Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Good, its about time Utd started to get market prices we they sell

Exactly! Should be getting proper prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

astradave wrote: »
    The Mail are reporting that United won't let Morgan go until we receive a bid close to what we paid for him. Everton bid below 20m and have been told by United to up their bid or Morgan won't be going anywhere..

Would love a straight swap for Coleman (wont happen) but yh we need to start getting more for players we sell. How much did we sell Hernandez and Nani for? Peanuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

full strength team v hull on tuesday.. good to see, put the tie to bed early

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Good, its about time Utd started to get market prices we they sell

its only because premier league clubs are awash with money.

If everton came in for hernandez or nani they would have sold for a lot more. both players probably took pay cuts when they moved

Jose's press conference for the EFL game with Hull...

Says that although we have an important game next weekend, he wants to win this cup and we will be going in to Tuesday's game with "all of our power".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Thats another reason why we should be pushing Everton for the extra £. With the extra TV money,never mind all the extra funds they now have, a few £ won't make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I would still like him to play 1 or 2 youth players or even bring them on off the bench.

Play TFM at right back, he played well there last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

My Da would beat up your Da

Is what I've taken from a few pages.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Scrolled through 6 pages of trash .

Anyway, any transfer rumours going around, who is this bakayoko guy?

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Would love a straight swap for Coleman (wont happen) but yh we need to start getting more for players we sell. How much did we sell Hernandez and Nani for? Peanuts

And the you just contribute to it :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

TheDoc wrote: »
    My Da would beat up your Da

Is what I've taken from a few pages.....

klopp-rage.gif

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/818224516379906048

In The Mirror Jose has tipped Rashford to be the one to best Rooney and Charlton as the clubs record goalscorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/818224516379906048

In The Mirror Jose has tipped Rashford to be the one to best Rooney and Charlton as the clubs record goalscorer.

But Jose doesn't like Youth players (!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

In fairness I've always liked Rojo. Didn't cost much and covers 2 positions. Whatever about his ability at LB and I think people scapegoated him a bit when he played there but I don't think he's ever had a bad game at CB. Tries a few mental things too when he gets into shooting range so clearly confident enough.

I like how the squad is competitive now with players coming in for a few games at a time and it being based on how well you are playing and not reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Rojo is our David Luiz or Sergio Ramos. Always on the brink of a foul or a card but generally does way more good than harm.

I never doubt his commitment in a game. He is doing well and it'd be good to see him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Its brilliant that Rojo is playing well ,another option.He may be rash at times but hes done no wrong this season and the competion for places is great.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Rojo is our David Luiz or Sergio Ramos. Always on the brink of a foul or a card but generally does way more good than harm.

I never doubt his commitment in a game. He is doing well and it'd be good to see him back.

What I said about him when he signed: "He can be rash but at least he tries to win a tackle and isn't one of these defenders who won't bother to run back if he is beaten." The thing that drove me nuts about Evans when he was at the club was a simple high ball over his head left him standing waving his arms,I saw Rojo see a ball go over his head when he had just started playing for United and he charged back like a man possesed to make a recovering tackle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Just had a look at the betting there for next week am surprised we are as short as 11/10, might have to go with the Zlatan wincast instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Some of the opinions on the squad are bordering on merseyesque delusion levels.

Wind it in lads. For jaysis sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Liam O wrote: »
    In fairness I've always liked Rojo. Didn't cost much and covers 2 positions. Whatever about his ability at LB and I think people scapegoated him a bit when he played there but I don't think he's ever had a bad game at CB. Tries a few mental things too when he gets into shooting range so clearly confident enough.

I like how the squad is competitive now with players coming in for a few games at a time and it being based on how well you are playing and not reputation.

His ball to Rooney over the top v Reading was a beaut. When Luiz did similar for Costa last week it was apparently the ball of the season, according to shearer of course.

beno619 wrote: »
    Since when does a teams/managers system ever come into play when picking fantasy teams or is this just a way to justify picking Firmino over Zlatan or Lallana over Pogba.

Ah it matters to a degree, back in the day it was all 442 so it was an easier debate but now things have moved on and different players suit different systems. Im not surprised the liverpool boys wouldnt want Zlatan but I wouldnt swap him for anyone in the Premier league at United.

If your going purely on talent, how do you even judge it Id probably pick 10 attacking payers and DeGea but it wouldnt make a good football team and I'd be doing an injustice to defensive players.

The whole convo is quite nuanced anyways but is an enjoyable one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Im not surprised the liverpool boys wouldnt want Zlatan but I wouldnt swap him for anyone in the Premier league at United.

I'd swap him for Aguero or Kane right this minute, but thats because it isn't fantasy football and there will be more seasons after this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Anyone know when the games for tv will be announced for April, going to book flights for the Chelsea game which I'm gonna gamble on being Super Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

duffman13 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the games for tv will be announced for April, going to book flights for the Chelsea game which I'm gonna gamble on being Super Sunday

Middle of next month id say.

I'd swap him for Aguero or Kane right this minute, but thats because it isn't fantasy football and there will be more seasons after this one.

Ah Fair enough tbh, I do love the Zlantan myself and he suits the style Jose plays, in fantasy land Id take a fit Aguero all day but Jose has never really played that kind of striker that I remember maybe Eto was the closest? I forget who was up top for Porto.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Eric Bailly talks about Lindelof: “I hope to play with him. Hopefully he will help us. “He is a very good player. He has great qualities and will certainly do well if he comes to us.
    “We have many good central defenders — Chris Smalling, Marcos Rojo, and Phil Jones, but I hope I get to play with Lindelof.
    “I don’t have a guaranteed place and I know I have to be good to play.
    “We’re all fighting to play. I think we have done well. We have done our best.
    “The day we get to play, if it comes, we must take advantage of that opportunity. I think we would fit well together.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Ah Fair enough tbh, I do love the Zlantan myself and he suits the style Jose plays, in fantasy land Id take a fit Aguero all day but Jose has never really played that kind of striker that I remember maybe Eto was the closest? I forget who was up top for Porto.

Eto'o played on the wing under Jose with Milito as the central striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

His ball to Rooney over the top v Reading was a beaut. When Luiz did similar for Costa last week it was apparently the ball of the season, according to shearer of course.

His contribution to attacking play is very good in general. I believe has a few assists of assists too.

Was watching Barca last night and noticed Rakitic omitted from the squad again. He has been dropped a bit this season for no real apparent reason. There is a midfield player worth keeping tabs on. Well imo anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Was watching Barca last night and noticed Rakitic omitted from the squad again. He has been dropped a bit this season for no real apparent reason. There is a midfield player worth keeping tabs on. Well imo anyway.

Being linked with a move to City I think.

adox wrote: »
    Being linked with a move to City I think.

Luis Enrique said it was rubbish but wouldn't say why he was dropped.. according to Marca they are trying to renew his contract. Probably why the links are popping up.. Rakitik is 29 now I think.. would be ideal replacement for Carrick imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

RobertKK wrote: »
    Eric Bailly talks about Lindelof: “I hope to play with him. Hopefully he will help us. “He is a very good player. He has great qualities and will certainly do well if he comes to us.
    “We have many good central defenders — Chris Smalling, Marcos Rojo, and Phil Jones, but I hope I get to play with Lindelof.
    “The day we get to play, if it comes, we must take advantage of that opportunity. I think we would fit well together.”

Where's this coming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

We may have our Carrick replacement at the club already, time will tell on that but I don't see Rakitic filling that role particularly well, I like him a bit further forward then that personally though I don't see him coming in anyway, Think if Jose is going to bring in a dm from outside the squad it will be someone a bit more athletic then that.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

We may have our Carrick replacement at the club already

Herrera ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Didn't this come from some Swedish interview? Anyone confirm how accurate this is?

Who's Carricks replacement already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Who's Carricks replacement already?

It's me.

I've been quiet the last few months as the paperwork was going on behind the scenes but I can now exclusively reveal that I'll be taking over the #16 at the end of the season.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »

it will be sad to see him turn into the beast he was at southampton at Everton and then us wondering why we sold him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

bangkok wrote: »
    it will be sad to see him turn into the beast he was at southampton at Everton and then us wondering why we sold him

There's a difference in being a beast for a comfortable 6th-12th place team and then bringing that level of beast to a team desperately trying to claw their way into the top four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's also worth noting that this is the first time the team has played reasonably well in several years. You can't really put that at a single player's door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

GSPfan wrote: »

Just dont ask him to cook you toast !!

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    It's also worth noting that this is the first time the team has played reasonably well in several years. You can't really put that at a single player's door.

But didn't you know, it's all down to Michael Carrick :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

But didn't you know, it's all down to Michael Carrick :rolleyes:

That is the narrative.

More likely the team were de-LVGed.

LVG was good for the passing game - not saying it was positive in terms of play.
    Jose has gotten the team playing the way he wants them.
    There were the poor results in the transition, the next few weeks will tell us a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

That is the narrative.

More likely the team were de-LVGed.

LVG was good for the passing game - not saying it was positive in terms of play.
    Jose has gotten the team playing the way he wants them.
    There were the poor results in the transition, the next few weeks will tell us a lot.

If we manage to beat Hull and Liverpool then I think we'll win every game up to the City match in the league. That would be an epic run of wins by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

We're up last this weekend too so we'll know if anyone above us slips up before the Liverpool game. Hopefully at least one of them will drop points. City away to Everton looks like the most likely for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Jayop wrote: »
    If we manage to beat Hull and Liverpool then I think we'll win every game up to the City match in the league. That would be an epic run of wins by then.

The City match would be switched to later in the season as I think it's scheduled for the weekend of league cup final.
    But you were probably factoring that into your thinking!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement