Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The City match would be switched to later in the season as I think it's scheduled for the weekend of league cup final.
    But you were probably factoring that into your thinking!!

:pac: Of course!! We'll go on a 30+ match winning streak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

J. Marston wrote: »
    There's a difference in being a beast for a comfortable 6th-12th place team and then bringing that level of beast to a team desperately trying to claw their way into the top four.

he never really got his chance though. look at how well rojo is playing now after a run in the team

TheDoc wrote: »
    But didn't you know, it's all down to Michael Carrick :rolleyes:

one of the main reasons the team is playing so well, he offers stability and passing that no one else in the team can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

bangkok wrote: »
    it will be sad to see him turn into the beast he was at southampton at Everton and then us wondering why we sold him

He might well turn into a beast but its hard not to think that he has nobody but himself to blame for how his United career is turning out.

Mourinho not only has pretty much the whole team playing better than previously, but has also shown that players who buckle down and do what he asks will not be frozen out, that they will get their chances.

So like a few others Morgan could have risen to the challenge and fought for his place, instead, he asked for a transfer.

What more can you do, if he doesn't have the fight in him to make it at United then let him on, he can go look good in midtable all he wants.

He might well turn into a beast but its hard not to think that he has nobody but himself to blame for how his United career is turning out.

Mourinho not only has pretty much the whole team playing better than previously, but has also shown that players who buckle down and do what he asks will not be frozen out, that they will get their chances.

So like a few others Morgan could have risen to the challenge and fought for his place, instead, he asked for a transfer.

What more can you do, if he doesn't have the fight in him to make it at United then let him on, he can go look good in midtable all he wants.

that wouldnt be hard in fairness.

also factor in a world record transfer for pogba, zlatan ibrahimovic, mkhitarayan and Bailly have all been added to the squad, almost half a new team.

he never got a run of 3-4 games to see what he can do like other players have. he has been unlucky imo

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Morgan Schneiderlin is now one of those "What could've been" signings - shame it didn't work out for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

he never got a run of 3-4 games to see what he can do like other players have. he has been unlucky imo

Why should he? Jose has said anyone that trains well is automatically an option and he will give them chances obviously Morgan is not doing enough in training for jose trust him more then ander or Fellaini or Carrick...

It says alot about Morgan when you see bastian has fought his way back out of training with the reserves and having his locker taken on him to be back in match day selections and a couple of cameo appearances to build on. I'd guess bastian will get a few starts before the end of the season too.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Why should he? Jose has said anyone that trains well is automatically an option and he will give them chances obviously Morgan is not doing enough in training for jose trust him more then ander or Fellaini or Carrick...

It says alot about Morgan when you see bastian has fought his way back out of training with the reserves and having his locker taken on him to be back in match day selections and a couple of cameo appearances to build on. I'd guess bastian will get a few starts before the end of the season too.

too be honest im disappointed with bastian, he seems to have no desire in him to play, happy to pick up his massive wages every week. wasting his career away. still only 32 he should be playing everyweek somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

too be honest im disappointed with bastian, he seems to have no desire in him to play, happy to pick up his massive wages every week. wasting his career away. still only 32 he should be playing everyweek somewhere

And he goes home after training for a game of mixed doubles with ana ivanovic. Life is sweet.

Why obviously jose don't see this as he has brought him back into the first team? Do you think jose would select him or have him around young players if he wasn't working hard to get fit and into the team?

Jose said the weekend that bastian had the chance to go but he said he wanted to stay and fight for his place which he has been doing?

If United accepted and offer for him or told him to leave bastian would be able negotiate with them for part of his salary or I'd imagine America or China would match his salary.

He has nothing else to prove in the game he has won everything so if he wants to fight for his place at one of the top clubs in the world and believes he can do that why should he move to a second rate league or a lesser club in Europe.

Edit: and by the way I love how you ended the debate on Morgan by concentrating on bastian haha ;)

• Advertisement

Why obviously jose don't see this as he has brought him back into the first team? Do you think jose would select him or have him around young players if he wasn't working hard to get fit and into the team?

Jose said the weekend that bastian had the chance to go but he said he wanted to stay and fight for his place which he has been doing?

If United accepted and offer for him or told him to leave bastian would be able negotiate with them for part of his salary or I'd imagine America or China would match his salary.

He has nothing else to prove in the game he has won everything so if he wants to fight for his place at one of the top clubs in the world and believes he can do that why should he move to a second rate league or a lesser club in Europe.

Edit: and by the way I love how you ended the debate on Morgan by concentrating on bastian haha ;)

he hasnt even started 1 league game this season and we are now linked with monaco midfielder bakayoko. he is picking up 250k a week, he wont get that anywhere else even in america

he hasnt even started 1 league game this season and we are now linked with monaco midfielder bakayoko. he is picking up 250k a week, he wont get that anywhere else even in america

Uhm China

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Uhm China

if he was south american yes

How many concrete bids from America has united recieved? As I said if United accept a bid for him they would have to pay some of his wages if lesser then he getting now.

Course he hasn't started any he was training in the reserves until November and the team has not lost a game in the period since he came back but he has been named on the bench and made two sub appearances albeit small.

The debate isn't about his playing time as of yet it's about the fact that he was once said to not have any future under Jose and it would be near impossible for him to get a place in the team the words of jose himself who has seen the way he has conducted himself and trained so has done a complete u turn and put him in the squad and team where as Morgan hasn't for a couple months now I think it is.

Source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The debate isn't about his playing time as of yet it's about the fact that he was once said to not have any future under Jose and it would be near impossible for him to get a place in the team the words of jose himself who has seen the way he has conducted himself and trained so has done a complete u turn and put him in the squad and team where as Morgan hasn't for a couple months now I think it is.

Which brings us back to the original point. I believe Jose stated that Morgan and Depay were not being considered because they had already decided that they wanted to leave, so its clear that Morgan just wasn't up for the fight, despite evidence that the manager is prepared to give chances to anybody putting in the hard work.

Which brings us back to the original point. I believe Jose stated that Morgan and Depay were not being considered because they had already decided that they wanted to leave, so its clear that Morgan just wasn't up for the fight, despite evidence that the manager is prepared to give chances to anybody putting in the hard work.

Lol exactly that's why I mentioned bastian in first place but bangkok been bangkok you have to circle the roundabout a few times before you can turn off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Jose seems very fair. If you are prepared to work hard & accept that you aren't an automatic first choice then he is happy for you to stay. If you want to leave then he won't stand in your way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

hahaha_beautiful_o.gif
    Using sports Joe to back up your point lol and it's from before He even signed a speculative article at that. I don't think bastian is even on 200k a week at United and no i dont have a source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:
    Using sports Joe to back up your point lol and it's from before He even signed a speculative article at that. I don't think bastian is even on 200k a week at United and no i dont have a source.

He doesn't help himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

hahaha_beautiful_o.gif

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/manchester-united-player-salaries/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Some epic moving of the goalposts going on by the bangkok one :D

• Advertisement

United wrote him off from a financial point at 6m for the year.. 6m is 115k a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Home to Wigan in the cup

United to play Wigan in 4th round of the F.A Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

FA cup Fourth Round at home to Wigan Athletic

just google "bastian schweinsteiger wages" 14.3m per year

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    United wrote him off from a financial point at 6m for the year.. 6m is 115k a week.

no 6m was the transfer fee we paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Very nice draw!!! No worries there, we should skim past them like we did against Reading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Top 6 should all comfortably make it into the 5th round of the cup.

Fair enough.. either way you should get back to the case in point.. Morgan.. not Bastian wages

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Did you get a shovel for Christmas?

Job done so. Or...

Of course, this is all speculation unless we have access to Bastian's financial information, but here are some first page Google results for a simple, unloaded "Bastian Schweinsteiger wages" search...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/manchester-united/bastian-schweinsteiger-will-leave-old-trafford-but-only-if-his-wages-are-paid-in-full-it-will-cost-138m-35075298.html Sept 2016 -£175k

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/manchester-united-player-salaries/ Jan 2017 - £200k

http://www.express.co.uk/pictures/sport/5494/Manchester-United-players-weekly-wages-revealed-sportgalleries/Bastian-Schweinsteiger-139786 Sept 2016 - £200k

http://www.sportsind.com/football/manchester-united-player-salaries/ August 2016 - £200k

There are 10 results on that page. 9 of them, and the most recent, mention upwards of £200k per week and examples of them are linked above. 1 of the results at the very bottom of the page is your SportsJoe article from a year ago, the only one to state anything above £200k. Did you deliberately skip over all of the others which didn't back-up what you said?

Even though Google search results can be different for everyone and you might have entered slightly different terms, the common consensus for any search for Bastian's current wages are £200k per week. You'd have to look very hard and/or narrow to find anything otherwise.

Just seen this after I wrote the above post. That's exactly what I did.

stankratz wrote: »
    Just seen this after I wrote the above post. That's exactly what I did.

result comes straight up....14.3m

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/453609/Manchester-United-Bastian-Schweinsteiger-Premier-League-13m

I love how Morgan deserving a run of games in the squad turns into how much bastian earns :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

But doesnt the article that you provided as a source for the salary Schweinsteiger is on also claim Utd paid "around £14.4 million" for him :confused:

• Advertisement

But doesnt the article that you provided as a source for the salary Schweinsteiger is on also claim Utd paid "around £14.4 million" for him :confused:

yea that article was before the deal took place, it was confirmed we paid 6m for him

DM_7 wrote: »
    Did you get a shovel for Christmas?

no i got a train and now i go everywhere saying "choo choo"

That first bolded result in Google searches, while a handy pointer in general terms (I like to use it for spelling/dictionary), links straight from a Wikipedia page most of the time that Google has "their own" answer.

Fair enough. Though in this case, when you click into the Wiki link on the side of the Google page where the salary is listed, nothing is mentioned on Bastian's Wiki page at all about his salary. I went in to see where they got the £14.3m from, it isn't even in there. When I go back to the Google page and click on the word 'salary' where the £14.3m is listed in the hope of that taking me to the source, it simply reloads the same Google page with the links I provided.

Nowhere can I find a source for that Google stat. Never mind Wikipedia's references which I went looking for, Wiki don't even have it on their page. So therefore Google used other sources as well as Wiki for the few stats on their search results page, fair enough again, but I cannot find them. Can you?

Without them, you throwing that up there is meaningless. Feel free though to ignore all those actual links and results which give the common consensus for Basti's wages being upwards of £200k per week, or £10.4m per annum.

Going on those Google stats, he is earning more than Rooney who is 'only' on £13m a year, or £250k per week. I'm not having that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

yea that article was before the deal took place, it was confirmed we paid 6m for him

But if you are acknowledging that the fee for the player was incorrect how can you then claim the weekly salary they reported him being on is correct?

But if you are acknowledging that the fee for the player was incorrect how can you then claim the weekly salary they reported him being on is correct?

Coz he said so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

What a load of old tosh lads. Who even cares??

Anyway, Wigan at home in the 4th round isn't too bad.

Jayop wrote: »

No one cares it was just a bangkok escape route.

Yehh Wigan is a decent draw couldn't ask for much more then a home tie against lower league. It will still be a decent game too they will try play.

No one cares it was just a bangkok escape route.

Yehh Wigan is a decent draw couldn't ask for much more then a home tie against lower league. It will still be a decent game too they will try play.

:confused:

yea, anyway, any home draw is a good draw imo. Should have no problem beating wigan. No decent 4th round ties either

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »

At first I was a bit bewildered at the stat and sought to clarify it out of curiousity, even if bangkok could provide that clarification for me. He couldn't, and since doing a bit of research myself, I'm now using it as an example of his regular fake news contribution to the thread and the "I'll believe anything I read without question once it agrees with my narrative" method behind it.

Not GGMU enough, or "Let's stuff Wigan at home, fingers crossed it goes well", today I don't care. No harm jayop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement