Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pro. F wrote: »
    What would be significant about me not posting during a winning run? You think I wouldn't be happy about United winning? Or are you just chatting bollocks?

Chatting bollocks! As a joke. We're all happy... I think :)

Btw I've never heard the term "chatting bollocks" before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

What would be significant about me not posting during a winning run? You think I wouldn't be happy about United winning? Or are you just chatting bollocks?

Pretty sure that was a tongue in cheek comment :)

You were missed, were you banned or self enforced? Either way good to have you back.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Gianluca Di Marzio is now reporting that the club could be working a move to bring Evra back in January...

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/evra-could-return-to-manchester-united-in-january-kolasinac-could-replace-him-at-juventus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Maybe he can teach Shaw something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

brinty wrote: »
    He's been missed

Hole
    Head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

stankratz wrote: »
    Gianluca Di Marzio is now reporting that the club could be working a move to bring Evra back in January...

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/evra-could-return-to-manchester-united-in-january-kolasinac-could-replace-him-at-juventus

He has recently done a 'how much he loves United' on Instagram.

If he does return, hope he defends well, great going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Evra went extremely downhill in his last couple of seasons and I'd hate for him to come back and do even more damage to his legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

You don't really believe that do you? In the past month or so Man Utd have got away with 2 red cards not given against Rojo and had two offside goals in the past 3 games. Obviously decisions have gone against Man Utd in that timeframe too.
    But no one team is being screwed over this season, it's just that the officials have mainly been atrocious so far this season.

Yeah United have got better fortune recently with refs, and it's also true the standard of refereeing has been brutal across the board at times (in saying that, the 2 games where Rojo should have seen red, Barry should also have gone for Everton and I think it was Lee for Palace, and the 2 offside goals didn't really affect much in the end).

But around the end of November Sky even did an article about how many decisions have gone against United so far this season, and they never do anything like that for us.
    Not having a whinge about it, it happens, we've moved on at this stage. Just saying that if you watched every United game this season you'd know that yes that guy was being serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Really hope this isnt true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

Hoping United rest the the starters against Reading.

Romero

Darmian, Smallng Tuanzebe, Shaw

Fosu Mensah , Schweinsteiger

Rooney

Lingard. Rashford Martial

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Rainman16 wrote: »

Romero

Rooney

Won't happen, Jose wants a trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Nalz wrote: »

Fair enough.
    You were missed, were you banned or self enforced? Either way good to have you back.

Thanks. No ban, just been busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Saw this on face ache today.

Red legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Rainman16 wrote: »

Romero

Rooney

I hope Mensah starts anyway. Reckon Rooney , Martial and Fellaini also good shout to start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Saw this on face ache today.

Red legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just see that yet another Chelsea player leaving for China it's John obi this time....... I wonder are we entitled to any money this time :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

That line up is comfortably enough to beat Reading so I would expect a good few changes, maybe not that extensive but that would be the team i would like to see out

duffman13 wrote: »
    That line up is comfortably enough to beat Reading so I would expect a good few changes, maybe not that extensive but that would be the team i would like to see out

A team of fringe players with little to no actual game time is good enough to beat a team riding high in the championship?

What kind of red tinted glasses do you own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

A team of fringe players with little to no actual game time is good enough to beat a team riding high in the championship?

Martial, Rooney, Smalling, Shaw, Schweinsteiger, Romero, Darmian are all established players. So yeah I'd be happy enough to see that team because it has plenty of experience and Rashford, Lingard and Tuanzabe are not new to the scene either.

So yeah I'd be happy with that team to beat Reading. Oh and no need for the snarky comment, feel free to talk about the merits of the team without the poxy snarky comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hasn't been mentioned, but the club have recalled Joel Pereira from his loan with Belenenses in Portugal. He's to be 3rd choicekeeper behind David De Gea & Sergio Romero while Sam Johnstone goes out on loan.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Jan/manchester-united-goalkeeper-joel-pereira-recalled-from-loan-spell-at-belenenses.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bitterly disappointed with how Schneiderlin has not worked out. Was ecstatic when we signed him - thought he would take over from Carrick. Thought himself, Herrera and Pogba could be an excellent midfield for us this season.

I worry about the lack of depth in midfield.

If that team was put out, and lost to Reading - it would still be considered a terrible loss for United. That side should be good enough to beat a Championship side, yes. The gap between the Championship and PL is huge.

If that team was put out, and lost to Reading - it would still be considered a terrible loss for United. That side should be good enough to beat a Championship side, yes. The gap between the Championship and PL is huge.

If they were all playing regularly together as a squad, I'd agree with that.

But they aren't, so there's be a lack of understanding between players for a start, then you've got the other issues like form keeping the players out of the actual first team, they won't magically turn that back on for a one off cup game for example.

It's not as simple as saying "these players are good", on paper it looks a lot better than it would in reality.

If they were all playing regularly together as a squad, I'd agree with that.

But they aren't, so there's be a lack of understanding between players for a start, then you've got the other issues like form keeping the players out of the actual first team, they won't magically turn that back on for a one off cup game for example.

It's not as simple as saying "these players are good", on paper it looks a lot better than it would in reality.

The only area of concern (imo - and it would be a huge one, has me siding with you) is the central midfield of TFM and BS - can see that being utterly walked over.

Again, it shows up the lack of depth at CM.

The only area of concern (imo - and it would be a huge one, has me siding with you) is the central midfield of TFM and BS - can see that being utterly walked over.

Again, it shows up the lack of depth at CM.

It doesn't really when your talking about leaving our four midfielders from Carrick, pogba, Herrera and Fellaini your down to fit and sixth choice midfielders of tfm who is a top talent we all want to see play more and a world cup winning midfielder most wanted to see play more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Can see Jose take this game seriously. He knows the League is gone, so top 4 and at LEAST one trophy would be seen as a decent if not great season. The League Cup is of course the easier one to win but far less prestigious so the EL and FA Cup are the other options and a defeat this weekend would knock the progress back over the last month somewhat.

Then again it is at OT and no point hiding it, that's a HUGE advantage over smaller teams, or at least should be. Excited to see a possible Martial/ Rashford pairing also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Really hope this happens, even if he only plays 10 games between now and end of season, a bit like henrik Larson.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

bangkok wrote: »
    Really hope this happens, even if he only plays 10 games between now and end of season, a bit like henrik Larson.

God would have loved if he played a full season with us, class act

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Can see Jose take this game seriously. He knows the League is gone, so top 4 and at LEAST one trophy would be seen as a decent if not great season. The League Cup is of course the easier one to win but far less prestigious so the EL and FA Cup are the other options and a defeat this weekend would knock the progress back over the last month somewhat.

Then again it is at OT and no point hiding it, that's a HUGE advantage over smaller teams, or at least should be. Excited to see a possible Martial/ Rashford pairing also.

Jose doesn't know if the league is gone, and will continue to try and win one game at a time and see where it takes United.

Chelsea's defense recently has started to look more suspect. It is a 10 point lead over us in January, not March.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Nalz wrote: »

Btw I've never heard the term "chatting bollocks" before

It's like the Irish version of the Jamie Vardy thing.

Chat bollocks, get rode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/817326374230835200

Fee yet to be agreed but Schneiderlin could be at Everton in time to play against City.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I'm not a big fan of Schneiderlin's but it's odd how quickly he is seemingly being cast aside by Jose. Maybe it's that Schneiderlin himself has been kicking up a fuss about being a squad player or something.

If Jose is sticking with the the three central midfielder formation, then if Schneiderlin is sold we might need two new CMs brought in. I suppose it partly depends on whether Jose sees Blind as a CM option and what he plans to do with Schweinsteiger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm not a big fan of Schneiderlin's but it's odd how quickly he is seemingly being cast aside by Jose. Maybe it's that Schneiderlin himself has been kicking up a fuss about being a squad player or something.

If Jose is sticking with the the three central midfielder formation, then if Schneiderlin is sold we might need two new CMs brought in. I suppose it partly depends on whether Jose sees Blind as a CM option and what he plans to do with Schweinsteiger.

I reckon Jose will definitely bring in his own DM, either this month or in the summer. He hasnt shown any faith in Blind or Schweinsteiger thus far in that role so I dont think he will going forward.

Schneiderlins career has been one big fat meh since he signed. Hugely underwhelming. I cant remember one performance where he impressed me.
    I would guess he has asked for a move due to lack of opportunities.

Chicharito on the way out of Leverkusen

Link
    Bayer Leverkusen will not extend Javier Hernández’s contract and are planning to sell the player this summer. The Mexico striker’s deal runs until June 2018 but the Guardian understands the Bundesliga club are expected to cash in on the former Manchester United and Real Madrid player in the next transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Unless Blind or Basti are in Jose's plans for cm then a player needs to be bought this month.
    Jose hasnt used either so far so it's safe to say neither have a future at cm.That leaves 4 cm's who he uses ,one or 2 injuries and things are ****ed.

• Advertisement

Chicharito on the way out of Leverkusen

Link

Seems to be after falling out with them over there he started off well scoring goals but hasn't scored on few months now.

While he is one player I wish we never sold I donno if he is a player I'd love to see come back either of we signed him we would have no room for another top class striker in the summer so I'd pass also I don't think he is a jose forward he will not contribute in anyway outside the box.

But I still love him.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Unless Blind or Basti are in Jose's plans for cm then a player needs to be bought this month.
    Jose hasnt used either so far so it's safe to say neither have a future at cm.That leaves 4 cm's who he uses ,one or 2 injuries and things are ****ed.

Id safely say he will sign a cm if he is sold. He is of no use whatsoever if jose doesn't rate him and if that'd the case we are better with someone like diarra coming in if jose wants him and will give him game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I don't see why Morgan needs to be replaced if he wasn't even part of Jose's plans in the first place!! I'd much rather prefer if Jose promoted a youth player from the Reserves and gave him the chance to play with the first team.

Yes eventually someone will have to come in to replace Carrick but atm I hope he waits until summer to do so.

I don't see why Morgan needs to be replaced if he wasn't even part of Jose's plans in the first place!! I'd much rather prefer if Jose promoted a youth player from the Reserves and gave him the chance to play with the first team.

Yes eventually someone will have to come in to replace Carrick but atm I hope he waits until summer to do so.

there isn't a youth player good enough, imo.

The further into the season we go, the more fitness can become an issue and the more your squad needs to be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Hey can I ask a quick match day question. Bringing young fella to our first game (both of us) got tickets to WBA on April 1st wanna get flights and hotel sorted ASAP to cut down on costs but match is yet to be confirmed but what is the likelihood of it being changed from a 3pm ko on Sat and at what stage will it be confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

An injury or two to Pogba and Herrera/Carrick and we would be in trouble for the rest of the season. Fine for a game or two but if it's a few games we would need decent experienced back up.

Will probably never happen now but would still love to see Fábergas in this United team, don't think he is past it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I don't see why Morgan needs to be replaced if he wasn't even part of Jose's plans in the first place!!

Schneiderlin has played as often as Romero has this season, what would you say if you heard Romero was about to leave the club? Would you say that we need to sort some goalkeeping cover, or would you say that he wasn't part of the plans anyway so no need to replace him?

Morgan was part of the plans, the part that said he was a senior player available for selection if needed. That we got away without using him so far does not guarantee we will not need to use him or his replacement later in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Not sure if it's a negative or positive that Schneiderlin will be debuting against City

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

I'm not so sure. We are challenging for the Premier league title and Europa League this season. It would probably be beneficial to our season to get an early exit from the FA Cup this season.

We don't need it, and our squad could use some rest.

We are still on for a Treble winning season, without the FA Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Michael Essien is a free agent. A Jose favourite at Chelsea, who he also brought in on loan at Real.

34 now but if he is in good shape, could surely provide adequate cover until the end of the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jose confirms Romero and Rooney start against Reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Only have 4 senior cm's at the club unless Jose uses Blind and Basti. One bad injury and there is no one to cover.

I think United need 3 cm's now that Morgan is going.A longterm replacement for Carrick and 2 more for cover/competition.
    Need to get those bought over the next 2 windows in my opinion and if someone is available now they should be bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Michael Essien is a free agent. A Jose favourite at Chelsea, who he also brought in on loan at Real.

34 now but if he is in good shape, could surely provide adequate cover until the end of the season.

Nah Essien has been past it for about 7 years now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Evra? Essien? Who's next? Drogba?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Romero, Rooney and Schweinsteiger all to start tomorrow by the sounds of it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement