Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Lukker- wrote: »
    How many clean sheets has De Gea this season?

Who is miles better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Robson99 wrote: »
    How many starts up top?????? If you are comparing him to Lukaku then that is what you gave to look at.

Why don't you tell me, you are the one that has seen him play there and thinks he can do the job.
    Hold up play fine.
    Shown what he is capable of
    Payed central and gadgets no problems with centre halves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Rainman16 wrote: »
    Happy with how the result is going between Spurs and Chelsea right now. United need to strive to win the league this season. Tonight could mark the beginning of the wheels coming off for Chelsea. And there is no team ready to take advantage of that , better than United.

Liverpool are 5 points ahead of us. Have a far superior goal diff and have no European distractions.
    I think they are in a far better position to take advantage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Losing this game to Spurs shows no signs of Chelsea cracking. Spurs have been excellent tonight. Chelsea just never got going and Costa has had no effect on the game. Chelsea are still the team most likely to win the league.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I don't see this result as wheels coming off for chelsea

Not at all, I don't believe any team is much ahead of the others in this league and as such any of the challengers could beat any of the others, so a result like this is no more surprising than Liverpool beating City. It shouldn't affect Chelsea unduly.

Hopefully it does stop people overstating them though, they aren't all that special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Who is miles better?

That's subjective. De Gea is a better shot stopper, Courtois is a better all rounder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

How many clean sheets has De Gea this season?

Man City have as many clean sheets as us. I know who I'd take over Bravo or De Gea.

Simply put, what's your point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

That's subjective. De Gea is a better shot stopper, Courtois is a better all rounder.

It's not subjective. Your clean sheet theory is subjective.

De Gea is a much better keeper. There's no argument anymore.

Who is miles better?

who's da would beat the others only way to settle this conversation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Very impressive stuff from Spurs second half. Chelsea haven't put a glove on them since the second goal.

• Advertisement

who's da would beat the others only way to settle this conversation

Da Gea.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Now we need to beat Liverpool.

Why don't you tell me, you are the one that has seen him play there and thinks he can do the job.

Id say 3 or 4 at most considering Ibra has started 25 games.
    Let me remind you he scored 8 goals in 18 games at the end of last season. Not bad for an 18 year old when given a consistent opportunity. So yes I think he can do the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It's not subjective. Your clean sheet theory is subjective.

De Gea is a much better keeper. There's no argument anymore.

I think De Gea is the better keeper. Not much better but still better. Courtois hasn't really improved a great deal like I thought he would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Disappointing result in the grand scheme of things.

RobertKK wrote: »

We needed to already in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

If I may interject, DeGea is the better keeper, just. Miles better is a gross exaggeration.

Mignolet obv better than both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

No matter what transpires in other fixtures, if we beat Liverpool we will be within one win of 2nd place.

If I may interject, DeGea is the better keeper, just. Miles better is a gross exaggeration.

Mignolet obv better than both.

His Da must be massive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

No matter what transpires in other fixtures, if we beat Liverpool we will be within one win of 2nd place.

Goal difference says no :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

RobertKK wrote: »

We ALWAYS need to beat Liverpool. We're in Ireland after all

I think that's a good result for the league, though it doesn't help Utd break into the top 4. It's not that interesting if Chelsea just run away with it. I'm happy enough the result went that way.

Does it also highlight a bit of a weakness in them, target the back post with guys decent in the air?

stankratz wrote: »
    We needed to already in fairness.

For me it was a Spurs win.
    Then next onto us beating Liverpool.

10 points off the top and we have now gained on everyone ahead of us, and number 1 in the form guide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Top 6 is so tight, one good weekend and we'd go third. Have to hand to the players for fighting back after the terrible start to the season.

De Gea is a better distributor /passer of the ball and better in 1 on 1s as well

• Advertisement

We ALWAYS need to beat Liverpool. We're in Ireland after all

Yes, but giving some of us still have not given up on winning the title.
    First we needed a Spurs win, and now it is back to us doing our own business.

Utd now picked up 24 points in the last 10 games, only Chelsea have done better on 27.

Top 4 is happening imo, that's way too prolonged a run of results to think Utd are going to fall away now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Utd now picked up 24 points in the last 10 games, only Chelsea have done better on 27.

Top 4 is happening imo, that's way too prolonged a run of results to think Utd are going to fall away now.

Have to look at the fixtures as well though. United have a pretty tough run in from what I remember.

we have spent the last 2 months doin all the ground work to get into position to strike and Liverpool will be the first test, the top 6 is so tight that spurs could go from 5th to 2nd with 2 wins its fairly sick this year,,, just got to keep winning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Spurs surely!
    Spurs are bottlers. They will crash and burn in the run in. United will the ready to capitilise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Don't argue with rainman.

Have to look at the fixtures as well though. United have a pretty tough run in from what I remember.

Lordy me, Arsenal and Spurs, both away, in rounds 36 and 37. That is going to be interesting...

Liverpool are 5 points ahead of us. Have a far superior goal diff and have no European distractions.
    I think they are in a far better position to take advantage

Liverpool wouldn't win the title if they gave it away in a raffle. They are born losers and bottlers, They will fade away in the run in

20. Round West Ham Manchester United 0:2
    19. Round Manchester United Middlesbrough 2:1
    18. Round Manchester United Sunderland 3:1
    17. Round West Brom Manchester United 0:2
    16. Round Crystal Palace Manchester United 1:2
    15. Round Manchester United Tottenham 1:0
    14. Round Everton Manchester United 1:1
    13. Round Manchester United West Ham 1:1
    12. Round Manchester United Arsenal 1:1
    11. Round Swansea Manchester United 1:3

O those draws :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Liverpool wouldn't win the title if they gave it away in a raffle. They are born losers and bottlers, They will fade away in the run in

And thats just provoked the sound of a million six fingered job dodgers, furiously bookmarking this post, praying that they can throw this back at us at the end of the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

United have 18 league games and potentially 18 cup games. The cups could kill the league.

United need to push on now and make smart choices depending on where they sit but I think something will have to be sacrificed later on.

I still think some signings are needed or the squad will crack.

5 European cups and 18 league title would suggest otherwise.

adox wrote: »

The vast majority of their current team have been born since the last league win tbf! :D

You guys need to get your minds out of settling for top 4 and start thinking about Premier League Champions.

The way I see it. The task is set. The goal is achievable.

We have 18 games to bridge the gap of 10 points on Chelsea, Forget about losers and bottlers in between us.

Sky not ruling out United :)

• Advertisement

You guys need to get your minds out of settling for top 4 and start thinking about Premier League Champions.

The way I see it. The task is set. The goal is achievable.

We have 18 games to bridge the gap of 10 points on Chelsea, Forget about losers and bottlers in between us.

You're going to be fun I see.

lol, I don't care if Rainman is a looper. I like him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

the top 4 is wide open and I can see Chelsea getting pulled right back into the pack. I thought the two goals they conceded tonight were very very sloppy from a marking point of view. The crosses from Erikson were great but Ali effectively had two free headers.

If it wasn't big enough already, the Liverpool game is truly massive now. A win for them away to their arch nemesis could be the fuel they need to push on.

Very exciting league this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Bolasie could miss a year for Everton, will that give them more reason to go for Memphis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Bit early for trash talk... They and us are complete different teams since we last won a league they have as much credibility to hang on to form as we do judging by recent seasons... but if you go on recent few games I think pool and arsenal look most vulnerable of the top six teams.

adox wrote: »

latest?cb=20060624124552

latest?cb=20060624124552

No idea what that's supposed to mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Was just looking at the highlights from the middlesboro game there and i noticed this so took a screenshot. how is the ref supposed to see that hand ball that close to it and with his back turned.

31LiuIB.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

PcvzAh.gif

Tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

DM_7 wrote: »
    Bolasie could miss a year for Everton, will that give them more reason to go for Memphis?

I hope United milk Everton for as much money as possible. Their squad is threadbare so shouldn't be doing them any favours even if Depay is surplus to requirments.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement