bellerin did there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

Lots to be positive about compared to the last few seasons. Our injuries seem a lot fewer. This must be down to Jose's training methods.
    Love watching Ibra , on and off the field . I didn't imagine he'd be such a huge success at his age , but he he reminds me of how I felt when watching King Eric all those years ago. Very happy with all 4 of last summer's signings.
    I had my doubts about the appointment of Jose but feeling really positive for 2017 and beyond.

Pool game going to be massive... If we win we will be at worst 3 points off second place and possibly in 4th spot that won't be bad for a team with a manager that's stuck in time and not up to speed with the new age guys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Piers Morgan's twitter will be phenomenal tonight.

1 behind Arsenal now. Makes the two points we dropped to them even more frustrating.

All the talk of Griezzman, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't like a cheeky bid for Sanchez...

deleting all this post!! Too much Jinx

1 point behind Arsenal now!! We back baby :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think United could really crack on in second half of the season with a couple of signings.

Morgan and Memphis were removed from the squad, Jose doesn't want Basti so and injuries will be hard to make up for.

All going well United have a huge amount of games to be played. Current squad looks too small.

Only 5 points behind second. How things have changed despite the crappy league position.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

a spurs win tomorrow night and a win against liverpool and i think we can launch a serious title challenge,all very winnable games till the end of feburary till we play city away plus liverpool have to play chelsea at anfield fairly soon and chelsea also have to host arsenal before the end of feburary so we could have that gap narrowed alot before we play city

Bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

DM_7 wrote: »
    I think United could really crack on in second half of the season with a couple of signings.

Morgan and Memphis were removed from the squad, Jose doesn't want Basti so and injuries will be hard to make up for.

All going well United have a huge amount of games to be played. Current squad looks too small.

I would be hoping a deal or 2 is in the pipeline and United are trying to get those sorted first before the likes of Depay and Morgan leave.A signing or 2 now could make a huge difference.

Also love to see a fit Shaw for second half of the season.

Hopefully not a comeback

Fun while it lasted. Bournemouth's turn to shít the bed, useless shower.

Yizzer all bolloxes

:D

• Advertisement

Oh god

oops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Remember when Arsenal were laughing at us? Right back at ya

Jesus what have i done!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

3-2 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

J. Marston wrote: »
    Wouldn't see Valencia wimping out like Bellerin did there.

Apparently Bellerin is a much better right back, this morning on this thread, tut tut!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement