Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

J. Marston wrote: »
    Giroud's celebration might be the worst celebration I have ever seen in football, ever.

What a moronic thing to do with 5 minutes left on the clock. One of their players even ran into the crowd. That's why they don'twin things despite being talented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

That awkward moment when all the teams that UTD are trying to catch, keep winning and won't give em a chance to catch up. BTW that's now

How about now Benny?

adox wrote: »
    Plus we have seen that fragile Arsenal haven't gone away.

Not that fragile, coming back from 3-0 down tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How about now Benny?

You had that booked marked didnt you lol

Waiting for the chance :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Feckin Bournmouth teasing me

I couldn't keep my eyes fully on it this second half, what was the straight red for?

He dived in and went over the top of the ball. A little harsh but can see why it was given. The Arsenal player(Ramsey?) lay motionless face down which may have influenced the ref slightly but miraculously was fine five seconds later.

• Advertisement

Assuming the Chelsea/Spurs game isn't a draw then we'll have made up 17 points on the teams above us in the last 5 games.

Happy Days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Shave that beard off your face you bleedin sap!

Goes from the coolest goal he'll ever score to celebrating an equaliser like a fool in injury time when they are chasing a winner.

I actually like Giroud believe it or not.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not that fragile, coming back from 3-0 down tbf

They played like the Arsenal we all know and love for 70 minutes. They made Bournemouth look like Brazil.

But yeah point taken about the comeback. Bournemouth did capitulate completely and looked out on their feet.

Headshot wrote: »
    You had that booked marked didnt you lol

Waiting for the chance :pac:

Nope. Never forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Jayop wrote: »
    What a moronic thing to do with 5 minutes left on the clock. One of their players even ran into the crowd. That's why they don'twin things despite being talented.
    Half the team will be tweeting pics from the dressing room now as well.

• Advertisement

Yeah sending off was harsh imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

No wonder they're celebrating.

Strengthening their grip on fourth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

yabadabado wrote: »
    Half the team will be tweeting pics from the dressing room now as well.

Martial scores to level against Boro and runs to get the ball and back to the halfway line.

Giroud scores to level against Bournmouth and puts on a dance routine. Brilliant mentality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Why is Bailly already gone and Zaha is allowed to play tonight!?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Why is Bailly already gone and Zaha is allowed to play tonight!?

Zaha is English, isn't he?

Edit. Just saw that he switched to Ivory Coast. So no clue. Was he picked?

Martial scores to level against Boro and runs to get the ball and back to the halfway line.

Giroud scores to level against Bournmouth and puts on a dance routine. Brilliant mentality.

It was bizzare to say the least. More so when the celebration was paying homage to Mkhitaryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I would like to think Jose instills this into the team

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Going to ANC with Ivory Coast.

No idea why he was left play and Bailly wasn't given the extra 24 hours.

Maybe Bailly is a first team player, so they were happy enough to leave Zaha for a while? He's off now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Going to ANC with Ivory Coast.

No idea why he was left play and Bailly wasn't given the extra 24 hours.

Mahrez and Mane played too and Bailey wasn't allowed

Headshot wrote: »
    I would like to think Jose instills this into the team

Wouldn't just be since Jose. United always had that. Arsenal used to have it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

jayo26 wrote: »

Strange!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Baiily just back from an injury and one of their most important players,they probably didnt want to take any chances.

jayo26 wrote: »

Neither are Ivory Coast players though. I'd imagine it's the national teams FA that make the call.

adox wrote: »
    Neither are Ivory Coast players though. I'd imagine it's the national teams FA that make the call.

Yeh probably there discretion then.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Im sorry but I had to quote this, from Tommy Docherty about Mourinho -
    “He’s done okay but if he were made of chocolate he would eat himself,” he said.

He slammed Utd a bit today, something about having to pay for tickets or something... but very wrong of him to say how Chelsea and City behave like "big clubs". Yeah big Saudi oil money and Russian gangster money is the way for a 'big club' to behave Tommy.......

http://www.football365.com/news/ex-united-boss-hits-out-they-act-like-a-small-club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

BMMachine wrote: »
    Im sorry but I had to quote this, from Tommy Docherty about Mourinho -
    “He’s done okay but if he were made of chocolate he would eat himself,” he said.

He slammed Utd a bit today, something about having to pay for tickets or something... but very wrong of him to say how Chelsea and City behave like "big clubs". Yeah big Saudi oil money and Russian gangster money is the way for a 'big club' to behave Tommy.......

http://www.football365.com/news/ex-united-boss-hits-out-they-act-like-a-small-club

Tbf he sounds like a drunk lad in the boozer with a chip on his shoulder
    Look at the money he’s spent. Fergie sold Pogba for about a million quid and they then paid about £900million to get him back.

That was good business, wasn’t it?

He doesn't even know that Pogba wasn't sold at all. He left on a free.

Hardy Jose's fault that Pogba left the club at the end of his contract years before he signed as manager.

Ha ha. Bitter about not getting free stuff :pac:

Update on yesterday's post...

...It's been a massive December run for the team. The table below is from before the match v Everton, before this important Christmas run began...

IERFV97.jpg?1

The current table...

PSbxBse.png

Still 6th, but...

- At least 1 point gained on Spurs, possibly more depending on Wednesday's result.
    - At least 4 points gained on Arsenal, possibly more depending on tomorrow's result. 6 points gained on Arsenal
    - 7 points gained on City.
    - 5 points gained on Liverpool.
    - Gap between United and 2nd now 5 points, down from 10.
    - Gap between United and 4th now 1 point (could be 4 tomorrow if Arsenal win), Gap to Top 4, 2 points down from 8.

• Advertisement

Ah lads. If any of you need a good bellyache laugh have a read at the last few pages of the United thread on RAWK.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=329631.8520

Ah lads. If any of you need a good bellyache laugh have a read at the last few pages of the United thread on RAWK.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=329631.8520

This one ticked me very much given the cockyness and the absolute conviction they'd beat Sunderland.
    Must be frustrating as **** that even when they hit a run of form, literally everyone else in the top 6 can't stop winning. Even Spurs.

Even if they were to go unbeaten right up to our match, and then beat us, we'd still have essentially a 5 point gap - accounting for our goal difference.

why are you visiting Liverpool fan forums?
    Oh right to find cringey threads and then laugh at them because you are obviously better and need to prove that.

But yeah Docherty sounds a bit old and dothery there. Might as well have called the article "Old Man yells at Cloud"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

astradave wrote: »
    Tbf he sounds like a drunk lad in the boozer with a chip on his shoulder

He doesn't even know that Pogba wasn't sold at all. He left on a free.

But United did get about million pound for him though. Was decided by a tribunal I believe. 800k I think It actually was .

Oh right to find cringey threads and then laugh at them because you are obviously better and need to prove that.

But yeah Docherty sounds a bit old and dothery there. Might as well have called the article "Old Man yells at Cloud"

Nah I just find that specific thread very very funny. Shocker.:rolleyes:

Nah I just find that specific thread very very funny. Shocker.:rolleyes:

Im sure its gas craic altogether. Winning at internet fan forums too, does the winning never end? :(

• Advertisement

Sure in that case, what are you doing in here?

Im sure its gas craic altogether. Winning at internet fan forums too, does the winning never end? :(

You dropped your badge

500_F_2412096_AiwohDjbyzskGmAoCDz0j7qsFGm91P.jpg

Who said it's a competition? Honestly I don't know what your problem is.

Are you honestly telling me you've never popped into the thread here of a rival team and found something they said funny? If you haven't then fair enough, if you have then you're being a hypocrite of epic proportions.

In fact, just posting the way you've done then crying about "winning at fan forums" is massively hypocritcal in itself. You're here trying to say I'm saying something stupid on a football forum because I said I laughed at something funny on a football forum.

Take a look at yourself kiddo.:rolleyes:

edit: Ah he's a Liverpool fan, reading the United thread, complaining about someone reading a Liverpool forum. Brilliant.

I couldn't stomach reading crap talk from unmoderated guys like that. Bit of banter in pub is great crack but disillusioned bullsh1t like that make you want to poke your eyes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Why are you sniffing around the Man United Thread?

• Advertisement

It would almost be worth the infraction. Almost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Do you know what "irony" is?

Anyways enough about a liverpool fan giving out in the united thread about a united fan reading a liverpool thread.

Back to united:

https://twitter.com/KhaledKarouri/status/816404997038555140?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Jose wants Diarra and Schneiderlan could go to Marseille in a swap deal(cash + Lass , though they never happen). Crazy to think Lass is only 31, thought he was much older

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

A loan swap deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

All I can think of when the fans of those lot come in here..

CtuGBa6W8AAj6GW.jpg

DM_7 wrote: »
    A loan swap deal?

Dunno, this is the translation
    Info: Man Utd look to reconnect for a transfer of Lass. Interest of Mourinho and nego with OM for Schneiderlin can facilitate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Always found Tommy Docherty a gobsh!te.

Reckon the Giroud celebration says a lot about Wenger. Couldn't imagine a player under Fergie or Mourinho doing that.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    All I can think of when the fans of those lot come in here..

CtuGBa6W8AAj6GW.jpg

That should saved and standard response :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

astradave wrote: »
    Dunno, this is the translation

Thought they were broke but see they have a new owner. Wonder if they want Memphis as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

berries.JPG

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement