Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

limnam wrote: »
    He's having a laugh.

What's Ander, the new Roy Keane?

Martial the new giggs?

Pogba / scholes?

Get off the stage Jose....

Jose didn't manage any of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Jose didn't manage any of those.

Ah, _his_ teams doh!

I thought he meant the best united team play wise...

As you were!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

He's having a laugh.

Martial the new giggs?

Pogba / scholes?

Get off the Internet limnam your loosing it :):):)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Get off the Internet limnam your loosing it :):):)

Putting on my coat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

He's having a laugh.

Martial the new giggs?

Pogba / scholes?

The poster said one of his best teams not the best united team.

Anyway would say its about giving the players confidence. Things are defintley getting better. I was very impressed with the team in the last two games.

In fairness, his Madrid side were fairly handy at the old football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

All the teams he has managed has been fairly handy at it to be honest. I wouldnt read to much into it. Its very similar to a new signing saying " he has dreamed to play for the club since he was a kid" malarky

phenom wrote: »
    The poster said one of his best teams not the best united team.

Anyway would say its about giving the players confidence. Things are defintley getting better. I was very impressed with the team in the last two games.

Understood, everyone can stop breaking my balls now :pac:

In fairness, his Madrid side were fairly handy at the old football.

Thats the one I thought of straight away they were fantastic.

It's funny tho that team was so good but united arguably should of beaten them in fergies last year we played that well yet some people have you to believe fergie left a terrible team behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

So jose says this man united team is one of his Best teams play wise I donno if I'd agree there but we definitely going in the right direction.

His first Chelsea side were a great watch, extremely enjoyable watching Duff and Robben on the wings tearing it up was great to watch except when they went they went on to win the league at our expense.

The last few months have definitely been the most enjoyable since Fergie left, long may it continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Thats the one I thought of straight away they were fantastic.

It's funny tho that team was so good but united arguably should of beaten them in fergies last year we played that well yet some people have you to believe fergie left a terrible team behind.

I rarely disagree with you but that game at Old Trafford when Nani got sent off for a high boot to the chest was a disciplined United performance but Madrid were far superior. United fell to pieces when Nani went off as they needed every man to do a defensive shift. Ronaldo outjumping Evra by about 4 feet was my biggest memory of the first leg. Jose trying to audition for the job by saying we were the better team was nothing more than him trying to endear himself to us.

Fergie definitely didn't leave a terrible team, just one heavily reliant on his management skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its already been said, but although that night we upped our game and made a contest of things, even before the sending off it was a case of needing everything to go our way to get a result. That wasn't a great team at all, especially in the midfield area that Fergie so sorely neglected.

GSPfan wrote: »
    I rarely disagree with you but that game at Old Trafford when Nani got sent off for a high boot to the chest was a disciplined United performance but Madrid were far superior. United fell to pieces when Nani went off as they needed every man to do a defensive shift. Ronaldo outjumping Evra by about 4 feet was my biggest memory of the first leg. Jose trying to audition for the job by saying we were the better team was nothing more than him trying to endear himself to us.

Fergie definitely didn't leave a terrible team, just one heavily reliant on his management skills.

And I do agree with you madrid we're superior but we did play really well against them and I remember Phil Jones doing well in that game too in midfield and that team definitely counted on fergie to play like they did but it showed that collectively the team wasn't bad to the extent that some people say it was just that it was fergies team and they wouldn't perform like that under anyone else but they were a winning team.

I also think no matter what the Arsenal fans say they are going to have a very hard time of it when wenger goes to that team now ain't that great but when a manager goes in and tries something different they will be even worse the club is the same as united were its built totally around the manager he is literally the pillar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Unless there are other deals contingent on Schneiderlin moving I hope we string Everton along for next few weeks then demand an extra 4m just before the transfer window closes. :)

Korat wrote: »
    Unless there are other deals contingent on Schneiderlin moving I hope we string Everton along for next few weeks then demand an extra 4m just before the transfer window closes. :)

No manager apart from moyes would put up with it tho ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Looking forward to the game tomorrow.Reading are a decent side but are woeful at the back so I would expect plenty of goals scored.
    For a team in 3rd they have I think only 2 teams have a worse defensive record in top half of Championship.
    Rooney will break the record ......

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mourinho currently our best in history, let's hope he stay there.

https://twitter.com/realkevinpalmer/status/817417626293075969

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I also think no matter what the Arsenal fans say they are going to have a very hard time of it when wenger goes to that team now ain't that great but when a manager goes in and tries something different they will be even worse the club is the same as united were its built totally around the manager he is literally the pillar.

I've had the opinion for a few years now that Arsenal really, really need to wake up and make a change in the manager. He won't win them another title and within a few years they will go from always top four to always top five or six.

Sure they might have transition issues after he goes, even we couldn't avoid that, but great as he was Arsenal are going only one direction if they stick with Wenger.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »

:D

That won't go down well on Brookside Close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

RobertKK wrote: »

https://twitter.com/realkevinpalmer/status/817417626293075969

A couple of months back he was the worst!

A couple of months back he was the worst!

His antics are holding us back though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

stankratz wrote: »
    Whatever he is, even as a younger player he he was fearless. Stam would have achieved his 'hard bastard' badges long by then, and would have been renowned for them. Zlatan didn't seem to give much of a fúck though.

Great photo of the two in fairness.

Edit: Is Gattuso holding back Stam, or taking cover? Does Gattuso even know himself? :pac:

Here he is being threatened by some fool of a fan after a match at 19 years old. Doesn't look like he gave 2 ****s. I'd imagine there's not much that can faze the man.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/new-video-shows-19-year-8639280

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

United have hired 2 more scouts,one from Liverpool and another from Brighton.

zerks wrote: »

Along with the two we stole from city? Get in there.

• Advertisement

Employment on Merseyside has shot up by 20%.
    *joke.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm thrilled this side of the club seems to be getting examined big time. For all we're supposedly a club about youth, it seemed obvious our scouting system was flagging behind other clubs, so nice to see improvements being made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It was a review that began last year wasn't it? Assume this is as a result of the outcome of that, began last January iirc?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone know how much longer till team news us released?

11.30 or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Wonder will Bastian get a start or is Jose just teasing us?

Its always an hour before kickoff time give or take five mins and anything before then is leaks which have dried up lately or people trying to sound in the know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Its always an hour before kickoff time give or take five mins and anything before then is leaks which have dried up lately or people trying to sound in the know.

That's only PL I think.. can release before the hour on cup games.. we usually release team bout 1hr 15mins before the Europa League games.. it's not set for the cups

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

Hopefully we'll see Tuanzebe and Fosu Mensah get some game time and play well today. It would be great if they could become useful rotation players in the season run in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

xtal191 wrote: »

De Gea Valencia Ibra Pogba Mkhitaryan and Jones all rested.

Hopefully Carrick won't play too long and Schweinsteiger takes over.

Edit: just noticed Herrera has the day off too.. mental to be able to change so much and still have a strong team

Good to see pogba and Zlatan rested but still in bench as insurance

Rest Carrick for Liverpool I thought :/

Damn had hoped basti would start, strong enough team

M!Ck^ wrote: »

He will be rested on Tuesday night against Hull I'd say..

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Probably won't play against Hull midweek

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Was hoping he might give Goss a game. These are the games to play 1 or 2 youth players to see how they do. If not start them, at least have them on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Only 2 changes to fa cup final side. We have come a long way

Where is Luke Shaw? Should we be worried?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Rossi IRL wrote:
    Was hoping he might give Goss a game. These are the games to play 1 or 2 youth players to see how they do. If not start them, at least have them on the bench.

Goss.. was he not sold on loan????
    Only youngster about are Rashers Fosu monster and tuanzebe

Tyler blackett playing for reading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

GSPfan wrote:
    Where is Luke Shaw? Should we be worried?

Injury
    Don't worry
    He'll be like a new signing

Delighted for Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

J. Marston wrote: »
    Good chance of Rooney breaking the record tomorrow.

'Sup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Could be a historical day today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

brinty wrote: »
    Goss.. was he not sold on loan????

Dont no, he was playing the other night for the youth team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement