Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

DM_7 wrote: »
    Fortune, Evra, and two others

Evra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Fortune, Djemba Djemba, Manuche and Diouf?

Fortune demba demba manucho
    Is that 4?!!

3. You got the hardest one in manucho imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jayop wrote: »
    Evra?

Born in Senegal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Diouf?

OK not Evra although he was born in Africa he's a French citizen.

Fortune demba demba manucho
    Is that 4?!!

Well done on Manucho. I remembered an Angolan player but not his name!

Diouf?

Yep, God himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

3. You got the hardest one in manucho imo.

Oh Diouf

OK not Evra although he was born in Africa he's a French citizen.

Well i thought it was a trick question :)

• Advertisement

Well i thought it was a trick question :)

I honestly didn't even know that Evra was born in Senegal.

I have only seen Southampton live on the box twice this season I think. Would Fonte be an upgrade on what we have there already or is it just to give an extra option for fixture congestion down the road?

I have only seen Southampton live on the box twice this season I think. Would Fonte be an upgrade on what we have there already or is it just to give an extra option for fixture congestion down the road?

Meh, he'd probably come in and be first or second choice substitute but I don't think he'd start.

Cm if we lose Morgan is a bigger issue.

I honestly didn't even know that Evra was born in Senegal.

Nani was born in Cape Verde as well so that another one for a trick question.......

Alan Smith is new manager at Notts County.

Can't add pic on the phone but he looks like a mini Andy Carroll now!

Also can see Fonte going to Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Alan Smith is new manager at Notts County.

Can't add pic on the phone but he looks like a mini Andy Carroll now!

image.jpg[

Actually, I read in December 2015 and January 2016 on UWS, as well as a re-assertion of it this week (from a different person) that United had a deal in place to bring back a fan favorite (hinter at the time to be Evra, asserted again recently to be the case) to bolster defensive options but LVG had second thoughts about the deal and cancelled at the last moments.

Maybe it was lies then and lies now, but if it is true (in the same vein as the current stories being true) then Evra did want to join last season when the ship was sinking, as you put it.

Well if there's truth in that, I would expect it to refer to someone like Evra rather than O'Shea, especially when "fan favourite" is mentioned. Hard to know though, like you said - if it's true. Were those rumours reported in the press back in Dec 2015/Jan 2016? Not that they need to be to have credibility. Just wondering if they were kept solely to the pages of UWS. Did you or anyone mention them in here before now?

Last year, if true, that seems like the club were trying to make something happen and for whatever reason(s) nothing happened in the end. Now though, Patrice is making the noise. I see a difference between what is clearly a brief or effort of some sorts now from Evra's side, and last year where some people on UWS reckoned there was a deal going on in the background in which the club were actively trying to bring back an un-named fan favourite.

Looking at the two of them as true for a moment - Maybe Evra is making some noise now because the club did make an effort to resign him a year ago. It fell through then and even though there's a different manager in place now, Evra is taking a chance and seeing if there's still any interest from the club.

That paragraph you quoted me on, it seems harsher on Evra than I mean it to be. I don't doubt Paddy's sincerity and love for the club. However, I also don't doubt a football player's sincerity towards themselves and their own careers, which is understandable since they get one shot at making the best career possible.

It's just, I've never heard these "Evra would like to finish his career at OT" reports until now. A few ITKs on UWS (meant with respect, not sarky) reporting that the club tried to resign him, even if true, doesn't change that. In short, I don't see the club reportedly trying to resign him being the same as Evra making this noise one year later.

Korat wrote: »
    Was Herrara's ridiculous red card against Burnley overturned?

Utd have been getting screwed royally all season, Jose needs to keep reminding people of that.

I forgot about that in view of more recent crazy officiating. Did United officially appeal Herrera's red though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Are we on the box the weekend lads?

• Advertisement

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Are we on the box the weekend lads?

BT Sport 2

BT Sport 2

What time is kick off. I (apparently) have to attend a parenting class from 10 til 4 on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Actually, long established Ivory Coast winger Wilifred Zaha might count as a Fergie bought African player as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Fortune
    Diouf
    Djemba * 2
    Zaha he's Nigerian now innit

Manucho - there's a name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

What time is kick off. I (apparently) have to attend a parenting class from 10 til 4 on Saturday.

12.30 m8 sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Korat wrote: »
    Was Herrara's ridiculous red card against Burnley overturned?

Utd have been getting screwed royally all season, Jose needs to keep reminding people of that.

You don't really believe that do you? In the past month or so Man Utd have got away with 2 red cards not given against Rojo and had two offside goals in the past 3 games. Obviously decisions have gone against Man Utd in that timeframe too.
    But no one team is being screwed over this season, it's just that the officials have mainly been atrocious so far this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Is it a class on how to become or how to be a parent?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Leroy42 wrote: »

I saw a few internet documentaries about that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Who do people see as Utds main central striker next season (if Ibra isn't playing)
    For me it should be Martial,with Rashford on the left.
    That's if the supposed Griezeman move doesn't happen.

I think Martials development is been stunted a bit this season.

Leroy42 wrote: »

How to be one.

How to become one is the reason Im in this pickle to start with!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Who do people see as Utds main central striker next season (if Ibra isn't playing)
    For me it should be Martial,with Rashford on the left.
    That's if the supposed Griezeman move doesn't happen.

I think Martials development is been stunted a bit this season.

Martial is pretty much a left winger. If his development has been stunted, it's cause he can't nail down a position we don't have anyone else to play in. I haven't seen much over the last 18 months that tells me he is a natural striker tbh; his strength seems to be running at the defence, something he will do better at out on the wing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Feed 'em
    Clean 'em
    Wind 'em

Watch the football

How to be one.

How to become one is the reason Im in this pickle to start with!

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Feed 'em
    Clean 'em
    Wind 'em

Watch the football

Or just don't have them in the first place.

Watch the football.

Or just don't have them in the first place.

Watch the football.

What's the difference between a light bulb and a pregnant woman situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Feed 'em
    Clean 'em
    Wind 'em

Watch the football

You might want to switch 2 and 3 or you'll be doing 2 again after 3 :)

Or just don't have them in the first place

I used to think like that. It's the best thing ever.

Doing my best, I skipped the course and watched the football :)

His name is twotimes so it would be okay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Martial is pretty much a left winger. If his development has been stunted, it's cause he can't nail down a position we don't have anyone else to play in. I haven't seen much over the last 18 months that tells me he is a natural striker tbh; his strength seems to be running at the defence, something he will do better at out on the wing.

Played brilliantly central for us initially, with a tendency to drift to the left and come back in again. His hold up play was very good, using his body to shield the ball and bring others into the play, he often went looking for space to the left which unsettled the centre backs also unsure whether to follow him or pass him off, once he picked up the ball wide he loved to turn and run but he was very good at getting it to feet with his back to goal, and running in behind the defence.

Had his best run of goalscoring form in the position also iirc, I think he would do very well in the role, I also think he could become devastating as a sort of inside forward from the left too though so open to see how it plays out.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

What's the difference between a light bulb and a pregnant woman situation.

Apart from the countless obvious differences, I don't know of the one you're looking for. I suspect it's humorous though?

• Advertisement

Apart from the countless obvious differences, I don't know of the one you're looking for. I suspect it's humorous though?

I'll get a card for this

https://youtu.be/fMknMZP_zX4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Played brilliantly central for us initially,

I'm surprised posters here have forgotten how devastatingly good he was up from in his first two months.

Very complete centre forward and as you said his work with his back to goal was very impressive for his age and build.

The wife has Celebrity Big Brother on, your man Jamie O'Hara is on it. There's a blast from the past :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Rooney fit to play? Be a good game for him to get going again the weekend

The wife has Celebrity Big Brother on, your man Jamie O'Hara is on it. There's a blast from the past :pac:

Does he want to play for Ireland yet?

Does he want to play for Ireland yet?

Don't think so. From what I gathered he just wants to ride some American model.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Nalz wrote: »
    Has pro F posted at all during our winning run? #coincidence

What would be significant about me not posting during a winning run? You think I wouldn't be happy about United winning? Or are you just chatting bollocks?

Pro. F wrote: »
    What would be significant about me not posting during a winning run? You think I wouldn't be happy about United winning? Or are you just chatting bollocks?

That was posted quite a few days ago as I recall Pro, glad to know I'm not the only one who reads every post and page of this horrid place :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

stankratz wrote: »
    That was posted quite a few days ago as I recall Pro, glad to know I'm not the only one who reads every post and page of this horrid place :pac:

Pro is better then that he just searches his name to see who talked about him then it's bang bang bang....

Welcome Back Pro F

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote: »
    Pro is better then that he just searches his name to see who talked about him then it's bang bang bang....

Welcome Back Pro F

He's been missed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement